Trying to wrap my head around overclocking WiiSXR and Wii64

Kopimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 3: Got WiiSX RX setup up with the forwarder and everything, but everytime I run sign_c2w_patcher before launching the emulator, it hangs right after the Wii title screen and I have to unplug the Wii U. If I run the emulator without the patcher it loads just fine but obviously without the overclock ugh.

Update 2: I found a fork of Wiisxr called WiiSX RX that supports the overclocking on github. Will give it a shot when I get a chance. It can be found here:
https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/releases
Forwarder channel is downloadable there.

Update: Managed to find an installable forwarder channel for Wii64 with overclock and gamepad support. (I believe this may have been an inject from an actual VC title so I won't share the link here). Looks like c2w_patcher is no longer necessary just Sign_c2w_patcher everytime i run Wii64. Now I just gotta make or find a forwarder for WiiSXR

Sorry if this has been covered here definitively before. Ive tried looking into it back aren't finding any clear cut tutorials besides whats on YouTube which I want to avoid for obvious reasons.

I'm ultimately trying to overclock these two emulators as the title states. Before I pull the trigger and actually try this, I want to make sure i fully understand everything.

My setup: CBHC 1.6 (comes with HBL 1.4, but I also have 2.1 installed as a channel for homebrew that's broken with 1.4). Im not set to autoboot as i prefer to have the CBHC menu come up every time. Firmware 5.5.5U (afaik but no way to confirm as CBHC fw reports it as 99.99.99U lol).

Anyways from what I've gathered I need to first install the forwarder channels to the Wii U menu for each emulator using teconmoons WiiVC injector.

Once thats done, I need to run c2w_patcher to unlock full speed under WiiVC, then run sign_c2w_patcher for Sig patches, then finally open up the emulator forwarder channel of my choice.

Am I understanding this correctly? I don't wanna pull the trigger on this until im sure I understand it fully.

Last edited by Kopimist,
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Update 3: Got WiiSX RX setup up with the forwarder and everything, but everytime I run sign_c2w_patcher before launching the emulator, it hangs right after the Wii title screen and I have to unplug the Wii U. If I run the emulator without the patcher it loads just fine but obviously without the overclock ugh.

Update 2: I found a fork of Wiisxr called WiiSX RX that supports the overclocking on github. Will give it a shot when I get a chance. It can be found here:
Forwarder channel is downloadable there.

Update: Managed to find an installable forwarder channel for Wii64 with overclock and gamepad support. (I believe this may have been an inject from an actual VC title so I won't share the link here). Looks like c2w_patcher is no longer necessary just Sign_c2w_patcher everytime i run Wii64. Now I just gotta make or find a forwarder for WiiSXR

Sorry if this has been covered here definitively before. Ive tried looking into it back aren't finding any clear cut tutorials besides whats on YouTube which I want to avoid for obvious reasons.

I'm ultimately trying to overclock these two emulators as the title states. Before I pull the trigger and actually try this, I want to make sure i fully understand everything.

My setup: CBHC 1.6 (comes with HBL 1.4, but I also have 2.1 installed as a channel for homebrew that's broken with 1.4). Im not set to autoboot as i prefer to have the CBHC menu come up every time. Firmware 5.5.5U (afaik but no way to confirm as CBHC fw reports it as 99.99.99U lol).

Anyways from what I've gathered I need to first install the forwarder channels to the Wii U menu for each emulator using teconmoons WiiVC injector.

Once thats done, I need to run c2w_patcher to unlock full speed under WiiVC, then run sign_c2w_patcher for Sig patches, then finally open up the emulator forwarder channel of my choice.

Am I understanding this correctly? I don't wanna pull the trigger on this until im sure I understand it fully.
@Kopimist

Sorry for necrobumping an old thread

Have you tried using the official Wii U launcher of WiiSX RX with sign_c2w_patcher?
It was also made by @niuus, author of WiiSX-RX.
Here https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/releases/download/v2.5/WiiSXRX_WiiU_ChannelFWD.zip

Hope this help ;)

Reactions: cvskid

Kopimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum