Trouble with Nintendo eshop and language system

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Xmortal, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Xmortal
    OP

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    My console is configure in English Language, but the Nintendo eshop is spanish language

Some solution? It's only Nintendo eshop. Miiverse, Wii Menu and games are in English.

2. Xmortal
    OP

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Solution:

For English: Start Nintendo Eshop > Menu > Ajuste > Ver Todo > Idiomas > English
    For Spanish: Start Nintenso Eshop > My Menu > Setting > View all > Language > Spanish

3. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The Wii U is very restrictive of other languages as it seems, like for the Wii Mode Portuguese users have to use Spanish instead and then it takes 4mins to apply the change.

Beats me why Wii U is so awkward and outdated, the 360 and PS3 do it instantly but Nintendo's 8th gen is very limited of it.

4. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Why eShop even has seperate language option to begin with?
    Also I still can't comprehend how my PS3 from 2006 is translated to much more languages (Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Português, Pyccкий, Suomi, Polski, Svenska, Türkçe, Japanese, Korean and simplified Chinese) while "kid friendly" nintendo at 2015 is staying at bare minimum (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch).

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    It's because of the region locking. Since only certain languages are locked to certain places in the world, they only translate for the languages that are predominant in those regions. Since the PS3 is region-free, it can be used virtually anywhere in the world, and by anyone that speaks those languages.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  6. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    What language would the VWii be using of the Wii U language is set to Russian?