Trying to play Fatal Frame 4 on vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by natanqb, Jan 2, 2018.

1. natanqb
    OP

natanqb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Hi i have been trying to play the english patched version of Fatal frame 4 on my vWii but i had someproblems. First my usb loader GX doesn't read Wii games, but it reads gamecube games (when i try to enable wii games on the GX menu it says it can't find the usb device, but im using a SD card). The wii flow reads my other wii games without any problem, but it doesn't recognize fatal frame 4, maybe because its japanese, so do you guys have any idea of what i should do?

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    USB Loader GX doesn't read Wii games from SD, try Wiiflow

3. natanqb
    OP

natanqb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Thank you i didn't know that, but like i said wii flow doesn't read this specific game.

4. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Sorry, didn't read that far lol. Are the only games it doesn't read out of region? If so you might have to find a region setting, or the game might have corrupted when you patched it. Try loading the vanilla Japanese version once, for the sake of troubleshooting

5. natanqb
    OP

natanqb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    I tried and it didn't work, but i changed some settings on wii flow and the game at least appeared on the menu, but when i select the screen went dark and some seconds later i was back at the vwii menu.

6. krueger96

krueger96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    It could be a bad dump, i've had problems with wiiflow and this game too, had to use another .wbfs. Or you could use a wii vc inject

7. natanqb
    OP

natanqb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    So if i find a good dump the fact that it is a japanese game and my wiiu is american shouldn't be a problem?

8. krueger96

krueger96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    it'll run fine

9. natanqb
    OP

natanqb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    did u just use wii backup manager? Did u need to create a folder or change the files name?

10. natanqb
    OP

natanqb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Its working now thank you.

krueger96 likes this.
  11. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    How did you get it to work? I've tried 2 different dumps and it just kicks me back to vwii menu

12. natanqb
    OP

natanqb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    the problem wasn't the dumps but my wii flow configurations, i don't remember exactly what i changed but it was pretty simple.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice