Homebrew [Tutorial] How to get Ironhax back

drewtheretrogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made my own way. Thanks i guess but i just got it working so that when i hold B and Y Menuhax starts on boot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok wait.. Now im getting hung on a yellow screen... ugggh any way put of this??
Keep trying. It doesn't always work first try.

Jon O'Brien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made my own way. Thanks i guess but i just got it working so that when i hold B and Y Menuhax starts on boot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok wait.. Now im getting hung on a yellow screen... ugggh any way put of this??
Restart your 3ds

Morrissex

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Anyone having the error code # 005-4803 ?

Context: I could install Menuhax successfully after accessing HB through browserhax. Restarting the 3DS while holding L boots me to homebrew. I access the Old eShop app and everything goes okay until trying to download the app. Then that error code appears.

Update: Downloading Ironfall now. I hope it downloaded the 10.0 or 10.1 as I already uninstaled 10.2 before doing that.

Update 02: It downloaded the original version successfully. Now I have 3 entrypoints to HB (although I had to reinstall menuhax as ironhax somehow deleted that entrypoint). Thanks for the great guide!

Last edited by Morrissex,

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I can't seem to download the original IronFall it downloads the reversion 2 one for some reason did Nintendo take it down? I am on 10.3U old if that does help also I do have MenuHax installed. I tried loading through Browserhax, MenuHax, & OOThax and always booted old eShop. I tried a few times last night and a few times today I do download IronFall but it ends up being the unhackable reversion 2 does anyone know how to get the original or you have to be very lucky to download it?

Last edited by TrapperKeeperX,
D

Deleted User

Did you use the eShop app with the I on it? If so, you will have downloaded v1 unless Nintendo have already patched it.
Delete it and try again.

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone having the error code # 005-4803 ?

Context: I could install Menuhax successfully after accessing HB through browserhax. Restarting the 3DS while holding L boots me to homebrew. I access the Old eShop app and everything goes okay until trying to download the app. Then that error code appears.

Update: Downloading Ironfall now. I hope it downloaded the 10.0 or 10.1 as I already uninstaled 10.2 before doing that.

Just do a 'purchase' using the regular eshop (if you did not had this app before), then delete it with Data Management.
Now you can redownload the 1.0 version from the old version's eshop

Reactions: Deleted User

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
@DjoeN added you to the thread access list so feel free to improve the first post
Thanks!

Merged my post with the OP and added screenshots
Feel free to modify anything, i'll leave it by this ;) , Cause once Big N patches this/removes old Ironfall, this threath will be obsolent
So hurry and make sure you get what you need! for those who don't have IronFall yet!!!

seb5049

Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody might have already said this, but when you say you can't go to the HOME Menu from the eShop, it's not a glitch that you can't use the HOME button, because Smea set that button to take a screenshot in Hax 2.5. Instead, hold down L+R+Start+Select to go back to the Homebrew launcher, and exit normally. No need to restart the 3ds.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Somebody might have already said this, but when you say you can't go to the HOME Menu from the eShop, it's not a glitch that you can't use the HOME button, because Smea set that button to take a screenshot in Hax 2.5. Instead, hold down L+R+Start+Select to go back to the Homebrew launcher, and exit normally. No need to restart the 3ds.
I should have mentioned, the button combination "L+R+START+SELECT" also doesn't work in the "eShop old version downloader" to return to the HBL. (Fixed it in the OP tutorial)

seb5049

Trophies
XP
Country
I should have mentioned, the button combination "L+R+START+SELECT" also doesn't work in the "eShop old version downloader" to return to the HBL. (Fixed it in the OP tutorial)
Huh? It does for me.

EDIT: Ooops. Gotta redownload Ironfall again, must have been using the real eShop...

EDIT 2: Actually, it's not L+R+Start+Select, it's L+R+Down+B. Yeah, that works. Doesn't explain why it's downloading the wrong version of Ironfall though...

Last edited by seb5049,

seb5049

Trophies
XP
Country
If I downloaded the patched Ironfall before, if I delete it and then install it from the old eShop downloader, it seems it redownloads the 1.2 update automatically. I can't get it to download 1.0...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
If I downloaded the patched Ironfall before, if I delete it and then install it from the old eShop downloader, it seems it redownloads the 1.2 update automatically. I can't get it to download 1.0...
It seems so, it seems you have to manually delete the update files from your SD after removing IronFall v1.2 if possible?
(Any tips for fixing this are welcome!, like where does it keep the update/ironfall info on SD, Can it be fixed?, is it stored in NAND somewhere?, is it because v1.2 is already linked to your NNID?)

[EDIT]
Remove IronFall Invasion from your SD through memory management, Nintendo 3DS, Software and Additional content.
After removing IronFall v1.2 from your 3DS, go to your SD and check for the following folders, if you see them, remove the folder including files in the folder:

x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\00040000\0015b100\ (EU)
x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004000e\0015b100\ (EU)
x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004008c\0015b100\ (EU)
Also check x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\extdata\00000000\ if there's a 0015b100 folder, if so remove it also!

x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\00040000\0015d800\ (US)
x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004000e\0015b800\ (US)
x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004008c\0015b800\ (US)
Also check x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\extdata\00000000\ if there's a 0015b800 folder, if so remove it also!

Last edited by DjoeN,
D

Deleted-236924

If only he could make it so we can download the ambassador gba games
That'd be interesting but would require actually hacking into Nintendo's servers. You can't spoof that you own the right to the licenses of a game on the eShop because that info is also kept server-side and spoofing that would require actually hacking into their servers to give yourself games for free.

Not only would that be very difficult to achieve but you'd also be found out very quickly and get into a whole heap of legal trouble IRL. :P

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning