Hacking Trucha Bug Restorer release

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like a nice replacement to the cboot2 method if I understand it correctly.

The cboot2 method wasn't hard, but a lot of people would have trouble extracting the boot2 wad from a wii disc, then unpacking it and renaming files, etc. I could go on but you get the point.

Thanks WiiPower. First you make NeoGamma which I use, and now I see this. Excellent work.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower,

What mean that "The ES_Identify patch seems to not work on IOS37, so don't use it there"... ? So when i install the IOS37 with trucha bug for RB2, isnt this patch ES?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've made a 'How to use' guide.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165...p;#entry2099068

smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ExLex said:
WiiPower,

What mean that "The ES_Identify patch seems to not work on IOS37, so don't use it there"... ? So when i install the IOS37 with trucha bug for RB2, isnt this patch ES?

The patch is for ES_Identify not the whole ES module. You only need trucha in IOS37 for customs.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LurkyTheHamster said:
If we can link to the NUS Downloader could we possibly get a title id for all the above, or possibly a mini faq for obtaining them more easily? I know, walking a fine line here with what can be requested or provided. I AM NOT asking for any links to the files themselves, I'll more than willing to do the leg work myself. A little guidance on how to do so would be great.

I really did review the rules several times on this one... it should be acceptable I hope.
blink.gif
Here is a complete list of IOSs and such: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database#Complete_Title_List

So this does really work on LU64+ Wiis? I thought it would choke after the downgrading IOS15 part...

Edit: after carfully reading the readme: This only enables you to trucha-patch IOS36 so that you can intall stuff, like a cIOS and doesn't do anything to the other IOSs besides IOS15, correct?

sunshysuen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dear WiiPower

you particularly mention the machine LU64. does it imply it support all region machine e.g. LJ (japan version)? so all ios (ios15,ios36 and ios 37) can be used across different region and fully compatible though some region has it own special ios like korean machine. is that right?

best regards

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as I know, this works on LU64+ Wiis.

Also, I don't think there is a cBoot2 Version(I really want this).

bengalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vegeta said:
I recently upgraded from 3.3E to 4.0E using the online installation from this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Does Trucha Bug Restorer patch any IOS'es that IOS Downgrader doesn't?

Yeah, I'm not sure what this is doing that IOS downgrader does not.
Can someone explain why this would be needed if a cIOS is already installed and IOS downgrader should be run?

I generally find that I can do any updates from NUS and then simply run IOS donwgrader and everything works fine.

I upgraded from 3.1U to 3.2 using AnyRegionChanger and then downloaded updated channels from Wii Store...ran IOS downgrader and everything worked (including homebrew like ATD). Then I updated to 4.0 from NUS and ran IOS downgrader again and everything continues to work.

Maybe this is mroe use for the newer systems? not sure...can someone help me understand?

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I'm not mistaken this tools patches trucha back but keeps ticket version up instead of downgrade to an older IOS version..

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nknave said:
As far as I know, this works on LU64+ Wiis.

Also, I don't think there is a cBoot2 Version(I really want this).

What do you mean? You can run the Trucha Bug Restorer from cBoot2 and use that cIOS to install a patched IOS.

Vegeta said:
I recently upgraded from 3.3E to 4.0E using the online installation from this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Does Trucha Bug Restorer patch any IOS'es that IOS Downgrader doesn't?

IOS Downgrader can't be used on boot2v4 Wiis ==> I absolutely don't care about IOS Downgrader.

QUOTE(-pb- @ Jul 5 2009, 09:52 AM)
If I'm not mistaken this tools patches trucha back but keeps ticket version up instead of downgrade to an older IOS version..

When downgrading IOS 15, you get IOS15 rev 257 with the ticket from IOS15 v266, but the IOS is downgraded not patched.

The-Kevster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downgraded IOS15, used 15 to install 36. When using 36 to install 37 I get...

ES_AddtitleStart returned: -1035
Has your installed IOS37 a higher revision than 3612?
IOS37 installation failed.

If I select IOS37 to launch the software it says I'm on version 3612.

Any ideas? I'm using a 2 year old Wii with BootMii installed in Boot2.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The-Kevster said:
I downgraded IOS15, used 15 to install 36. When using 36 to install 37 I get...

ES_AddtitleStart returned: -1035
Has your installed IOS37 a higher revision than 3612?
IOS37 installation failed.

If I select IOS37 to launch the software it says I'm on version 3612.

Any ideas? I'm using a 2 year old Wii with BootMii installed in Boot2.

Did you install a trucha patched IOS36? Did you try to install a patched IOS37?

If you can't get rid of the problem, just delete IOS37 with AnyTttleDeleter and then you should be able to install it. In case of problems with IOS36 you could do the same, but you might need to use bannerbomb then to launch TBR.

The-Kevster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No your software is very good and says when the IOS isn't trucha signed so I know 36 was patched. I removed 37 with any title deleter and reinstalled it.

Worked like a charm!

Good work!!!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@WiiPower: I have a question on how you are able to downgrade IOS15 (why this one in particular by the way ?) on a "virgin" 4.0 ?

It seems that you are patching the TMD revision number directly in the NAND ( if I understood it well, when the system want to add a new title, the tmd is temporaly copied in the /tmp directory) then finish title installation as usual...

how is that possible ? doesn't the system verify the signature of the TMD in between ? Or is it a "bug" in the current ES module ?

arasium

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi WiiPower.

I've read your readmii, and you say that the IOS254 has the trucha bug. So, if i've installed the DVDx with the latest hackmii, i can use this cios instead of downgrading the ios 15?

Thnak you for the sources of your homebrew, it will help a lot of people to more understand the wii system.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jacobeian said:
@WiiPower: I have a question on how you are able to downgrade IOS15 (why this one in particular by the way ?) on a "virgin" 4.0 ?

It seems that you are patching the TMD revision number directly in the NAND ( if I understood it well, when the system want to add a new title, the tmd is temporaly copied in the /tmp directory) then finish title installation as usual...

how is that possible ? doesn't the system verify the signature of the TMD in between ? Or is it a "bug" in the current ES module ?

The bugs are that you can delete the tmd when it's in the tmp folder even when you have ZERO rights on the file. And yes, there's no signature check on both finishing the installation and running the IOS.

This is exactly how comex' IOS35 downgrader works. But i downgrade IOS15, because i knew IOS16 works on boot2v4 Wiis. This is known to work even on virgin boot2v4 4.0 Wiis.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
The bugs are that you can delete the tmd when it's in the tmp folder even when you have ZERO rights on the file. And yes, there's no signature check on both finishing the installation and running the IOS.

This is exactly how comex' IOS35 downgrader works. But i downgrade IOS15, because i knew IOS16 works on boot2v4 Wiis. This is known to work even on virgin boot2v4 4.0 Wiis.
I see, what does boot2v4 4.0 changes regarding IOS ? I thought that once the system menu was launched, boot2 was never used anymore...

Anyway, it's very likely Nintendo is going to patch this in upcoming IOS, sadly :-/

thanks a lot for commenting your code so nicely and for the very detailled error message, even if this obviously comes from others, this was missing in waninkoko applications and this greatly helps to understand the process of downloading/installing/patching titles

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I simply had to rewrite some of the download, patch and install code, or else i would have had no chance to understand it myself.

The difference in boot2: According to bushing, boot2 is always involved when loading an IOS, so boot2 can do some check on the IOS and refuse to load it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1