Hacking TTi on 3ds Help

Sollux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I need someone to help me because I saw a tutorial on how to upgrade the firmware so that it's compatible with the 3ds but the problem is mine is a different firmware from whats in the tutorial so it doesn't work.

for one the cartridge is supposed to be alex storm riders or something but mine is the atlantis squarepantis game, and I have a tti check v5.0 [Where the problem arises because I don't remember where this came from.] that works but any of the ones off their website does not.

Should also mention the game is recognized on my 3ds [4.2] but once i try to launch it it just tells me to restart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also sorry for the no posts, usually just a forum lurker...

Shining One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any advice at all?
From what you've posted it sounds like they've sent you an NDS Flashcard that's only compatible with the the NDS(i) instead of sending you an NDS cartridge that's compatible with the 3DS. Basically, Nintendo started hammering down on NDS cartridges one of the updates and they don't work anymore. You could try buying an NDS cartridge that works on 3DS. I'm not the best at this so I could be wrong.

Also Sollux, you do not under any circumstances eat the mind honey.

Sollux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what you've posted it sounds like they've sent you an NDS Flashcard that's only compatible with the the NDS(i) instead of sending you an NDS cartridge that's compatible with the 3DS. Basically, Nintendo started hammering down on NDS cartridges one of the updates and they don't work anymore. You could try buying an NDS cartridge that works on 3DS. I'm not the best at this so I could be wrong.

Also Sollux, you do not under any circumstances eat the mind honey.

Ayooo!

Thanks but the thing is this IS just an ndsi flashcart but it has upgradeable firmware thing, I googled around and you CAN upgrade the firmware to support the 3ds since i've already seen it done.

My problem to be entirely exact is that I ran a firmware upgrade that is incompatible with the 3ds upgrade, and I don't even know where the update came from to begin with since its been years since I used this flashcart.
I'm asking if someone can help me figure out how to update the firmware to the 3ds one, again just google it its on r4wood i think, and a tutorial is on youtube...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ayooo!

Thanks but the thing is this IS just an ndsi flashcart but it has upgradeable firmware thing, I googled around and you CAN upgrade the firmware to support the 3ds since i've already seen it done.

My problem to be entirely exact is that I ran a firmware upgrade that is incompatible with the 3ds upgrade, and I don't even know where the update came from to begin with since its been years since I used this flashcart.
I'm asking if someone can help me figure out how to update the firmware to the 3ds one, again just google it its on r4wood i think, and a tutorial is on youtube...
Only a small amount of NDS flashcarts work on current 3DS firmware, the rest were all patched in waves a long time ago.
DSTTi is not one of those cards, as far as I know. It hasn't received an update to make it compatible with the latest firmware.

Sollux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only a small amount of NDS flashcarts work on current 3DS firmware, the rest were all patched in waves a long time ago.
DSTTi is not one of those cards, as far as I know. It hasn't received an update to make it compatible with the latest firmware.

I mentioned in op i'm currently on 4.5 and I just need it to get emunand working...

Can yalls please stop trying to convince me that its not possible and like just help me with the firmware upgrade? TTi has upgradeable firmware, I found the files to upgrade it, it doesn't work because i already previously installed a different firmware a long time ago that I don't even know where I got it from. All I remember is it was so that I could get it working on the dsi 1.4.5 version.

Seriously just a google search and you'll see that it's possible, my dilemma is that it doesn't want to run the upgrade on the card, it says its already upgraded but it isn't...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I mentioned in op i'm currently on 4.5 and I just need it to get emunand working...

Can yalls please stop trying to convince me that its not possible and like just help me with the firmware upgrade? TTi has upgradeable firmware, I found the files to upgrade it, it doesn't work because i already previously installed a different firmware a long time ago that I don't even know where I got it from. All I remember is it was so that I could get it working on the dsi 1.4.5 version.

Seriously just a google search and you'll see that it's possible, my dilemma is that it doesn't want to run the upgrade on the card, it says its already upgraded but it isn't...

I think you just answered your own question.

You are telling us you that you can't get it working. We are agreeing with you.
If you are so sure that it can work, why can't you get it to work? Because it does not work? That might just be it.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I need someone to help me because I saw a tutorial on how to upgrade the firmware so that it's compatible with the 3ds but the problem is mine is a different firmware from whats in the tutorial so it doesn't work.

for one the cartridge is supposed to be alex storm riders or something but mine is the atlantis squarepantis game, and I have a tti check v5.0 [Where the problem arises because I don't remember where this came from.] that works but any of the ones off their website does not.

Should also mention the game is recognized on my 3ds [4.2] but once i try to launch it it just tells me to restart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also sorry for the no posts, usually just a forum lurker...

Maybe you need to look harder for an update for your flashcart. If you can't find it at filetrip then look at the link below, maybe you find it.

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Oh, I just noticed you said you were on 4.5 and your first post says 4.2 (which is it) , so I doubt your cart will work, just about all dsi flashcarts were broken by the time 4.5 was released, with the exception of the SCDStwo and I think a few r4i clones.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Most flashcarts were blocked in 4.4 or earlier, if it even worked on 3DS originally. There's no claim of 3DS support anywhere on their website or on the packaging.

Sollux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
None of you are really understanding my situation at all...

If you just want to install the NDS exploit you no longer need a DS flashcart, follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-cfw-on-4-5-without-ds-flashcart-gateway.380878/

Thanks, I don't really think I need emunand so i'll use that guide whenever I have time again.

Maybe you need to look harder for an update for your flashcart. If you can't find it at filetrip then look at the link below, maybe you find it.

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Oh, I just noticed you said you were on 4.5 and your first post says 4.2 (which is it) , so I doubt your cart will work, just about all dsi flashcarts were broken by the time 4.5 was released, with the exception of the SCDStwo and I think a few r4i clones.
>Kernel
Talking about the firmware on my flashcart here yo...

To everyone else, you really aren't understanding my situation at all or even remotely trying to understand.

My problem is that I can't run the firmware upgrade on my ttdsi, because I used a different upgrade a long time ago that I can't even remember where I got it from. The upgrade is here: http://www.r4wood.com/pages/tti-dstt-kernel.html
If I try to run it on my flashcart it just says it's already updated to it even though it is not. Because a long time ago I ran a different firmware upgrade so I guess that's causing an issue.

My question is if anyone can tell me how to get it to work? A clear difference is what my flashcart currently says it is which is the spongebob thing instead of what's on that page which is alex rider something.

I have a ds phat and a 3ds so I can test and shit myself but I am honestly confused as to what's wrong with my fashcart and why can't I run the upgrade... Yeh. That's my question.

p sure it's not relevant but i'm 4.2 atm regardless.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
None of you are really understanding my situation at all...

To everyone else, you really aren't understanding my situation at all or even remotely trying to understand.

My problem is that I can't run the firmware upgrade on my ttdsi, because I used a different upgrade a long time ago that I can't even remember where I got it from. The upgrade is here: http://www.r4wood.com/pages/tti-dstt-kernel.html
If I try to run it on my flashcart it just says it's already updated to it even though it is not. Because a long time ago I ran a different firmware upgrade so I guess that's causing an issue.

My question is if anyone can tell me how to get it to work? A clear difference is what my flashcart currently says it is which is the spongebob thing instead of what's on that page which is alex rider something.

I have a ds phat and a 3ds so I can test and shit myself but I am honestly confused as to what's wrong with my fashcart and why can't I run the upgrade... Yeh. That's my question.

p sure it's not relevant but i'm 4.2 atm regardless.

Where on that page is there an update that allows DSTTi to be run on 3DS 4.2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol