Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
hello
good, now we can put our artwork in channel or dvd
look this totu and if you know how translat in englich or french, please do that here

QUOTE said:
Atencion este proceso no lo he probado, pero creo que funcionará que algun betatester lo haga.
yo no paro de programar.

Bueno esto es un tutorial temporal hasta que broly7 saque el suyo debido a la cantidad de gente que me ha enviado privados pidiendolo me he decidido hacerlo.

Aqui explico como modificar un banner y como grabarlo en DVD para probarlo.

1º Conseguir el banner a modificar (opening.brn en un DVD o xxx.ooo.des si lo extraemos de un wad con el wadtools de pifia)

mi objetivo va a ser cambiar el fondo del rin de este:

a este llopis:

2º-estraemos el contenido del banner con el u8extr (no pongo imagen porque es muuy sencillo)

3º-Coprobamos que el banner no este comprimido con lz77, para ello abrimos el banner.bin con un editor hexadecimal y miramos lo que os he señalado, si pone U8 podeis seguir, en caso de que ponga lz77 debereis descomprimir con lz77ex que rula por hay.

4º-Volvemos a descomprimir el banner.bin con el u8extr y nos aparecen tres carpetas.

5º-Abrimos el tplconv y leemos el tpl en cuestion(en mi caso esta en la carpeta timg, y el archivo se llama menuscreen1.tpl)

upps se me olvido pedir permiso a Paradox, ademas vemos una paqueña chapuzita de paradox el tamaño no es multiplo de 4.

6º- adaptamos la imagen a nuestras necesidades, en mi caso 592x332 (las dimensiones originales de paradox es de 590x332 pero para corregir ese error le he sumado 2, eso se calcula 590 + (590 mod 4) si no me equivoco)

7º-abrimos el tplconv cargamos nuextra imagen y la guardamos sobreescribiendo el archivo tpl original.

8º- Ahora comienza el lio , abrimos el u8pack y cargamos el banner.bin.

9º- señalamos el archivo a sustituir en el banner.bin, damos a añadir archivo y nos preguntara si queremos sobreescribir, le damos que si y en tipo de u8 señalamos u8 firmado con MD5 y lo guardamos sobreescribiendo el banner original.

10º- ahora en el u8packer abrimos el xxx.000.des o el opening.bnr y seleccionamos el banner.bin, en tipo de archivo ponemos u8 con banner info + firma MD5, si vamos a quemarlo en un dvd el banner id y el creador de estar vacios , de esto no estoy seguro, damos a abrir archivo y seleccionamos el banner.bin que acabamos de modificar y lo guardamos con el nombre que queramos.

ya tenemos el banner cambiado , ahora abrimos el trucha cambiamos el opening.bnr por este que acabamos de hacer y lo quemamos.

no he podido probarlo por que el archivo pesa 499 kb y el trucha no me deja añadir archivo mas grande que lo originales, si alguien sabe hacer esto, que me lo diga sino tendre que crear un soft para crear nuestras propias imagenes de wii, cuanto trabajo.

para el icono el proceso es el mismo. pero con el icon.bin claro

source: ElOtroLado

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing as the risk to brick Wii's is moderate to high - I'd rather have someone fluent in spanish and english to translate this, as the following frankly doesn't make sense.

QUOTE said:
Translated by Google Translation
We try that banner not this tablet with lz77, for it we abrimos banner.bin with a hexadecimal publisher and watched what I have indicated to you, if podeis puts U8 to follow, in case debereis puts lz77 to decompress with lz77ex that rula by has.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K i will translate and yes im fluent in spanish

Attention I have not tried this process, but i believe that it will work, someone betatest this to make sure it works.
I do not stop programming

Well this is a temporary tutorial until Brol7 submits his, this was created due to many poeple PMing me to create one.

Here i explain how to modify a banner and burn it onto a dvd to test it.

1st Get a banner to modify ( opening.brn in a dvd or xxx.ooo.des if u extract it out of a wad with wadtools)

my objective is to change the font of the banner of this one

with this one:

2nd extract the content of the banner with u8extr ( i don't put image because it is sooo eeeeasy)

3rd Check if the banner isn't compressed with lz77, to do that open the banner.bin with a hex editor and look at the selected part, if it says U.8 keep going if it says lz77 you must decompress it with lz77ex

4th Extract banner.bin with u8extr and there are 3 folders

5th open tplconv and read the tpl ( in my case it is the folder timgm abd tge archive is called menuscreen1.tpl

ooops i forgot to ask permission from paradox,

6th we adapt the image to our own needs, in my case 592x332( the original dimensions of paradox are 590x332 but to fix the error i added 2, that is to calculate 590+(590 mod 4) if im not mistaken)

7th open tplconv we load our image and save it by overwriting the old original file

8th open u8pack and load banner.bin

9th we mark the archive to substitute banner.bin, and you press add archive and it asks if we want to overwrite, press yes and in the lower menu you select u8 with MD5 and we save it and it overwrites the original banner.

10th now in the u8packer we open xxx.000.des or opening.bnr and select the banner.bin, in the type of archive we select u8 with banner info+ MD5 , if we want to burn it onto a dvd and we save it to watever name we want.

now we have a modified banner, and now you use trucha signer to change the opening.bnr with your new edited one

Remember we cannot put in a file bigger than the original file that was 499kb. If there is a way to add larger files someone tell me, if not i will begin to create a program to create our own images on the wii, so much work

for the icon it is the same process except with icon.bin of course.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of translation
every enter or space between paragraphs is the same as the original... some words were edited out due to irrelevant or just i reworded it cuz it sounded kinda funny

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Bobitos hey thankx helpis being bilingual you know but yeah i wouldn't want to test this out because he said even he hasnt tested it, makes me kind of unsure

OFF TOPIC: LOL Bobitos in spanish sorta means lil dummies...

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
It does seem a lot of work...

But thank you for translating this
smile.gif

Much appreciated.

*off to find some tools*

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
does anyone know where to find lz77ex, because when i tried using gbalzss.exe instead, it extracted but then i tried to extract the file with u8extr.exe and it came up with an error

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mercluke said:
does anyone know where to find lz77ex, because when i tried using gbalzss.exe instead, it extracted but then i tried to extract the file with u8extr.exe and it came up with an error

same here but you can edit the file in a haxeditor and then it can extract. the only problem i have is when i recomile the wad file and i want to install it i get an error (i believe 1022 dunno for sure)
wacko.gif

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
i'm sorry, but i'm a noob at the whole hex editing thing, can someone explain what 0x20 means?

... on the left of your hex editor...
Address 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f

0x20 would refer to the hex code in line 00000020 and column 0
0x2b would refer to the hex code in line 00000020 and column B

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sonic Angel Knight, https://youtu.be/UEZZk3sVl4s?si=vZsZ3rMvZSZK3Xuv