Not open for further replies.

fekerin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! So, for reasons I won't waste anyone's time explaining, I want to restore an older SysNAND—the backup I made when I first hacked my 3Ds about two years ago is the only one I have, so it's obviously very old. Since then, my 3Ds has been updated, and... further hacked? But I'm under the impression that doesn't really matter. I don't know much about hacking but I figured as long as I have backups of my current SD card and SysNAND, nothing too bad can happen. To be honest, I don't know what restoring a SysNAND even does, but I was told that would fix a problem I'm having, and I also like the idea of having a fresh start as the other things I've tried in order to fix said problem have kind of made a mess of my SD card, and it just bugs me. I am okay with having to redo everything. If I have a backup of both my current SD card (along with all my game saves) and my current SysNAND, am I safe enough in case I do need to go back?
Anyway, I decided to take the chance, perhaps that was stupid, backed up everything I knew to, and followed the guide on 3ds.hacks.guide on restoring SysNAND (launch GM9, unmount SD card, put the .bin file in gm9/out, remount, press the home button, scripts>GM9Megascript>restore options>SysNAND restore (safe)), but when I tried, I got an error message saying "0:/gm9/out No usable entries found." I redid it several times and kept getting the same message.
Does anyone have any ideas on why it's doing this and how to fix it? Could it be because I'm using a different version of GM9 now? Maybe this is a sign that I should get help before I do this because I know restoring SysNANDs is pretty serious stuff! I just hope it's fixable.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watch S04E08 "The Vat of Acid" if you want to know what it's like restoring a very old SysNAND image.

Repair the 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! So, for reasons I won't waste anyone's time explaining, I want to restore an older SysNAND—the backup I made when I first hacked my 3Ds about two years ago is the only one I have, so it's obviously very old. Since then, my 3Ds has been updated, and... further hacked? But I'm under the impression that doesn't really matter. I don't know much about hacking but I figured as long as I have backups of my current SD card and SysNAND, nothing too bad can happen. To be honest, I don't know what restoring a SysNAND even does, but I was told that would fix a problem I'm having, and I also like the idea of having a fresh start as the other things I've tried in order to fix said problem have kind of made a mess of my SD card, and it just bugs me. I am okay with having to redo everything. If I have a backup of both my current SD card (along with all my game saves) and my current SysNAND, am I safe enough in case I do need to go back?
Anyway, I decided to take the chance, perhaps that was stupid, backed up everything I knew to, and followed the guide on 3ds.hacks.guide on restoring SysNAND (launch GM9, unmount SD card, put the .bin file in gm9/out, remount, press the home button, scripts>GM9Megascript>restore options>SysNAND restore (safe)), but when I tried, I got an error message saying "0:/gm9/out No usable entries found." I redid it several times and kept getting the same message.
Does anyone have any ideas on why it's doing this and how to fix it? Could it be because I'm using a different version of GM9 now? Maybe this is a sign that I should get help before I do this because I know restoring SysNANDs is pretty serious stuff! I just hope it's fixable.
There is no reason to restore a very old nand backup so what exactly is the problems your having?

fekerin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am stupid!! After some searching I literally just fixed my original problem somehow so there's no need for me to restore the old SysNAND after all. So sorry for wasting your time. Thank you for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.