1. darkspirit456

darkspirit456 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok just give me a video if it possible, and I will not support it anymore and it will go to private use with people that I contact with only. Is because of your friend, read his reply to me on the first page.

Edit: I might change mind if something good come up...

2. PyRoManiAcV3

PyRoManiAcV3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Lol, Don't worry about what he said.

That shouldn't stop you from helping out.

3. Hatchetball

OP Hatchetball RepititionRedundancyRepitition

United States
    Yes, your patch did work. That's the point of this thread... to pretty much praise that your patch worked for TTDS with the method/guide we provided for the people who don't know crap about making ROMs work lol I've never once said we made any of these patches or programs. I made a simple guide of how to fix the error-=4 that you're speaking of.
    I understand you can encrypt and all that, I had to do all that to get whomevers (guessing yours?) version 2 patch to work.
    This guide is simply here for the people that are having issues with getting it to work.
    We provided a perfectly working method to get black and white working on TTDS with you patch, and whomever else's patches/programs.
    Not once did we take credit for making any of them, nor did we mean to offend the people who worked so hard to make said patches/programs.

In our method, as explained like 4 times now, you simple take the clean rom. Use the DropHere. Take the output file from that (the patched .nds file) and find the Game ID with r4cce. You would then take that game ID and edit the IRAJ/IRBJ of infolib.dat and extinfo.dat to match the Game ID of the patched file. And Yes, infolib.dat and extinfo.dat are just that easy to work with.

This allows TTDS to read the correct Game ID's for the ROM, allowing it to boot and play properly. (I've experienced a few cases of freezing at certain points though...)

We at no time want to take credit for the work of others. All we did was get it working on TTDS and post a guide for people who were having issues.
    All the other "TTDS Fix" threads don't work. We've tried them all so we got tired of all the fail and did it ourselves, with the supplied patches/programs of the community of course. Since I got v2 working (in one try...), and PyRo got v3 to work, we figured it'd be nice to release it so people wouldn't have problems that we were having.

There really is no need to "hide" your upcomming patches. This community is ecstatic to have this game in English. We're not taking your work man, just praising it with a guide for people/fans like us that wanted to play this game via TTDS. It's simply a matter of the patched ROMs Game ID matching TTMenu/YSMenu's files, period.

Quick Note: I nailed how to patch v2 in one shot (day 1). PyRo had v3 patched by the time I woke up because I told him how I got v2 so quick (Day 2). Day 3 was me, taking time away from my wife and son, spending 2 hours to write a guide for this community so that they could enjoy this game on their TTDS. During those days I have never once called any program or patch MINE. I don't appriciate the false accusations when I was mearly helping spread the word of YOUR English patch work. (Yes yours, god forbid no one mentions it's yours ever-single-time they attempt to help the public, if they don't they get accused of things [​IMG]) We would appriciate edit out all of the false flame please [​IMG]

EDIT AGAIN: Just used the same method that we used to get your version 2 to work to get the newest (v1 official) patch to work.
    All I had to do was: Decrypt the clean rom, patch with the newest patch, encrypt, use r4cce to get the ROMs ID, changed the two .dats and the USRCHEAT.dat booted it up. Loving the new PC look, very nice.

4. PyRoManiAcV3

Newcomer

United States
    Here's the video, Dark.

Click here

And here's a screenshot of the ext+info that YOU provided, and the ID of the ROM after being patched.
    Click here

As you can see, it does not match up. ANd for others having this issue, this guide tells them how to go around that problem.

P.S. the quality on the part showing the DS is pretty bad, and very blurry, but you can still see it.

5. Hatchetball

United States
    First post edited with the alternate method of patching a clean rom to the official version 1 by darkspirit, mucho props to him! (The Official v1 release is also the exact same way to patch a clean rom to v2 of his beta, but the patch files for the BETA v2 are not included because they are now outdated by the release of Official 1!)
    (Our method is once again alternate from his and works just fine. I'm playing it on my TTDS right now.
    But I will say, his is WAYYYY faster and easier (PyRo said it is, I don't know because I used my patching method and am sticking with it) This method was looked into by me just to be used as a alternative for those whom cannot get darkspirit's patch to work.)

Dark, can you provide a video of how you got it to work on TTDS with this method? Cause... not only is the info wrong, but your method... doesn't work :wtf:
    I got it working by: Decrypting then patching with xdelta gui with your new patch file, not using the drop boxat all, used eNDrypt to encrypt again, found the ID's for the output rom, changes the info/ext.dats/USRCHEAT.dat ... and it worked.
    Did you even get it to work on TTDS with your method? If it wasn't for your patches we wouldn't have it working, so I'm trying to help lol

6. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 GBAtemp Regular

I followed It And It Worked..Looks Hard and complicated But Its Simple As It Is..Just Like Counting 1,2,3..
    1st Decrypt the rom
    2nd Patch The Rom using xdelta gui
    3rd Encrypt The rom
    4th Find the Game Id Using R4cce Then Copy The 8 Digit Leave ALone The IRAJ
    5th Copy Your infolib and extinfo from your TTmenu Folder Then Paste It On the Folder With ttdt.exe
    6th Open The infolib using ttdt.exe
    7th Find The IRAJ Then Change 8 Digit With The one that you Get From R4cce Leave Alone IRAJ then Click The Disket Icon On the Top Then CLose
    8th Open The extinfo using ttdt.exe
    9th Find The IRAJ Then Change 8 Digit With The one that you Get From R4cce Leave Alone IRAJ then Click The Disket Icon On the Top Then CLose
    10th Copy The extinfo and infolib on your TTmenu Folder Overwrite the older one
    11th Then The Patched Rom On your Sd
    12th The Play..=D

7. Hatchetball

United States
    Thank you rockerzz182 for trying this. We know it works and are glad to have someones input after 2 pages LOL

Do it once or twice and it gets to be super quick. I can do it in about 1 minute or less, but with transfer speeds it takes 2 or so minute to test it on the TTDS lol

8. Hatchetball

United States
    My wifi is working, union room is working, it has only froze maybe 5 times in my 24 hours of gameplay. [​IMG] Loving it.

9. n8equalsd

n8equalsd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This look like a lot to get just two games working. I'm glad my Acekard arrives today.

10. darkspirit456

United States
    @PyRoManiAcV3

I can see that you did your method wrong using my patch. You do NOT need to do anything else but to patch and put it in your SD card and replace ext+info with the one i provided [​IMG] You can test it again with version 3 if you want.

@Hatchbell,

I cannot make a video right now. I'm trying to get Union Room to fix and testing it out and yes I DID get it work on my DSTT

P.S. if you two or anyone have a save file for white that you are at pokemon center with union room unlocked, can you upload it for me to test? Thanks a lot~

Not really, my method is really REALLY easy if you follow my instruction exactly

11. PyRoManiAcV3

Newcomer

United States
    I actually made a video of the wrong thing, Dark. Sorry. I was using V3 files for the V2 method, lol.
    I'm going to re-do it tonight and show you.

With V3, the TTDS fix patch works fine. The only thing I had to do was change the ID's in the ext+info files.

Also, Dark, when in GTS, and I try loading certain pokemon in, like, I was trying to trade one for another, I got an error, it was in japanese, the only thing I got out of it was "13267".

Do you know what error code that is?

12. Hatchetball

United States
    Seems there are multiple ways to get this to work on TTDS then dark. If someone can't get your method to work, maybe ours will fix their issue.
    It works they way you did and the way we did it lol didn't mean to piss you off man, was just letting everyone know there is a alternate way to get this to work on the TTDS. There's prolly more ways to go about it too, I just haven't tried and have no need to cause I got it to work in one try LOL

@n8equalsd - Try it, it's simple and it works. When you're playing Black/White on your TTDS you won't be thinking it's hard. It's so simple lol

I've never used any other these programs until I found darks patch an I got White working in one try by changing the game IDs, it's logic really.
    If the TTDS files know the ID of the rom, then it will work. The guide looks long because I took the time to explain exactly what to do. It's really only like 8 steps lol

13. PyRoManiAcV3

Newcomer

United States
  14. Shira

Shira Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey um....I'm kinda stuck on finding out the 'Game ID'
    It's kinda confusing how you do it.
    My usrcheat.dat doesn't have pkmn Black or white [​IMG]

Edit: darkspirit456, stop raging just because someone had a better one than you did.

15. darkspirit456

United States
    Can you please stop posting and read what I said from the first page?

This is a reason why I'm not helping with black/white version anymore.

And I didn't said anything about which version is better! So keep your mouth close, is none of your business

16. PyRoManiAcV3

Newcomer

United States
    Dark, don't stop helping.

Shira, that was uncalled for, man.

17. Shira

Shira Newbie
    Newcomer

18. darkspirit456

United States
    @Everyone

Pokemon Black Version Union Room is now fixed. I will patch the rom now if I could, I need to run couple of more tests then upload it later or tomorrow

@PyRo,
    Thanks for the save, look like White version is in the safe spot [​IMG] it worked.

19. PyRoManiAcV3

Newcomer

United States
  20. Hatchetball

United States
    How can you be stuck? Use r4cce. Goto Add Game, click the box known as "..." and open the rom with it, it will tell you the ID that you use to copy/paste into the .dat files...
    Read the guide man, it's very detailed and I included a link to a patching pack with everything your need to do this method (EXCEPT THE ROM I WILL NOT SUPPLY THAT) :wtf:

There's no point in insulting Dark. These are his and other peoples files that are used in the guide so don't be insulting him. Sure, this alternative method is good... and well... better than how others explained it... but it wouldn't be possible without him. All I did was make a guide of the method I used to get it to work, you should be kissing these peoples asses :wtf:.

Regardless of things said in this thread, I am still thankful that dark has made and hopefully will continue to make these patches. I will continue to make sure they work for EVERYONE, not just select people.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tutorial, English,