Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
nknave said:
This is a Great tool, I just replaced my WAD Manager that booted from cBoot2 with this.

It's amazing. All you do is run cBoot2 via BootMii, and when you're at the main menu, press "B" so you don't reload IOS, and than wait till you're asked to press "1", or else it will act anal.

Once done, Patch IOS36 to any Wii, regardless of current Serial Numbers.

The patched IOS36 that this installs will allow you to:

- Install WADs Using WAD Manager when IOS36 is Selected
- Install cIOS3x revx using this IOS as your base installer
- PreLoader0.29-Cred, even on LU64+ Wii Models
- And other goodies that I cannot mention since they will not apply to LU64+ Wiis.

Thank You WiiPower
Thank You ScarFish for the first app*

Cheers!!!
yaynds.gif

On a LU64/65 with the above method, do I still need to downgrade IOS15 first before patching IOS36 prior to cIOS3x install?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
cBoot method is not required.

I did it with the method in my sig.

Hi Walker

I've read through the boards and such. I just want to confirm that the method outlined in your sig can be used for LU64+ running System 3.x or 4.0. My friend is getting a new Wii and I assume it will be an LU64+ running 4.0. Just getting my ducks in a row so I can get him up and running using USB Loader GX. I've got the SD card prepped to go and just wanted to confirm the overall procedure.

Thanks

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
doyama said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
cBoot method is not required.

I did it with the method in my sig.

Hi Walker

I've read through the boards and such. I just want to confirm that the method outlined in your sig can be used for LU64+ running System 3.x or 4.0. My friend is getting a new Wii and I assume it will be an LU64+ running 4.0. Just getting my ducks in a row so I can get him up and running using USB Loader GX. I've got the SD card prepped to go and just wanted to confirm the overall procedure.

Thanks

Yes it works. I did it on a 3.4E LU64+ equivalent Wii (I believe it was LEF10) which I later upgraded to 4.0 using Wanin's upgrader.

leocahang

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I tried this tool today!
I follow the readme.txt steps. Downgrade IOS 15 => patch IOS 36 ( all option switched yes )=> restore IOS 15
but it only patched trucha bug, no boot2 ,no ES_identify!

My console LU64+ (3.4V2J Taiwanese console )
Forget other IOS, notice the IOS 36.please!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Why? Did I get the wrong steps
wacko.gif
?

wdforty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for clarification, please help.

Following this guide and use of tool, I've read to install patch ios36 as ios36 however another post stated to install patch ios36 as ios249. This has confused me and looking for information when to choose the other and pros/cons of using the two.

Lastly, what additional steps or requirements are their to install pre-loader once I have completed the rest of this guide, meaning neogamma has been installed, working properly? In the past I have read about running cios60bf.wad however is this still a required step using this new method by wiipower?

Lastly perhaps this has already been answered which links would be great as knowledge never hurts, what real protection will pre-loader offer me from the wife and kids performing system/game updates and/or installation of wads floating around the internet?

Big hugs for this release, much better than anything with few steps, thanks again!

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
patch ios36 in tucha bug restorer is not the same thing than patch ios36 to ios249 for cIOS
wink.gif

it doesn't have the same effect.
in TBR , patching the ios36 enables the trucha bug on it.
it's some kind of "prepare" to install cIOS

then , the cios installer takes this ios36 patched , and patch it again to enable backup reading and all the stuff that comes with it , and installs it as ios249.

i think that's how it works.
and cios60bf should not be needed.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
leocahang said:
I tried this tool today!
I follow the readme.txt steps. Downgrade IOS 15 => patch IOS 36 ( all option switched yes )=> restore IOS 15
but it only patched trucha bug, no boot2 ,no ES_identify!

My console LU64+ (3.4V2J Taiwanese console )
Forget other IOS, notice the IOS 36.please!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Why? Did I get the wrong steps
wacko.gif
?

Maybe boot2 access is disabled because of yours being a Lu64. I too get "ES_Identify" errors when in ATD but then cIOS249 installs fine. Before that I always get -=2011 error at the last line when its trying to install ticket. Friend's 3.4U boot2 friendly set.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
bump

THIS TOPIC MUST STAY ON THE FIRST PAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S REALLY ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT NEW STEP IN WII HACK SINCE A LONG TIME !!!!

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I have heard this works on Lu64 Wiis. But does this work on LAH 4.0 Wiis? It's practically the equivalent too a LU64 4.0 Wii.

ayojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this contain ES_identify patches that help GeckoOS recognize channels for Channel Loading? I keep getting the "Error Loading Channel List" message.

Also, what if you already have one IOS patched before you do this? Because my IOS35, and IOS60 are trucha-patched, will the patched IOS35 in this app overwrite it or what? I also have cIOS36rev10 too.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BBking83 said:
I have a question if you don't mind answering. How is this different to Waninkoko's v1.11 Firmware Downgrader: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...downgrader-v111 ??

Are they esentially the same? Or is this one for 4.1??

I'd like to know any differences, please.
biggrin.gif

I don't know what that downgrader does, but it's surely totally different. I'm not even sure if that downgrader is a bricker for boot2v4 Wiis.

My TBR downgrades IOS15 to GET the trucha bug, that tool REQUIRES the trucha bug to do stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.