Tuna-ViDS 1.1

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Sephi, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Sephi
    OP

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    chishm has released a new build of Tuna-ViDS, with help from Robin Watts (building on work from Sophie Wilson & Paul Gardiner), Costas, and ecurtz (building on work from Thoduv).

[​IMG]Download
    [​IMG]Source (Instructions for running and converting videos on page)

2. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    i like tuna.

3. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    SHOCK ! I thought he abadoned it .

Good to see it's still being developed... [​IMG]

If it just would be stable now, and easier accesible. (I wished he would also release a Moonshell Plugin.

4. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Too lazy to look at source I'm guessing this is an mp3 player from the OP's list of features.

5. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    It's a xvid-player for the DS...

6. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    i'm curious at 12fps how is this for playing back xvids on the ds? are they enjoyable, does it maintain quality, etc?

cheers
    -another world

7. Lyuse

Lyuse Newbie

"Tuna-viDS plays AVI files that contain Xvid encoded video and MP3 encoded audio."

8. Whiternoise

Whiternoise GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2006
    Assuming it's about the same video quality as moonshell, then 12fps is going to be a bit of a drawback - nay a big drawback. If you imagine that you process images at about 24-27fps, and most games become unplayable below about 15, then 12 isn't quite there.

However, you could just skip every other frame -whilst playing the mp3 at normal speed - which would probably work quite well for cartoons?

9. sirdashadow

sirdashadow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Well I encoded an episode of Heroes but to keep the widescreen aspect ratio I cut it down to 256 x 144. Since I was throwing away resolution, I thought "maybe I can increase the FPS". I encoded it at 15fps and viola! this new version played it perfectly without falling behind! I'm impressed...

10. Jdbye

Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Suspended
    May 10, 2006
    Norway
    Norway
    That is pretty impressing, considering how underpowered the DS is. The screens are still a bit small for videos though, subbed videos might even be unreadable depending on the font.