Trying to extract a gamecube Wii iso

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gazman2k3, Nov 22, 2009.

1. gazman2k3
    OP

gazman2k3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2009
    Hi just joined great looking forum,I am wondering if I could get some help,I have this 4gb gamecube emulation iso which works great on my wiikey 2 modded Wii,the emulators on the iso are pretty old versions like the snes emulator is version Snes9xGX v2.0.1b8 and the latest version is Snes9x GX 4.1.2 and has had a lot of changes since the old build I have on this emulation dvd.

What I want to do is extract the old iso replace the old emulator with the latest version and then remake the iso,I have been searching for days on google but I can't seem to find a program that will extract the original iso,programs like winrar only seem to extract around 4mb of the 4gb iso for some reason.
    Basically all I want is to be able to extract the original iso so I can get the roms to remake a fresh updated iso.
    Can anyone help with this.
    Thanks.

2. boof222

boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2009
    NSW
    wat about 7-zip
    try that
    i have no idea wat ur tryin to do but i know some good extracting programs

3. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    dump the disk to sd or flasdrive from the wii and then you should be able to open it with wii scubber and extract the files I think

4. gazman2k3
    OP

gazman2k3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks for the reply,yeah I have tried 7-zip and all I got was around 4mb worth extracted from the 4gb iso.

5. gazman2k3
    OP

gazman2k3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks for the reply,when you say dump the disk to a sd or flash drive do you mean there is some sought of program I can load up in the homebrew section that will dump the dvd to it,also I only have a 2gb sd card which would not be big enough to dump the full dvd,I do have a 16gb corsair memory stick,would that be ok to use with the Wii.

I didn't think I would of needed to dump the dvd from the Wii to the memory card because I have the original iso on my pc harddrive still,and all I want to do is extract the original iso on my pc harddrive to get the roms so I can rebuild a new version with updated emulators.

I don't know if anyone remembers but I was hoping for a similar windows program to the old Qwix or Craxtion iso extractors which extracted xbox isos very well within windows,I just want a program that will extract a gamecube or wii iso in the same way.

This is the iso I am trying to extract

[​IMG]

6. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    the only program that will read wii ISO's is wii scrubber I think have tried powerISO and winrar + I think original Wii games are encrypted