Trying to update my SD card, I am totally lost

steamcheapcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard#nxnandmanager (several times, with every method) to update my Switch SD card. None of the methods worked. Most recently I tried "NXNandManager" (for the third time) and when I try to launch CFW I get this error:

0218242251.jpg (JPEG Image, 640 × 1138 pixels) — Scaled (46%)

I tried to Google the error and tried to do random things people said to resolve it (of course every single post assumes you are already an expert and can fill in the gaps in explanation that always exist), but with no luck.

Currently I am back at the point above, where I just tried the NXNandManager and got the above error. I should add that I have an RCMLoader (I did not set it up). I don't know if that needs to be updated nor how to do that.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to resolve the above error and get my Switch (and if necessary RCMLoader) properly updated?

steamcheapcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to migrate your sd card?
Or update your cfw?
I just want to migrate the SD card. I mentioned RCMLoader because when I was trying to research it someone said the answer to the above problem was to update Atmosphere, but then I got some other problem and in researching that there was some stuff about RCMLoader needing to be updated as well. I'm honestly totally confused at this point but I am just trying to migrate the SD card.

Last edited by steamcheapcom,

steamcheapcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update to the latest version of atmosphere and fusee.bin?
https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW
I did try updating Atmosphere even though https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard doesn't say to do that for some reason (I'm genuinely confused about this; the same site has directions for upgrading the SD and doesn't say to update Atmosphere and fusee.bin, I guess they just don't give complete directions?).

Just want to make sure I get this right, from that link I should try #1?

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's absolutely what I would do.
To be honest: I never migrated my emunand to a new SD, I just make a new emunand, starting fresh...

Metro City

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought a 2TB Lenovo, I wanted to do the same thing, but once I put Atmosphere and loaded the fusee.bin the download icons appeared, I tried to follow various guides, but nothing. Current Version: 16.1.0 | AMS 1.6.2 S, They told me to create "emuMMC" which didn't help because it generates "A Fatal error occurred when running Fusee" "Invalid GPT signature" maybe the Micro SD is too big or Fake... But I have Noticed there's an S not an E, so it's a Sysnand?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 2TB Lenovo, I wanted to do the same thing, but once I put Atmosphere and loaded the fusee.bin the download icons appeared, I tried to follow various guides, but nothing. Current Version: 16.1.0 | AMS 1.6.2 S, They told me to create "emuMMC" which didn't help because it generates "A Fatal error occurred when running Fusee" "Invalid GPT signature" maybe the Micro SD is too big or Fake... But I have Noticed there's an S not an E, so it's a Sysnand?
If you bought this micro sd card shown below, then it is most likely fake. I have bought 2 of them, separate sellers, and they both failed h2testw. (For only $16.99, I should have known) Good luck though.
Screenshot 2024-02-19 074029.png

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Metro City

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the replies, I don't think it's a modification problem, because with the 512GB it starts immediately, honestly also with other fakes, but with this 2TB even when I dump the NAND it takes too long and gives an error, I used lockpick_rcm, but nothing always sees games with the download icon.

P.S. h2testw need 2 day for verify :D

It's the yellow one.

Attachments

• Sc13d4a35f7ec4946b7c75a52279be669Z.jpg
    Sc13d4a35f7ec4946b7c75a52279be669Z.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by Metro City,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, I don't think it's a modification problem, because with the 512GB it starts immediately, honestly also with other fakes, but with this 2TB even when I dump the NAND it takes too long and gives an error, I used lockpick_rcm, but nothing always sees games with the download icon.

It's the yellow one.
I bet the problem is the micro sd card, in fact I've never seen a company try to copy the look of the official Nintendo micro sd cards before, pretty funny. I'd say its a fake card.
super-mario-odyssey5.original-329622393.jpg

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

It's the yellow one.
2 days lol : P i have golden sandisc 1tb test with verification takes around idk 6h

steamcheapcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to do https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW (PC Method) and it says to only copy the sigpatches if you are updating your firmware. But the page is literally for "updating CFW" so doesn't that imply that 100% of people will need to do this? I don't want to apply something I don't need that's going to mess things up. Do I need to do this?

Also it says "If you are on Atmosphere 0.20.1 or lower, please check this guide to update your CFW." How can I tell if I'm on 0.20.1 or lower?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to do https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW (PC Method) and it says to only copy the sigpatches if you are updating your firmware. But the page is literally for "updating CFW" so doesn't that imply that 100% of people will need to do this? I don't want to apply something I don't need that's going to mess things up. Do I need to do this?
Yes you need Sigpatches, most importantly get them from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

steamcheapcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
figured this out
Post automatically merged:

So I followed all the directions at https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW#pc-method. I still get the same "unknown pkg1 error" when I go to Launch > CFW emuMMC. And if I go to Payloads > fusee.bin I get

A fatal error occurred when running Fusee Invalid GPT signature Press Power to Reboot

I think I'm pretty close to giving up and maybe throwing my Switch hard against a wall. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try? All I wanted to do originally was upgrade my SD card, I can't believe how difficult this is.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your sd card is mbr not gpt you can change this with minitool partition wizard format the card to fat32 32kb then copy all the files from your old sd card to the new one and make sure there is no unallocated space on the card before you format it then use this to copy your emunand.

Attachments

• EmuTool_v0.2.9.zip
    63.8 KB · Views: 16

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's the yellow one.

It is fake.

Reactions: BigOnYa

steamcheapcom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your sd card is mbr not gpt you can change this with minitool partition wizard format the card to fat32 32kb then copy all the files from your old sd card to the new one and make sure there is no unallocated space on the card before you format it then use this to copy your emunand.
Just confirming, it sounds like you're saying to fill up the whole card with FAT32 before copying Emunand, but wouldn't there then be no space left for the Emunand partition?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Why all the messing about guys, pretty much most partitioning tools such as this can clone your card and resize the extra space on a new card.

https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager.html

These tools allow you to clone you drive, then afterwards you can resize the partition without losing data. I don't know why you guys are messing about transferring files, building new emunands etc when this is an easy task with basic software much of what is free.

• Love
Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A buttered grilled cheese pb&j? Meh