Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I installed the driver. But the problem remains. Now the chip is no longer recognized at all. Strange.
Go to control panel and open device manager and see if it shows as a comport. Also maybe windows isn't assigning a drive letter. You can check that by going to windows administrative tools/computer management/disk management and manually assign a drive letter - then reboot your computer.

MastaG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem with my X86 RCM chip.
I've flashed the latest part 1 and part 2 from the OP using the Samd21 update payload.
Part_1_RCMX86_PERMA_CFW_Latest.uf2 first, then the drive resets.
RCMX86_INTERNAL.UF2 the second time.

Now the thing is working fine with the baked in Hekate and all.
But the problem I have is that whenever my switch booted into the Atmosphere CFW, the device isn't recognized in Windows 10.
It only seems to charge now.
The Same happens in Linux, it's unable to initialize.
Could it be that the chip is interfering or something?

MastaG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem with my X86 RCM chip.
I've flashed the latest part 1 and part 2 from the OP using the Samd21 update payload.
Part_1_RCMX86_PERMA_CFW_Latest.uf2 first, then the drive resets.
RCMX86_INTERNAL.UF2 the second time.

Now the thing is working fine with the baked in Hekate and all.
But the problem I have is that whenever my switch booted into the Atmosphere CFW, the device isn't recognized in Windows 10.
It only seems to charge now.
The Same happens in Linux, it's unable to initialize.
Could it be that the chip is interfering or something?

Nevermind, I'm a cow.
After trying two RCM chips I finally figured the USB D+ and D- wires were way too long.
I've refitted the chip behind the actual backplate and used shorter proper kynar wires.
I can now use USB mass storage again.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having issue with trinket install, it was working fine, the console died, and now when I try to boot the light flashes red > (pink)> green > red x5 times and then the screen stays black.

SOLVED: was able to fix my issue by re-flashing the trinket files by connecting my switch to the pc via usb/usbc cable.

Last edited by ninjistix, , Reason: problem solved.
Reactions: pablo67340

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I'm totally lost.

I had Trinket installed on a launch Switch. Worked fine, something happened (probably while fooling with the SD card using a Mac, and then trying to clean it up, to no avail. Can someone point me to an SD card setup that will work? Here's how it worked before:

Power by itself -> OFW (9.1)
Power and Vol+ -> CFW (Hekate I believe into Atmosphere with Emunand)

I can still get into OFW, but Power and Vol+ goes to a black screen.

I just got a RCM Loader and a jig, if that will help at all.

Surfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Today I tried to update my RCM-X86 modchip Switchboot to the latest version but when I connect the Switch to the PC by USB and make the reset of the modchip (double click) it doen´t appear on Windows, despite I hear the sound of connecting and disconnecting the usb.
What can be happening and how can I fix?

Thank you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Today I tried to update my RCM-X86 modchip Switchboot to the latest version but when I connect the Switch to the PC by USB and make the reset of the modchip (double click) it doen´t appear on Windows, despite I hear the sound of connecting and disconnecting the usb.
What can be happening and how can I fix?

Thank you

Try the double click and restarting the switch.

Reactions: Surfi

Surfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably bad ground, (D+/D-) soldering, most likely ground. I don't see the point of updating the switchboot on the chip, if it work leave it alone.

I just wanted to keep it updated, I did it a few times a year ago and there was not problem on my pc to recognize it but well, it works fine without updating so I will leave it as it is. Thank you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to keep it updated, I did it a few times a year ago and there was not problem on my pc to recognize it but well, it works fine without updating so I will leave it as it is. Thank you

If you can't get it to work even after double press (resetting the chip) and restarting from horizon OS, it is most likely soldering, according to mattytrog in the past, he stated it has to do with poor ground soldering.

Reactions: Surfi

Surfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you can't get it to work even after double press (resetting the chip) and restarting from horizon OS, it is most likely soldering, according to mattytrog in the past, he stated it has to do with poor ground soldering.

I have tried again restarting from horizon after resetting the chip and it worked! I must have done something wrong before. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Hayato213

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I converted the latest Hekate to .h file with some Windows application i found, confirmed it made it just like it was supposed to do, compiled it in arduino and then converted the output .bin to .uf2. It didn't do anything when i dropped it to the RCMX86.

I used this arduino script: https://github.com/Aboshi/SwitchME

I used python uf2conv.py main.ino.bin --base 0x40008000 --output hekate.uf2
Only thing so far i can think of why it didn't work was the base 0x40008000 address. I could not find any info about what to put there. I found that 40008000 on switchboot makefile "IPL_LOAD_ADDR := 0x40008000"

Any nudge to right direction? :blush:

Last edited by Quezacotl,

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yay! I succeeded.

https://github.com/euclala/fix_dongle
-Copy the files from that site
-Use binConverter.py use the one mrdude posted next to this post)
-Use the arduino script by following the guide.
-You will get an error about fuseebin. Change the line 302 to sendPayload(Hekate_Bin, Hekate_Bin_Size);
-Get the compiled .bin from arduino IDE (export or find on /tmp)
-Use uf2conv.py (python uf2conv.py <here the arduino build> --base 0x2000 --output <file name you wish>.uf2)

Here is the latest Hekate. Enjoy!
Confirmed working on RCMX86.
The support for different straps in controller by switchboot part 1 file. All of these payloads are "part 2", so no need to worry about those things.

Oh, and here's two ways to get into download mode;
A: Launch Samd21_Update.bin, screen goes black. Double click reset, insert USB.
B: Boot into Horizon. Insert USB. Go into sleep mode. Double click reset.
Option A has worked for me before, but lately for some reason not at all. I tried shortening the wires, adding thicker gnd, powering external 5V, but nothing. The i read about option B, and that works everytime!
Double click time can be like 0,5 to 1 second between the clicks and it still works, according to my tests.

Attachments

• hekate_5.6.3_payload.uf2.zip
    103.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by Quezacotl,
Reactions: HollowGrams

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
For those that use python 3.x (I'm using 3.9), I've updated the binConverter script to work on newer versions of python. It's set to change hekate for now but you can edit line 49 if you want to change to fusee.

Attachments

• binConverter.zip
    815 bytes · Views: 45

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...