[Tutorial] How to get Ironhax back

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MsMidnight, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow Ruthless Pirate

Banned
    Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    The Black Pearl
    Ok! Wait! I got it working! Downloading Ironhax now!

2. drewtheretrogamer

drewtheretrogamer Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2014
    United States
    Keep trying. It doesn't always work first try.

3. Jon O'Brien

Jon O'Brien GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Restart your 3ds

4. Jack_Sparrow

Banned
    Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    The Black Pearl
    Ok so i have the new ironhax instaled. How do i replace it with an exploitable ironhax??

5. Octoling

Octoling Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Same place as [INSERT NAME HERE]
    If only he could make it so we can download the ambassador gba games

Ammako and Jack_Sparrow like this.
  6. Jack_Sparrow

Banned
    Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    The Black Pearl
    Can someone point me in the direction of QuickNES and DrawAttack?

7. Morrissex

Morrissex Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Anyone having the error code # 005-4803 ?

Context: I could install Menuhax successfully after accessing HB through browserhax. Restarting the 3DS while holding L boots me to homebrew. I access the Old eShop app and everything goes okay until trying to download the app. Then that error code appears.

Update: Downloading Ironfall now. I hope it downloaded the 10.0 or 10.1 as I already uninstaled 10.2 before doing that.

Update 02: It downloaded the original version successfully. Now I have 3 entrypoints to HB (although I had to reinstall menuhax as ironhax somehow deleted that entrypoint). Thanks for the great guide!

Last edited by Morrissex, Dec 29, 2015
  8. TrapperKeeperX

TrapperKeeperX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2005
    United States
    For some reason I can't seem to download the original IronFall it downloads the reversion 2 one for some reason did Nintendo take it down? I am on 10.3U old if that does help also I do have MenuHax installed. I tried loading through Browserhax, MenuHax, & OOThax and always booted old eShop. I tried a few times last night and a few times today I do download IronFall but it ends up being the unhackable reversion 2 does anyone know how to get the original or you have to be very lucky to download it?

Last edited by TrapperKeeperX, Dec 29, 2015
  9. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Did you use the eShop app with the I on it? If so, you will have downloaded v1 unless Nintendo have already patched it.
    Delete it and try again.

10. MegaBoyEXE

MegaBoyEXE GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2015
    Brazil
    Just do a 'purchase' using the regular eshop (if you did not had this app before), then delete it with Data Management.
    Now you can redownload the 1.0 version from the old version's eshop

PokeAcer likes this.
  11. TrapperKeeperX

TrapperKeeperX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2005
    United States
    Yes used the Old eShop with the I icon on it that was the only one I used.

12. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    can anyone confirm if the JP version of ironfall would work?

13. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Thanks!

Merged my post with the OP and added screenshots
    Feel free to modify anything, i'll leave it by this ;) , Cause once Big N patches this/removes old Ironfall, this threath will be obsolent
    So hurry and make sure you get what you need! for those who don't have IronFall yet!!!

14. seb5049

seb5049 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2015
    Somebody might have already said this, but when you say you can't go to the HOME Menu from the eShop, it's not a glitch that you can't use the HOME button, because Smea set that button to take a screenshot in Hax 2.5. Instead, hold down L+R+Start+Select to go back to the Homebrew launcher, and exit normally. No need to restart the 3ds.

15. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    I should have mentioned, the button combination "L+R+START+SELECT" also doesn't work in the "eShop old version downloader" to return to the HBL. (Fixed it in the OP tutorial)

16. seb5049

seb5049 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2015
    Huh? It does for me.

EDIT: Ooops. Gotta redownload Ironfall again, must have been using the real eShop...

EDIT 2: Actually, it's not L+R+Start+Select, it's L+R+Down+B. Yeah, that works. Doesn't explain why it's downloading the wrong version of Ironfall though...

Last edited by seb5049, Dec 29, 2015
  17. seb5049

seb5049 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2015
    If I downloaded the patched Ironfall before, if I delete it and then install it from the old eShop downloader, it seems it redownloads the 1.2 update automatically. I can't get it to download 1.0...

18. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    It seems so, it seems you have to manually delete the update files from your SD after removing IronFall v1.2 if possible?
    (Any tips for fixing this are welcome!, like where does it keep the update/ironfall info on SD, Can it be fixed?, is it stored in NAND somewhere?, is it because v1.2 is already linked to your NNID?)

[EDIT]
    Remove IronFall Invasion from your SD through memory management, Nintendo 3DS, Software and Additional content.
    After removing IronFall v1.2 from your 3DS, go to your SD and check for the following folders, if you see them, remove the folder including files in the folder:

x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\00040000\0015b100\ (EU)
    x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004000e\0015b100\ (EU)
    x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004008c\0015b100\ (EU)
    Also check x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\extdata\00000000\ if there's a 0015b100 folder, if so remove it also!

x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\00040000\0015d800\ (US)
    x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004000e\0015b800\ (US)
    x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\title\0004008c\0015b800\ (US)
    Also check x:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxx\xxxxxx\extdata\00000000\ if there's a 0015b800 folder, if so remove it also!

Last edited by DjoeN, Dec 29, 2015
  19. MsMidnight
    OP

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    [Bump]

20. Ammako

Ammako I like cake.

Dec 22, 2009
    Antarctica
    That'd be interesting but would require actually hacking into Nintendo's servers. You can't spoof that you own the right to the licenses of a game on the eShop because that info is also kept server-side and spoofing that would require actually hacking into their servers to give yourself games for free.

Not only would that be very difficult to achieve but you'd also be found out very quickly and get into a whole heap of legal trouble IRL. :P

PokeAcer likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted