TTDS will it work with a DS fat?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ciper, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ciper
    OP

ciper GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    I've been using a TTDS with an NDS lite for quite a while. A friend of mine has a daughter with a DS fat and I thought a TTDS would be a good birthday gift. I can't see why the TTDS wouldn't work but most if not all sites specifically say DS Lite is the only supported platform. Any idea why this is?

2. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    TTDS should from what I know work with both DS Phat and DS Lite, I fail to see why it would work on DS Lite and not on DS Phat.

3. chiseen

chiseen Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2006
    United States
    A slot-1 flash cart that ONLY works for the NDS Lite has never existed. I guess you can blame faulty chinese translations for making it look like the DSTT only works for the DS Lite.

4. KendoKhan

KendoKhan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Los Angeles
    just be careful theres a bad batch out there that dont get read by the ds.
    i just bought one from DX and had to send it back cause it wasnt working and other people on the site were having problems with theres as well. My Edge i got from them works fine though [​IMG]

5. seedvt

seedvt GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    If you get the DSTT that comes with the rebadged Ewin 2-in-1 expansion, the expansion pack won't fit in a Phat.

6. xJonny

xJonny ...

Aug 16, 2007
    The only DS Lite only DSTT products are the DSTT slot-2 expansion packs, which physically don't fit.

7. ciper
    OP

ciper GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    Allright it must be the slot-2 cards that caused the confusion. Some of the DSTT packages include the Ewin slot-2 combo device and thats most likely why it said NDS lite only. I guess they didn't update the description for the barebones kit.

Thanks

8. Blfdgfdghd

Blfdgfdghd Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2008
    Canada
    but on the TTDS Box it said DSTT for NDS NDSL so meaning it should work for NDS Phat *edit* there type of DSTT with out the GBA expansion packs (mine)

9. ENDscape

ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Dec 14, 2007
    ``orz
    All slot 1 flashcart works with both NDS and NDSL

10. IOwnAndPwnU

IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2008
    Canada
    That's true.

All Slot-1 will work with all DS.