Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do i need to do something on my 3ds to enable ctrclient to connect?

I have been trying this for 2 days now... Ive got the CFW installed and working (sort of, it seems to crash if i start the browser or eshop) but i cannot get ctr client to connect and install the dev menu... And the whole point is to be able to install cias, which i cant without the dev menu, so having the cfw is pointless for me unless i can getthis working.

I have the correct ip address and the 3ds is turned on and connected to the same network, it just wont connect....

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a website that has a lot of 3ds isos! They have all the CIAs you could ever use too!

thanks xD if anyone is in interest, i found this useful homebrew, idk if i can link it, it's called ftpony, it allow you to transfer via ftp the file from your pc to your sd

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
thanks xD if anyone is in interest, i found this useful homebrew, idk if i can link it, it's called ftpony, it allow you to transfer via ftp the file from your pc to your sd

FTPony is homebrew, you are allowed to link to it as long as its not a warez site.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do i need to do something on my 3ds to enable ctrclient to connect?

I have been trying this for 2 days now... Ive got the CFW installed and working (sort of, it seems to crash if i start the browser or eshop) but i cannot get ctr client to connect and install the dev menu... And the whole point is to be able to install cias, which i cant without the dev menu, so having the cfw is pointless for me unless i can getthis working.

I have the correct ip address and the 3ds is turned on and connected to the same network, it just wont connect....

Suck it up buttercup...it took me close to 3 weeks....ask my wife..:/

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.2 sysnand here. Ninjhax and such, it's pretty basic compared to 4.x's potential but I'm perfectly fine with this. However being locked out of the eshop kinda blows. I'd like to set up emunand 9.4, but I'm afraid of losing precious savedata (6.0+). I've already made a backup of my current NAND with GW 3.0.3's launcher.dat

My question is after downgrading my sysnand to 4.x in order to use emunand 9.4, will loading my 9.2 NAND backup back to sysnand (By which I mean 9.2 to 4.x, to get emunand 9.4, and then restoring my sysnand back to 9.2 again) make it possible to access 6.0+ saves again? The end result being 9.2 sysnand and 9.4 emunand. Essentially skipping the second part of this tutorial, which has to do with the 4.5 CFW, as I'm mostly concerned about the savedata loss more-so than using these 4.x exclusive brews at the moment.

I think someone in the thread asked about getting 9.4 emunand with their 9.2 sysnand without downgrading or something of that sort, mostly with replies saying that wasn't possible and that he had to downgrade.

Basically I just want emunand as my downloader (For buying/redeeming eshop titles) and for my savedata to still be accessible. Possible?

forbidden403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've downgrade from 5.1 to 4.2 and install 4.5cfw but it asks me to upgrade fw so that I've uninstall cfw and try to install emunand9.4.
I'm sure that there is MT before version number but after upgrading it's not emuNAND 9.4. I've got 9.4 sysNAND.
It's suck!! Waiting for your update.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suck it up buttercup...it took me close to 3 weeks....ask my wife..:/

So did u have exactly the same problem??? Ctrclient wouldn't connect???

If so what solved it for you? I will carry on trying if there's some hope that it will eventually work.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ended up formatting the sysnand to remove the update nag I was getting as soon as I was booting into the cfw. worked after that first try. but who knows, might have been a fluke
Remove your sd card before you try it

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ended up formatting the sysnand to remove the update nag I was getting as soon as I was booting into the cfw. worked after that first try. but who knows, might have been a fluke
Remove your sd card before you try it

Ok I have the nag so I'll try that, then we will know if it was a fluke or not

Reactions: jarmster

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
As I understand, with this method you can only go in eshop, correct? Not like you would be able to run latest games on CFW from CIA.

nnkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having problems with ctrclient also. Anyone have any info about getting bigbluebox into sky3ds template file? It could be an alternative for a few people. I have searched around and am not having much luck getting info on the format and the 3ds file seems to be a bit different than retail.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to follow this tutorial, but then I realized I don't have any SD cards big enough to hold much (my spare is 2 GB, and the bigger ones are being used as my 3DS' main and my Wii's card), and I didn't want to risk losing my legitimately-purchased games for homebrew that's at an early stage of development.

Liloolil

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have read a lot of posts here, and if I understand this correctly:
If I have a retail card of Pokemon oras/xy, saved with sysNAND 9.x, I can't continue with emuNAND 9.4. That's because emuNAND 9.4 still uses the old save encryption. But this will work with a Gateway running emuNAND 9.4 in Classic mode.

So my question is: Would it be possible to run emuNAND 9.4 in Classic Mode without Gateway in the future?
I also apologies if this has been answered before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol