Trying to make NES MP3 player V2...

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A while back, I posted my attempt at making a NES MP3 player (probably still on here. Just can't be bothered looking for it) and it worked... to an extent. Anyways, I found another cheap MP3 player. This time it has a screen and the battery is recharged via the mini USB. But the problem I'm having is controlling the actual MP3 controls with the NES buttons. I originally used tact switches but for this version, I want to use the NES PCB instead but I don't know which trace to cut and which to solder the wire to to make it work. The MP3 player has 7 buttons and I want to use all of them on the NES apart from the select button. Here is a picture of the circuit board

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5225/dsc01618eo6.jpg

Thanks in advance

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no techie but I was just wondering, say I were to gather all the components needed for a project like this, would you mod it into a NES MP3 player for a fee? The concept and design sounds pretty awesome, something I'd like to own in the future...
happy.gif

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering, where do you plan on putting the screen? :3
Going to drill a rectangle hole probably where the word Nintendo says on the front part of the controller. That's IF I can actually find out the perfect way of cutting out a rectangle in plastic.

[M]artin: I am an electical newbie at this and everything I do in this is something new to me. It wouldn't exactly be fit for public consumption since the battery is actually soldered to the MP3 player.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cut a oblong with a jigsaw and file down the corners if you really want a square.

As for the original I would say just cut all the traces so they do not join up and solder to that, for the A and B button. To make it a bit easier dare I suggest using some conductive ink/pen and extending the trace.

Just a thought a well, stick a LED near the screen if it is not already lit.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cut a oblong with a jigsaw and file down the corners if you really want a square.

As for the original I would say just cut all the traces so they do not join up and solder to that, for the A and B button. To make it a bit easier dare I suggest using some conductive ink/pen and extending the trace.

Just a thought a well, stick a LED near the screen if it is not already lit.
So I was planning out which traces to cut and which to leave along. I got this so far.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5708/dsc01618yr9.gif

But the red circle is confusing me as it's joined at the same point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: yeah