Homebrew Turning off the power light?

batsinspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I think this is the right place to ask this??) Is there a way to change the brightness of the power light through some homebrew or other? On an o2ds if that makes a difference. I tend to play in the dark a lot and that blue light is SO glaring and hurts my eyes in comparison to how bright the actual device screens are when using the lowest brightness setting.

Last edited by batsinspace,
Reactions: IncredulousP

hakd88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know you can turn off the power light, but you can't easily change the brightness unless you are below a certain firmware version and you run homebrew.

To turn off the power light, press L + Down + Select, select Toggle LEDs, and press A. Read the warning, and press B 3 times.

There is also a blue light filter on the latest Luma3DS version (v10.0.1), press L + Down + Select, select Screen filters, choose an option, and push B twice. This only lasts until the lid is closed or the console is powered off.

Last edited by hakd88,

batsinspace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I'll use the option in Luma to turn off the LEDs. That redshift option is also great, unfortunately not super helpful for me because I'm hardly playing anything that's not on virtual console at the moment, but maybe when I get around to my actual 3DS games I'll keep it in mind LOL.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redshift should work in any VC aside from GBA injects or NDS redirects? Seeing as they are still 3DS applications that just happen to emulate older systems.

And you can turn up dark filter on GBA injects, and use sono's ds/i scaling patcher to pick a darkened option if needed.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I think this is the right place to ask this??) Is there a way to change the brightness of the power light through some homebrew or other? On an o2ds if that makes a difference. I tend to play in the dark a lot and that blue light is SO glaring and hurts my eyes in comparison to how bright the actual device screens are when using the lowest brightness setting.
I too have this problem with a lot of electronics these days. All you have to do is get some black electrical tape, cut a little piece off and stick that sucker onto the light. Ahhhh eyes can relax :lol:

Elwyndas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst is the red flashing LED when the battery is low.
It would be nice to have that nuisance be hacked away in Luma.
The bright LED light issue gets worse the older you get. My mom is 74 and she hates the blue light on her e-bike controls at night. I checked it and it's really bad indeed. You can barely see the illuminated road because your eyes are blinded by the blue LED. So I applied my tape solution. Never leave the house without tape.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.