1. samjef11

samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

That good to hear i don't go attacking people if i want help Shira need some respect.

2. darkspirit456

darkspirit456 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Bad new its look like I'm having trouble with English v1 EXP Patched rom =/ cannot boot error-4... Is just so weird... 2 IDs of encrypted and decrypted wont work... I guess is time for me to mess with more hex... back to drawing board... arggggg So Black version patch with union fix won't be posted until tomorrow...

3. PyRoManiAcV3

PyRoManiAcV3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I haven't gotten far enough in my Black to try the union room. But my Black ROM is running perfect, just like my White. With O.V1 on it.

4. Maplemage

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Where and what is the union room? im still confused a bit.

5. Hatchetball

OP Hatchetball RepititionRedundancyRepitition

United States
    @ Dark - Do you have any instant messaging programs? I'm very sure I can help you get that error-=4 gone for good and get this patch working on that TTDS. (I'm guessing you have it working on there already, or have at some point?) All-in-all, I assume it's the clean rom you have. There are many floating around and I've ran into this issue as well. Until I found a ROM that is already encrypted (and clean). That's most peoples problem with the error at the moment, most of the roms I've seen floating around were not encrypted copies, theirfor patching was annoying. BUT what you would do it patch it, then use eNDryptS once to close it up (encrypt) and it should work... but again I don't know what rom you have and all that. If you have msn or something and would PM me it, I know I can get you the fix... I can't post it here lol (or just pm me here, I'll find somewhere to upload it, our file transfer server isn't working for me at the moment)
    I'm guessing it's that clean rom you're using, cause from your previous posts you couldn't get our method working (I guess you tried it? LOL) on TTDS, said something about white screen... well that happens when the rom isn't already encrypted. Since the method is Decrypt, patch, encrypt, find ID, edit .dats with new ID - it won't work for a rom that's already decrypted, BUT, I need a already decrypted clean rom, cause I'm pretty sure all you have to do is patch, encrypt, edit .dats with new IDs with one of those roms. I want to test it though.

@ PyRo - I haven't even started Black, I know I have a v3 copy of it but not the newest one working cause I haven't even tried. After I got White working, I never tried Black cause I only play white at the moment lol I've seen that you can use your White SAV on Black as well, haven't tested it though.

@ tails - Pokecenter, in the back, first lady on your far left side.

6. YamiWheeler

YamiWheeler GBAtemp Regular

Hi there.

Thanks a lot for the guide, it's fantastic. I managed to get version 1 to work.

I have a question about version 3, though. Do you patch the file that you've already patched version 1 on, or do you do it from scratch with a clean ROM?

I've tried both and can't seem to make it work. Followed all the other steps perfectly. It just shows a white screen.

Thanks.

7. darkspirit456

United States
    Go to DSTT section for my post, it will give you link to official version 1 english patch that's already done and tested if you don't want to do it yourself [​IMG] GL

8. YamiWheeler

YamiWheeler GBAtemp Regular

Oops. Seems I made a mistake. I'm sorry. I already had Official Version 1, but I was under the impression that Version 3 was an upgrade of Version 1, but I just found out that when they say "version 3", they mean "beta version 3."

Got there eventually, lol.

Thanks a lot for the help.

And this guide really is fantastic. I followed it and Official Version 1 works great. Thank you!

9. Spenstar

Spenstar "Leave it to me"

United States
    Are you asking how to get Beta v3 to work? Because if you already got Official v1 to work, then I don't see the point of trying to get Beta v3 to work. [​IMG]

10. Hatchetball

United States
    Indeed. v3 is the beta and Official 1 is the most recent update. If by chance you were to use any of the beta patches though, all is done with a clean ROM [​IMG]
    Glad everything worked [​IMG]

If anyone needs anything - file info, help, files, (not roms), or just anything for TTDS really - Post here. You could always send me email/msn/AIM/Yahoo-etc and I will help you asap.

I'd really like to hear more from the community on this cause it works great [​IMG]

11. Hatchetball

United States
    YamiWheeler,

That would be a problem with encrypting/decrypting. Clean ROMs are used

Darkspirit - Are you using YSmenu and TTMenu?

12. darkspirit456

United States
    I'm using unofficial loader YSMenu as a main boot

13. B3astinSnipes

B3astinSnipes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey TC i have a youtube video with all the links,so if u need new links or something tell me and u can post then in first topic just give creid thats all. For the link to them just ask

Posts merged

for the TTDS link i cant post for specfic resons so people need to PM me for that one.

14. Hatchetball

United States
    Odd. I'm using YSMenu 1.17a12 and it works O.o

@Beastin - I'm more than prepared with more links.

@ Everyone - If you need a mirror'd link, let me know, I'm not sure what other places to use for mirrors [​IMG]

and latest updated patch will be added very shortly

15. Ringo619

Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I downloaded v3 and when i drop my b/w rom into the drop here file i don't seem to get a other file just my same old b/w rom and i don't even see a name change or anything.
    Help plz

16. Hatchetball

United States
    Prolly be better off downloading the latest official 2 patch and using it on a clean ROM for better results.
    If the v3 patch file didn't change names, then it didn't work lol

17. aznboy100

aznboy100 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I did everything it said to do but after that i got error code 5 how do i fix that?

18. PyRoManiAcV3

PyRoManiAcV3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

Make sure you have the latest ext+info.dat files from pong and that other guy.
    And the latest version of YSMenu. Won't work otherwise

19. Hatchetball

United States
    Sounds like you need the latest version of YSMenu, and be sure to check the Game ID's again when you add the YSMenu on.
    Either way, sounds like a lack of YSMenu

20. JackKnife

JackKnife Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I can't seem to be able to patch White. When I click apply patch using the xdelta gui, it doesn't seem to do anything, not even freeze up. It's like nothing happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tutorial, English,