Trouble getting neo-ds working...

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by KOman, May 26, 2010.

May 26, 2010
  1. KOman
    OP

Newcomer KOman Advanced Member

United States
    So, I am trying to get this emulator working and am having a bit of trouble even converting the zip files containing the roms into the .neo format. I downloaded the universe bios version 1.0 and placed it into my neogeo.zip file. Afterwards, I used two NeoDS convert GUI programs to convert the zip files to neo format. I got errors using both the universe bios (bios 8) and the other bios options I selected. Can anyone explain what I may be doing wrong? Am I suppossed to rename the universe bios file to something specific before I place it in the neogeo.zip file? ANy help is appreciated,

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I've never used it before... but I'm pretty sure you need to EXTRACT the files from the zip before converting them.

.Zip and .RAR are archives. They pack and (usually) compress the files to a smaller size for ease of download.

3. KOman
    OP

United States
    The sticky in this forum said not to...

"2. You need to have the latest and complete MAME ROM set(s) in zipped form. Make certain that they are named correctly beforehand by the official build of MAME's standards, not NeoRAGEx or another emulator's compatible set.
    3. In the folder, /NeoDS/NeoDSConvert/, copy the neogeo.zip within and leave it there. Do not decompress.
    4. Copy the ROM you want to convert into the same folder. Again, do not decompress."

4. twiztidsinz

United States
    And you'll need to add "-bios8" to your command without the space I noticed in your post.

5. KOman
    OP

United States
    I can't get the damn Neo-DS emulator working either. I managed to successfully convert the mame roms to .neo format using the universe bios (-bios8) and put them in the root of my card. I also put the emulator in the root of my card and when I try to open it, the top screen turns white and the bottom screen turns black and nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated...

I am using a supercard dsonei if that helps...

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    Try DLDI patching the emulator?

7. KOman
    OP

United States
    I thought the dsonei auto DLDI patches the emulator?

8. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You could always check to make sure...its not like it hurts to place a little bit of doubt into business claims. (There once was someone who had a problem and it turned out to be because of auto dldi patching...his cart was patching it...but it was the wrong dldi o.0)

9. KOman
    OP

United States
    I just patched it with a supercard dldi patch and didn't have any luck with the patched emu...

10. aragon

Member aragon GBAtemp Regular

United States
  11. KOman
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I already converted the .zip roms to the .neo roms. I just can't get the emulator to work at this point and there doesn't appear to be anything addressing that on the thread...