Status
Not open for further replies.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am having trouble with the http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/hacking-guide/trucha. I am trying to install CIOS 249 on my friend's virgin 4.2U Wii and cannot get the last step to work on the TBR on Dop-Mii 13. It gives me all types of error messages.. I have internet connection installed on thea tWii adn it works fine. Also when I try installing Priiloader it gives me an error messaged "has 58 been trucha-sized?". I have used that installer link you guys gave me but when I start the process it says running 61 and not 58 even though the app is named "IOS 58 installe". What do i do? I have not soft-modded anything with that Wii except what I have posted above. I have HBC installed and some apps but I need CIOS 249 in order to run brawlstats and savegame manager.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh gawd, its smashdude with another problem
tongue.gif
Do you have the wad file for it? Can't you just try Wad Manager? I'm not at my Wii right now but try that?
tongue.gif

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a WAD and do it offline. It's actually better that way. Just go on ModMii (formerly NUS Auto Downloader by XFlak) and download IOS249 from there and just install the WAD. It's not hard man, its way easier than online bullcrap.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link me please. Then give me instructions on where to place them and how to run it. Thanks. I have never used a WAD before.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, my Wii didn't but my friend's did. Please link me to what I need to get CIOS 249 and Priilaoder to intall. That is all I need. Nothing else.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just click the link in XFlak's sig and follow the instructions. I'm not holding your hand on this one.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I go to specific instructions to download CIOS 249? I don't want to lose or move my current data to another place. I just want specific instructions on how to install Priiloader and CIOS 249, not to soft-mod the whole Wii.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just explore the program dude. Do some legwork for yourself man, please! Download the program above in XFlak's sig. Just go to page 2 or something on his app and look for the stuff yourself. There's also a big Priiloader section. If you miss it, I'm gonna facepalm you so hard.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
do u already have the HBC? do u already have a patched IOS? if not, BOTH OF THESE ARE REQUIRED BEFORE BEING ABLE TO INSTALL CIOS249 OR PRIILOADER

if u don't have these installed, u need to do what Ryukouki said, and if u do, then u can still do what Ryukouki said

my signature is right here..... see it? click it. download it, run it, start the wizard, i recommend telling it that ur wii is a virgin and start the hacking process from the beginning. If u want to make things complicated for yourself, and probably give me and many others a big headache, u can tell it ur wii is not a virgin and customize what exactly u want to install (ie. cIOSs and Priiloader).

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I wanted to do the whole thing would I need to remove the stuff I have on it right now? I want to say it is not a virgin and just install CIOS 249 and Priiloader but you told me that it won't work if I do it that way for whatever reason.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's gonna choose the latter.
frown.gif
What a headache this kiddo is. no offense smash you shouldn't be hacking wiis because you ask WAY too many questions.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And he did not say it won't work. It's just one hell of a fucking nightmare. And I suggest removing everything and starting clean. You're one hell of a troublemaker for us. Just start over and do what I told you to do. Get HBC installed, patch the IOS, and go from there.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
smashdude, listen carefully, tell ModMii your wii is a virgin, do exactly what the guide says, do not add steps, do not skip steps. Since there are no steps involving uninstalling anything, u will not have to uninstall anything, in fact it can be dangerous.

So, follow the guide to the letter, take your time, if u have Qs, research them before asking them.

If you do not listen to this, I will not help you... because it will tell me u do not listen to anything I recommend (ie. if i recommend something, u should do it, even if its not "required"... others with more knowledge should feel free to disagree with me, but u are not one of those people). So I expect you to use the ModMii guide written for virgin 4.2U Wii's, otherwise, don't be asking for MY help

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a 4.2U. I will download everything on this. I should not remove anything from my SD card right? I already have an existing private foldr and boot.elf but I will try your soft-mod guide out step by step. Deal? I just don't want any of my existing data taken from me, like WiiMC.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the most important thing is to rename your current wad folder (ModMii will ask u if u want to do this if one exists) so that u don't accidentally install wads u have from some other source

other than that, keep w/e files u have, it doesn't matter as long as u follow the guide

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here, perhaps he needs a fucking step by step.

1. DOWNLOAD ModMii 4.2.3 by XFlak in his signature. Yes, the SIGNATURE is the big area underneath a post.
2. EXTRACT the RAR file to the DESKTOP
3.RUN ModMii by XFlak.
4.Type in YES or Y when indicated.
5.You will see a MENU. It's a big menu. There are options.
6.PRESSthe letter W on your keyboard.
7.PRESS the letter 'Y'.
8.TYPE in 4.2. Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
9.TYPE in U for USA. Yes. The USA is a continent on the planet Earth.
10.TYPE in 4.2 AGAIN. Yes. AGAIN means to repeat what you just did.
11.TYPE in N (a letter of the alphabet) on the screen.
12.REPEAT step 11. In case you STILL don't understand, press the N key.
13.PUSH the Y key.
14.PRESS D on the keyboard. D is the fourth letter of the alphabet. It is located near the 'S' key and the "F" key.
15.PUSH the Y key.
16. Let the items DOWNLOAD.
17. It will copy to a folder called COPY_TO_SD.
18. Everything done? Good.
19. COPY contents of COPY_TO_SD folder to SD ROOT.
20. RUN Modmii again.
21. Get to the MENU.
22. Press the "2" key. It's a number.
23. TYPE BSD.
24. TYPE the D Key.
25. Let the shit download.
26. COPY to SD.
27. You're done. Congratufuckinglations.

If you still find that hard to follow, shall I include pictures and a dictionary definition of the bold words?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MODWII is the easiest app to use by everyone. If someone does not understand how to use it it's like MODWII tells you at the beginning "YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS MODDING YOUR WII"

I would like to help the guy more but I can see the future:

1.I connect to msn live
2.he will start asking random questions and links for apps
3.I answer those questions
4.he will ask a bunch more that has nothing to do with the first questions
5.he will ask again for dvdx. (I don't know why the obsession with dvdx)
6.Then he will tell me his wii gave an error with some app, I try the app, it will work here.
7.then he will ask why it isn't working with him along with another off-topic question ie: "Wiimc isn't working, do you know where I can find priiloader, can you link it to me" (What does wiimc has to do with priiloader???)
8.He'll try again, the same error. I give him a couple of suggestions, he will ask another off-topic question. Finally he resolved that error leading to another error and more questions that have nothing to do with that error. The hours go by, I lose my weekend helping him and in the end we are where we started.

Thinking about it gives me creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?