WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PX21s arrived today. Yay!
yay.gif
Very happy. I've run into a problem however.

I play my PS3 through HDMI on an Asus monitor (NOT a tv.) This is the included diagram in the manual for HDMI setups:

500x_ear22.jpg

I've skipped step 2, as I only need the sound through my headset.

I've also had to ditch the PX21 audio cable (the one with a 3.5 at one end and two piggyback white/reds on the other) because my monitor has no red/white, only a 3.5.

So I moved my PS3 reeeally close to my monitor, hooked up the USB to the PS3 and the 3.5 to my monitor. I've changed the audio options in my PS3 to "Audio Input Connector / Scart / AV multi", but I can't get the sound to come through the headphones. I got the mic working just fine. Any help?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems like a screen problem
you shouldnt need to change any options in the ps3 since your are outputting to hdmi then taking the sound from the screen

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange. I can't find any settings on the screen to change audio outputs.

It's an ASUS V242h, if that helps.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Maybe I misunderstood, but are you saying you just used the USB cable, but have not plugged in any other cables to the headset? Because that diagram says usb is just used for power, regardless of the fact that your monitor has no audio inputs you should use the PX21 audio cable because its the only thing that delivers the audio to the headphones, then select AV as the audio source.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! It worked! Thanks everybody. I had no idea that I should be still using the PS3 A/V cables. Thanks again guys!

Can't wait to try these babies out on CoD4

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unbelievable sound. I'm moving from a crappy monitor's speakers to this, so pretty much anything will sound fantastic at this point.

Chat boost is a nice touch. Comfy earphones, too. Easy setup if you're not a total tool like me.

Also, if you want to ever go surround sound with these, you can always upgrade with the Ear Force DSS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs