Hacking [Tutorial]How to break the game limit on red button Sky3DS cartridges

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i just do like this with the red button sky3ds = (First i burn 10 games with EEPROM : YES into one sd card and play those games in sky3ds card so them be the 10 limit. then i burn 10 other games with noEEPROM on another sd card)

Will thats work?

please respond fast

It will *work*, but you may encounter the "scroll bug" on the 11+ games. This is where the games continuously change without pressing the button.

Emil Långström

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will *work*, but you may encounter the "scroll bug" on the 11+ games. This is where the games continuously change without pressing the button.

Can you just explain what i need to do the first thing when il get my red button card. And how i get to the 10 other games. Im not understand how i get to them

viewsat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all sky3ds need to do to satisfy me is release a method to wipe the original ten. ten at a time is more than enough for me.

LloydNorval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
you mean to fix the scroll bug? i highly doubt it. however its a extremely minor annoyance. if you hold down the button when the game you want shows up for two full seconds before pushing A / play, in almost all cases the game will run fine.
Thank you!!! This method got my Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance working on my 3DS :D it fixed my scroll bug no problem (as a makeshift fix) :D thank you so much

you mean to fix the scroll bug? i highly doubt it. however its a extremely minor annoyance. if you hold down the button when the game you want shows up for two full seconds before pushing A / play, in almost all cases the game will run fine.
however, this didnt fix Smash Bros for me on red button :(

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
however, this didnt fix Smash Bros for me on red button :(

It shouldnt be a issue. Mine is the red button, both play fine on eeprom=yes and no. Do you wait a bit longer for it to load as smash brother need a longer time to load. If you still cannot play, try the old writer and template [11/06/2014] from sky3ds site.

Reactions: LloydNorval

LloydNorval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It shouldnt be a issue. Mine is the red button, both play fine on eeprom=yes and no. Do you wait a bit longer for it to load as smash brother need a longer time to load. If you still cannot play, try the old writer and template [11/06/2014] from sky3ds site.
okay thank you for that :) it says the game card has been removed if i do this but i shall give it another try with the old template and writer :) thanks

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay thank you for that :) it says the game card has been removed if i do this but i shall give it another try with the old template and writer :) thanks

no, just try with the newest template. make eeprom = no.

also, you have to keep holding the button down as you start the game, past the 3ds logo screen. personally, i hold it down untill i get to a games title screen. then its for sure loaded cause, well, i'm at the title screen.

Reactions: LloydNorval

LloydNorval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
no, just try with the newest template. make eeprom = no.

also, you have to keep holding the button down as you start the game, past the 3ds logo screen. personally, i hold it down untill i get to a games title screen. then its for sure loaded cause, well, i'm at the title screen.
good thinking, Batman!! as the saying goes :P thank you so much man, ill try this now once it has been written to the Micro SD :)

Nah it still seems to do this to me :(

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
good thinking, Batman!! as the saying goes :P thank you so much man, ill try this now once it has been written to the Micro SD :)

If you have problem switching game, try my method.

For game you write using diskwriter as eeprom=no. (Assume you want to play Game1) Once "Game0" appear on your homescreen, the blue light will start to blink continuously and it will stop once the "Game1" appear on the homescreen. You will realise the blue light will blink again and immediately before it switch to the next "Game2" game, quickly hold on the red button for 5 second and if successfully the blue light will blink continuously but this time is slow and steady. If everything done correctly, "Game1" will stay on the homescreen with blinking light slow and steady still going on. Highlight the "game1" and press "A" button. and it will load the game.

Remember once you finish the game, to be safe from save corruption. Make sure you make a in game save. Click home button to exit out of the game. Since blinking light still going on, clicking the red button have no effect on switching to the next game. Click Setting button. And exit out using "x" button and back to homescreen. The Blinking light will stop for a while and again it will repeat the blinking fast to switch to the next game. The cycling switching process is only for eeprom=no game.

Also from what I remember, there is a update 1.04 for smash bros you need to update from nintendo eshop. Maybe that will help. But be careful, this will update your firmware of the 3ds to the latest. Do not try this if you do not want to update your 3DS firmware.

LloydNorval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
also my speakers make a faint crackle and the 3D cuts out. maybe this rom is too risky?

so sorry to be a pain guys and i appreciate all your help thank you. just this rom doesnt seem to like me ^_^"

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it be awesome if the sky3ds is region free
While that may be true, it can't be if it is simply going to emulate an official game cart since 3DS systems are region locked.

Still, I imagine the Sky3DS team is probably working on something, if only to stay competitive. I just wouldn't expect anything in the near future.

Emil Långström

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can somebody tell me if som of these games have compability issuse: donkey Kong country returns 3d
Kid icarus uprising
Super smash bros

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk