Hacking [Tutorial] How to update Emunand on a N3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
There's no reason you shouldn't be able to install themehax but you could use MSET which is old and ruins your system settings.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. The weird thing is, I used the exact same method on a N3DS JP and a N3DS EU to downgrade from 10.3 and install CFW (different firmware files of course). The JP updated to 9.5 without issue, first try! The EU constantly gives the black screen problem!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll give it a try. The weird thing is, I used the exact same method on a N3DS JP and a N3DS EU to downgrade from 10.3 and install CFW (different firmware files of course). The JP updated to 9.5 without issue, first try! The EU constantly gives the black screen problem!
black screen problem is due to having themehax in emuNAND. delete the theme folder from the extdata from the emunand from the SD card.
See last page for someone having the same problem

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
black screen problem is due to having themehax in emuNAND. delete the theme folder from the extdata from the emunand from the SD card.
See last page for someone having the same problem

But thats what I mean, the JP and EU N3DS both have themehax installed. Yet one upgraded first attempt, the other constantly fails.

EDIT: I've now changed the theme in emuNAND, deleted the the theme folder 000002ce and I am still getting black screen...argh!!

Last edited by nippyn,

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But thats what I mean, the JP and EU N3DS both have themehax installed. Yet one upgraded first attempt, the other constantly fails.

EDIT: I've now changed the theme in emuNAND, deleted the the theme folder 000002ce and I am still getting black screen...argh!!
Are you trying to launch themehax through Emunand?

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you trying to launch themehax through Emunand?

I don't think I have. I used browserhax and this launches ctrbootmanager which in turn boots rxTools. I then installed 9.5, it rebooted into sysNAND and I lauch browserhax again etc.

I don't think that is touching menuhax is it? Sorry if I'm wrong. Still pretty new!

minineng

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a N3DS 9.2 with Reinand working, but when I try to update using the config menu from the console (I'm on Rei 9.2.0-20E), the console updates and asks me to reboot. When i try to open reiNand again, the screen goes black after the "Press start to run reiNand" and stays like that.
Do you know any fix for this? I've tried also using sysUpdater, and i get the same result.
Thanks in advance

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because most everyone who uses rxTools will still come to this thread its not supported yet right now only Gateway and Reinand can use 10.3
But why don't people use reinand? As far as i'm aware, rxtools doesn't have any major difference. If it's about booting NTR, there's an updated version of that too now so...
I was on rxtools too then switched to reinand. I'm just curious on why people are so intent on waiting for rxtools.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why don't people use reinand? As far as i'm aware, rxtools doesn't have any major difference. If it's about booting NTR, there's an updated version of that too now so...
I was on rxtools too then switched to reinand. I'm just curious on why people are so intent on waiting for rxtools.
Rei is light weight like pasta cfw rxTools has alot of features.

Reactions: RoyalLemons

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guide called for Cakes so i'm sticking with 9.5. It just works.
Edit: Yes I'm aware that 10.3 support supposedly exists for cakes. Not interested. Tried it once and softbricked because I messed something up.

Last edited by waffletower,

Cataklysm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I used this guide because I wanted to update my n3DSXL to 9.5

Everything went according to plan. Restarted the console, bricked.

Aim to inject the emunand back in...

ERROR, INVALID NAND FILE SIZE.

And thus, I have a fucking paperweight. Fantastique. All that work to downgrade..and I just wanted the nudge. Had to take the nudge.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I used this guide because I wanted to update my n3DSXL to 9.5

Everything went according to plan. Restarted the console, bricked.

Aim to inject the emunand back in...

ERROR, INVALID NAND FILE SIZE.

And thus, I have a fucking paperweight. Fantastique. All that work to downgrade..and I just wanted the nudge. Had to take the nudge.
Use emunand tool 1.0.1
1.0.3 gives that problem and cant inject

Reactions: ghurk

russel814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Xenon,

Nice and noob friendly guide. First of all Thank you so much for this tutorial.
Next for my question, for all I know updating the emunand let's me play and install latest .cia games (correct me if I'm wrong). What are the uses of updating my emunand? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed