BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the great app WiiPower, makes the whole job a lot shorter/easier
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
it's very likely Nintendo is going to patch this in upcoming IOS, sadly :-/

Is this true? is it easy for nin to patch?

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lulz, god damn. I wish you came out with this like a week ago. I had to downgrade-patch-upgrade to fakesign my IOS. Good work coming out with this! Five stars.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi WiiPower!

Just wanted to ask you... did you find anything as of why AnyTitle Deleter gives an error in the ES_Identify after using your patch to FULLY patch IOS36, while downgrading the IOS36 to the v1042 works fine?

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this handy tool, just tested out today.
Several things to report
1. Anytitledeleter still reports error after IOS36 is fully patched. Before patch, error at "...God". After patch, error at "...daddy".
2. patched IOS37 cannot be installed. Error says "did you install an IOS37 with higher version..." something like that. Hell no
laugh.gif

3. IOS wad file names require Nintendo naming i.e. xxx-64-vxxx.wad, readme file says otherwise.

Several things to look forward to
1. Can it not return to system menu everytime a task is finished? e.g. now is downgrade IOS15, sysmenu, patch IOS36, sysmenu, restore IOS15, sysmenu...also when a wrong option is selected, wanna go back to top page, press B, sysmenu...
2. Trucha bug restore to other IOSs. i.e. manually select IOS to create free the bug version

So far, this is a good alternative for virgin Wii owner who does not want to install BootMii and cBoot2
once cBoot2 is up, a shxx load of free the bug IOSs can be installed
of course, this requires pre-downloading and pre-patching
if the next version includes option 2 above, this should beat cBoot2

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
player0 said:
Thanks for this handy tool, just tested out today.
Several things to report
1. Anytitledeleter still reports error after IOS36 is fully patched. Before patch, error at "...God". After patch, error at "...daddy".
2. patched IOS37 cannot be installed. Error says "did you install an IOS37 with higher version..." something like that. Hell no
laugh.gif

3. IOS wad file names require Nintendo naming i.e. xxx-64-vxxx.wad, readme file says otherwise.

Several things to look forward to
1. Can it not return to system menu everytime a task is finished? e.g. now is downgrade IOS15, sysmenu, patch IOS36, sysmenu, restore IOS15, sysmenu...also when a wrong option is selected, wanna go back to top page, press B, sysmenu...
2. Trucha bug restore to other IOSs. i.e. manually select IOS to create free the bug version

So far, this is a good alternative for virgin Wii owner who does not want to install BootMii and cBoot2
once cBoot2 is up, a shxx load of free the bug IOSs can be installed
of course, this requires pre-downloading and pre-patching
if the next version includes option 2 above, this should beat cBoot2

1st priority is safety for this tool, so it won't get to patch other IOS or will allow to do more stuff at once. Also it does only return to system menu when NOT started from a loader it can return to(HBC for example).

to 1: I don't get that error, maybe i have another version. I seriously need to look into that.
to 2: I do not know why it happens, what IOS37 did you have installed before? Some patched IOS37? Does installing an unpatched IOS37 work?
to 3: The readme tells you may need to rename the wad files, i don't understand where you see an error here.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit:
Nevermind. My previous "revision" of this post was made before I fully read the readme the program came with. Please ignore this post.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
s3phir0th115 said:
Of course, I don't think this app is bad at all. It's very convenient if you have internet access on the wii and don't want to do the cboot2 method. It's also much more brick safe since you don't have to make wads yourself, something many users could have issues with.
TBR can work offline with the right wads on SD root

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
s3phir0th115 said:
The cboot2 method is the only one I know of now that doesn't require an internet connection on the wii for any step of the way. And while I have internet on my Wii, I still like being able to do things offline because some Wii's I hack do not have internet access readily available.

Of course, I don't think this app is bad at all. It's very convenient if you have internet access on the wii and don't want to do the cboot2 method. It's also much more brick safe since you don't have to make wads yourself, something many users could have issues with.

???
I 1st made it work from sd card, and then i added the NUS code. ALL my tools have priority on working offline. Name one tool i released that only works online.
It also loads from usb, so even people with broken sd card reader, broken drive, broken wifi and broken bluethooth can use it. (as long as the wii still works at all with all this damaged).

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
s3phir0th115 said:
TBR can work offline with the right wads on SD root

Really? I didn't notice that in the readme. That makes this program that much more useful then.

???
I 1st made it work from sd card, and then i added the NUS code. ALL my tools have priority on working offline. Name one tool i released that only works online.
It also loads from usb, so even people with broken sd card reader, broken drive, broken wifi and broken bluethooth can use it. (as long as the wii still works at all with all this damaged).

Ahh, my apologies. I meant no offense by that, I just didn't fully read the readme that it came with. I'll edit my previous post to fix it.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
an old quote by WiiPower
QUOTE said:
You need IOS15v257, IOS15v266 and IOS36v3094 wads on root of sd card for it.
With these names: IOS15-64-v257.wad, IOS15-64-v266.wad and IOS36-64-v3094.wad.

Step 1: Downgrade IOS15
Step 2: Install IOS36 with trucha bug to IOS249
Step 3: Restore IOS15
Step 4: Use IOS249 in the cIOS installer

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
1st priority is safety for this tool, so it won't get to patch other IOS or will allow to do more stuff at once. Also it does only return to system menu when NOT started from a loader it can return to(HBC for example).
I mean it would be better this way: program loads, downgrade IOS15, patch and install IOS36, restore IOS15, program exits
rather than: program loads, downgrade IOS15, program exits, program loads, patch and install IOS36, program exits, program loads, restore IOS15, program exits, as it is now in version 1.0

WiiPower said:
to 2: I do not know why it happens, what IOS37 did you have installed before? Some patched IOS37? Does installing an unpatched IOS37 work?
The latest IOS37 obtained after an online official 4.0 update. No, none of the install IOS37 options (patched or not) work.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jul 7 2009, 06:38 PM)
to 3: The readme tells you may need to rename the wad files, i don't understand where you see an error here.
I know. I got the files from disc and NUS, then I renamed them like the names appear in the readme (i.e. IOS15v257.wad, IOS15v266.wad)
Just something that can be made more clear in the readme...

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
an old quote by WiiPower
QUOTE said:
You need IOS15v257, IOS15v266 and IOS36v3094 wads on root of sd card for it.
With these names: IOS15-64-v257.wad, IOS15-64-v266.wad and IOS36-64-v3094.wad.

Step 1: Downgrade IOS15
Step 2: Install IOS36 with trucha bug to IOS249
Step 3: Restore IOS15
Step 4: Use IOS249 in the cIOS installer

Yeah, I see. My post was a moment of sheer idiocy on my part.

Again, I apologize. I should have fully read the readme first before I posted.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is a Great tool, I just replaced my WAD Manager that booted from cBoot2 with this.

It's amazing. All you do is run cBoot2 via BootMii, and when you're at the main menu, press "B" so you don't reload IOS, and than wait till you're asked to press "1", or else it will act anal.

Once done, Patch IOS36 to any Wii, regardless of current Serial Numbers.

The patched IOS36 that this installs will allow you to:

- Install WADs Using WAD Manager when IOS36 is Selected
- Install cIOS3x revx using this IOS as your base installer
- PreLoader0.29-Cred, even on LU64+ Wii Models
- And other goodies that I cannot mention since they will not apply to LU64+ Wiis.

Thank You WiiPower
Thank You ScarFish for the first app*

Cheers!!!
yaynds.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Jacobeian said:
@WiiPower: I have a question on how you are able to downgrade IOS15 (why this one in particular by the way ?) on a "virgin" 4.0 ?

It seems that you are patching the TMD revision number directly in the NAND ( if I understood it well, when the system want to add a new title, the tmd is temporaly copied in the /tmp directory) then finish title installation as usual...

how is that possible ? doesn't the system verify the signature of the TMD in between ? Or is it a "bug" in the current ES module ?

The bugs are that you can delete the tmd when it's in the tmp folder even when you have ZERO rights on the file. And yes, there's no signature check on both finishing the installation and running the IOS.

This is exactly how comex' IOS35 downgrader works. But i downgrade IOS15, because i knew IOS16 works on boot2v4 Wiis. This is known to work even on virgin boot2v4 4.0 Wiis.

So, would it be theoretically possible to modify WAD Manager to make it install trucha patched IOS wads through the method you use to downgrade IOS15?

Not that it's needed since we have your tool, but would it be possible?

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
After another test, the IOS37 installations (both patched and no patch) work if using network install.
Now I suspect that the problem is caused by NUS downloader.

I verified that the SHA-1 value of the packed wads with those in the readme, they are identical, so WiiPower was using the IOS wads from the NUS downloader.
Problem is, I sometimes find the NUS downloader packed wads have troubles when unpacking with bfgr_wadunpacker (error: wad header too big)
This does not happen to the official wads extracted from disc, which gives me less confident with the NUS downloader packed wads.

So at the end of the day, I will prefer official wads rather than those packed with NUS downloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass