ROM Hack Trouble running custom .code

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Will emuNAND be possible with this, or will we have to continue using a fw spoofer?

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Will emuNAND be possible with this, or will we have to continue using a fw spoofer?

if you have access to emuNAND then you can already install CIAs, so...
edit: oh nvm I think I got it wrong, you're asking if we can use emunand with the eshop hack (fm > 9.2) ?

Last edited by MasterLel,

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everything.
But those questions are kinda pointless if what I want to do works. And if it doesn't, well at least we'll get something cool.
Please Unhype and Wait Patiently™

EDIT : Wait I think I got it wrong too. It won't allow 9.6+ emuNAND on N3DS sorry.

Last edited by JustPingo,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

edit: oh nvm I think I got it wrong, you're asking if we can use emunand with the eshop hack (fm > 9.2) ?
Yeah, that's what I meant.
Everything.
But those questions are kinda pointless if what I want to do works. And if it doesn't, well at least we'll get something cool.
Please Unhype and Wait Patiently™
Okay, fine :)

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saying stuff about emunand (or anything kernel) before knowing whether it will work may be a bad idea :x. Its just bound to start a storm baha..

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
saying stuff about emunand (or anything kernel) before knowing whether it will work may be a bad idea :x. Its just bound to start a storm baha..

Indeed. That post wasn't even meant to exist in the first place, but just because we were trying to fight with HANS and get some help.
So, please everyone convince yourselves that it is just some useless stuff for now (because, well, in that stade, it is lol).

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
So, please everyone convince yourselves that it is just some useless stuff for now (because, well, in that stade, it is lol).

It's too late, now there is hope and hype :D
If you rename the title to "[WIP] Installing CIAs on 9.3 and above fm" there is 50 pages of messages tommorow hehe

TheConfuZzledDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's too late, now there is hope and hype :D
If you rename the title to "[WIP] Installing CIAs on 9.3 and above fm" there is 50 pages of messages tommorow hehe
Haha yeah, the title being so ambiguous is the only thing stopping this thread from getting swamped by people who haven't been following it :P

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha yeah, the title being so ambiguous is the only thing stopping this thread from getting swamped by people who haven't been following it :P

Wouldnt that actually help people to slowly (and therefore better) understand the process by hto60 though? Because, hypothetically, if we do manage to enable CIA installation >9.2 then incorrect information could lead to newcomers rushing in and bricking their system (or so im told). Im also a newcomer so I dont know how the community reacted to CIA installation last year when it became freely available and if there are any precautions or things we can do now to understand the process before hastily installing CIAs

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wouldnt that actually help people to slowly (and therefore better) understand the process by hto60 though? Because, hypothetically, if we do manage to enable CIA installation >9.2 then incorrect information could lead to newcomers rushing in and bricking their system (or so im told). Im also a newcomer so I dont know how the community reacted to CIA installation last year when it became freely available and if there are any precautions or things we can do now to understand the process before hastily installing CIAs

That's funny you're saying that because I'm right now working on something that would make you able to brick your console only if you turn it off during the process. You won't even be able to fail in the process of choosing your CIA. We're making it user-friendly.

Reactions: V3NUS_M1NER

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
That's funny you're saying that because I'm right now working on something that would make you able to brick your console only if you turn it off during the process. You won't even be able to fail in the process of choosing your CIA. We're making it user-friendly.
Will we be able to install and run unsigned CIAs?

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Have you managed to install a cia or anything else with your hack or it's still "theoritical" ? Because there's a chance that nothing will work (even if there are multiple ways of doing it), as we say in English, "don't count your chickens before they're hatched"

D

Deleted User

Have you managed to install a cia or anything else with your hack or it's still "theoritical" ? Because there's a chance that nothing will work (even if there are multiple ways of doing it), as we say in English, "don't count your chickens before they're hatched"
hto60 said nothings definite yet. He mentioned above he's hoping to have it out in December sometime, so just wait and find out.

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No lol. I'm hoping to have it out today lol

NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT, I just mean that if it is possible (as I completely agree with MasterLel), it won't take a very long time.

We may have something today or tomorrow tho. Not releasable but a PoC maybe.

Reactions: Deleted User

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
He seems very confident, before he was saying "Don't be too hyped we don't even know if it'll work." and now "there is litterally no way that it won't work.", so maybe they have achieved something (I hope)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We may have something today or tomorrow tho. Not releasable but a PoC maybe.

Great, can't wait !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc