Homebrew [Tutorial] How to install 2.5 on themehax manually.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
on the black default theme

The white default theme.

Yeah but as I said I never had it installed before so how do I get it running when I'm on 10.1.0.27E?

If you're talking about how to start it, power on then immediately hold L until static shows on the top screen. If you mean installing it, you'll need a second hax like Browserhax, Ninjhax or Ironhax (Which will only be useful if you actually have the september version) to install it.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Nope, I never used the default white theme.

First I had the default black theme, then I installed a custom theme I had made, and now after installing homemenuhax I am back to the default white theme.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
The white default theme.

If you're talking about how to start it, power on then immediately hold L until static shows on the top screen. If you mean installing it, you'll need a second hax like Browserhax, Ninjhax or Ironhax (Which will only be useful if you actually have the september version) to install it.
No no no... Okay so I've never ever installed themehax in any way on my _NEW 3DS_ but you write something about "if you had it installed already just rename the file", there is no file I could rename or replace tho.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No no no... Okay so I've never ever installed themehax in any way on my _NEW 3DS_ but you write something about "if you had it installed already just rename the file", there is no file I could rename or replace tho.

Okay then. You need a second hax and the offline installer to install it. If you don't know how to install any of the hacks I mentioned you should search for installation threads that show you how to. Alternatively use smea's 3ds site which should also give you instructions.

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Hi! First i want to say thank you! it as extremely easy buit helpful, i thought i was never gonna have this new version and stuff.

And i have some questions please answer me why my sd had a folver like this one? I didnt even changed anything like the name or something and when i copied the "POST5_U_20480_usa_9221.bin" it said it already existes if i wanted to name it "POST5_U_20480_usa_9221(2).bin"

m04zi4r.jpg

Also, how or where can i see my homebrew version? like, a litte 2.1 or something in the bottom screen or something.

This is how my screens looks :) Thank you!
Phg6xM3.png
whMsIqB.png

Sorry for the huge post.

Last edited by Critichart,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Okay then. You need a second hax and the offline installer to install it. If you don't know how to install any of the hacks I mentioned you should search for installation threads that show you how to. Alternatively use smea's 3ds site which should also give you instructions.
Nah, figured it out already. Well, I've installed themehax with your provided offline installer now (via Ironhax) and then, once done, took the SD Card out, downloaded the ropbin 10.1.0.27E, renamed it to the file that got newly created there and put it back in.
However when I now hold down L while starting up it'll show a weird, messed up screen and stops at a yellow screen on the bottom and does nothing anymore. When I now close my New 3DS both screens go black and when I open it back up the top screen comes back on and shows the messed up weird screen, however the bottom one remains black. The homebrew menu however never boots up.

EpicLPer

Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Nah, figured it out already. Well, I've installed themehax with your provided offline installer now (via Ironhax) and then, once done, took the SD Card out, downloaded the ropbin 10.1.0.27E, renamed it to the file that got newly created there and put it back in.
However when I now hold down L while starting up it'll show a weird, messed up screen and stops at a yellow screen on the bottom and does nothing anymore. When I now close my New 3DS both screens go black and when I open it back up the top screen comes back on and shows the messed up weird screen, however the bottom one remains black. The homebrew menu however never boots up.
Nevermind, for some reason booting it up twice now fixed this... Weird.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi! First i want to say thank you! it as extremely easy buit helpful, i thought i was never gonna have this new version and stuff.

And i have some questions please answer me why my sd had a folver like this one? I didnt even changed anything like the name or something and when i copied the "POST5_U_20480_usa_9221.bin" it said it already existes if i wanted to name it "POST5_U_20480_usa_9221(2).bin"

m04zi4r.jpg

Also, how or where can i see my homebrew version? like, a litte 2.1 or something in the bottom screen or something.

This is how my bottom screen looks :) Thank you!
5AtOYSo.png

Chances are you've already got 2.5 since you took that picture. :P

If you can close your 3DS and open it without it freezing, and access the eShop, that means it's working.

Reactions: Critichart

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Chances are you've already got 2.5 since you took that picture. :P

If you can close your 3DS and open it without it freezing, and access the eShop, that means it's working.

Oh sorry i was confused :P but yeah, it works perfectly, thank you again!! :D and i still can't believe how naturaly the eShop works thanks to this lol!!

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
D

Deleted-236924

I am using the themehax release from here with my n3DS 9.9.0-26E.

Downloading:
Overwriting:
  • I overwrited the boot.3dsx from the archive to sd.
  • I overwrited the menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin from pc to sd.
Launching:
  • I booted the console holding L to start themehax.
  • It results that topscreen was glitchy, and botscreen was white.

What did I do wrong?

Edit: I made a backup, and if I transfer the old boot.3dsx and the old menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin using the microSD manager, it works again.

ThemeHax does that, doesn't boot successfully every time.
Does it still hang on white screen over and over every time you try again?

My old payload is "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin"...

You mean when you were on 2.1 your payload was literally named "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card, and it worked fine that way?

intensje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
at my n3ds 9.9.0.26e i got a freeze when my screen is on the static, booting up themehax.

will a clean install of all hax work?

greetings

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It always stucks on the white screen. (tried ~10 times)

You mean when you were on 2.1 your payload was literally named "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" at the root of your SD card, and it worked fine that way?
2.1 works fine. I am using it again since I can't be on 2.5.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France

With this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-3ds-...and-on-top-screen-frozen.400828/#post-5758482
I figured out that my themehax boot works only when using the shutdown/suspend dialog.

wezck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It works if you turn on the n3ds and then press the L button?, cause I can't access in this form :(

Jocaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-3ds-...and-on-top-screen-frozen.400828/#post-5758482
I figured out that my themehax boot works only when using the shutdown/suspend dialog.

It works that way! I got stuck either with a white or yellow screen, I think it only booted succesfully once to hbl pressing L while booting.

I'm using an o3ds with 9.4.0.21-U

It works perfect with a 2ds with 9.9.0.27-E although...

It works if you turn on the n3ds and then press the L button?, cause I can't access in this form :(

Try to boot to your homescreen, then press once the power button, then Home to return to your homescreen and hold L while it is loading

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte