Question trouble installing XCI/ NSP

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by AllMightsLeftHand, Sep 17, 2018.

1. AllMightsLeftHand
    OP

AllMightsLeftHand Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    Barbados
    new to the Switch scene.idk if this is even the right place to post this,I have SXOS and im having trouble installing some xcis/nsp. Legend of Zelda is giving me a tough time. I've downloaded some nsp, xci that work perfectly. DK(7gb) xci was fine so its not a size issue i think. Zelda wont work when trying files from even multiple sources. iv tried xci's and nsp's. on sxos gallery they show as white tiles and don't install(nsp) Zelda isnt the only game that does this but its my#1 priority to get zelda to work atm. Zelda Botw wouldn't even work after a dump from my personal copy when my mario odyssey dump worked. used the dumper that in homebrew shop. the dump shows up in sxos gallery with correct zelda picture but when i try to load it its says game cart cant be read error or something similar. Help?

Last edited by AllMightsLeftHand, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Not a very detailed background info on what you've done so I'll have to list out some of the possible things that may be going wrong.
    • Did you verify that your SD card isn't fake? White squares usually indicate a fake SD card. Use something such as h2testw or FakeFlashTest.
    • Did you check that the .NSP file is proper? Use NSPVerify to make sure it is legitimate or not.
    • Are you sure you have enough space on your SD card? If you're installing the .NSP file into the SD card, you need double the space of the .NSP file to install it
    • Have you tried using other title installers to see if the issue is not due to Rommenu (TX's title installer)? I cannot link DevMenu but you can try the free homebrew application, Tinfoil in the meantime

3. AllMightsLeftHand
    OP

AllMightsLeftHand Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    Barbados
    Thanks for the reply. SD Card is fake. would a fake card make even smaller(3-5)GB xci's,nsp's not work? or is it that fake SD card cannot handle large files like Zelda ? because i have some smaller sized games than the ones that do work but same issue as zelda.

Last edited by AllMightsLeftHand, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It depends on how big the SD card actually is, not the size it claims to be. Fake SD cards have a few tricks to make their size look bigger than they actually are and fake transfers of content that exceed its actual size. Its possible its true capacity is less than the size of Breath of the Wild so transferring it will never work because the SD card literally doesn't have enough space to hold it.