Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What method do i need for the chip you installed for me a few months ago https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ide-files-support.508068/page-78#post-8326886
If you are happy how things are, you don`t need to fit any straps nor flash SWITCHBOOT.

Just drag Simple-UF2 over, favourite payload as "payload.bin" or whatever... Done.

I really must stress to everyone... If you have the old method 1 and it is working ok for you, you do not need to change. All of this crap that I am doing is purely optional.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Had a chance to test this. I am not getting the Joycon disconnect when hitting the reset. Looks like I have a problem with that strap. I’ll open it back up and see what happened. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry about the thread. I originally though it was the software. I thought maybe the .95 update was not working properly.

Ok new question.

When I update to 0.96. So I install both uf2 files again or just the simple uf2?

Just Simple-UF2.

SWITCHBOOT is once only. Unless you want to change from dual-boot to perma-boot or vice-versa.

normal19

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you are happy how things are, you don`t need to fit any straps nor flash SWITCHBOOT.

Just drag Simple-UF2 over, favourite payload as "payload.bin" or whatever... Done.

I really must stress to everyone... If you have the old method 1 and it is working ok for you, you do not need to change. All of this crap that I am doing is purely optional.
I do want the usb fix but at the same time i don't want to touch the modchip anymore at this point lol, thanks for the tip

I'm using autorcm with choudujour so I don't need the Switchboot, right

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do want the usb fix but at the same time i don't want to touch the modchip anymore at this point lol, thanks for the tip

I'm using autorcm with choudujour so I don't need the Switchboot, right
Correct. You can still use the USB fix. It is really easy to solder. Testpoint and a pad. Just be careful with those resistors around the testpoint :)

Reactions: normal19

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not sure Why but now I have mini-drain battery.

I powered off the console at 86% and in 10 hours battery is now at 78%.

I had 0% drain (in a few days) before the usb strap.

I'm charging to 100% for testing...

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure Why but now I have mini-drain battery.

I powered off the console at 86% and in 10 hours battery is now at 78%.

I had 0% drain (in a few days) before the usb strap.

I'm charging to 100% for testing...
There should be no drain as the Trinket / Switchme is completely powered off. The USB strap is left floating in the off state. When it isn`t plugged in or switched on, it is as though it isn`t even there.

Peculiar.

Reactions: josete2k

medievale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all, thank you so much for your great work and effort... now, my particular issue ;) . I am not able to put trinket m0 in "flasheable" mode. Trinket is configured with joycon strap (using dual boot) and right now usb strap also. The trinket has 0.9.4 version, and works normally, but i want to update this.

Edit: Nintendo switch in home screen, no USB c cable plug ... If i press the RST twice, it seems to have counted only once, the trinket ups and try to inject, so it works normally with each press of RST... :( what's wrong?

Thank you so much.

Last edited by medievale,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, thank you so much for your great work and effort... now, my particular issue ;) . I am not able to put trinket m0 in "flasheable" mode. Trinket is configured with joycon strap (using dual boot) and right now usb strap also. The trinket has 0.9.4 version, and works normally, but i want to update this.

Edit: Nintendo switch in home screen, no USB c cable plug ... If i press the RST twice, it seems to have counted only once, the trinket ups and try to inject, so it works normally with each press of RST... :( what's wrong?

Thank you so much.
Timing sir.

You need press, wait jalf a second, press again. Do it when unplugged... Red light should start "breathing". Once you see this breathing light, plug in to PC. SWITCHBOOT pops up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Updated SWITCHBOOT slightly.
  • In INFO_UF2.TXT, you will see something like this example:
UF2 Bootloader - (JOYCON -ON)(VOL UP -OFF) DUAL BOOT. REBUG SWITCHME

Also uploaded BIN, update BIN and INO arduino images of SWITCHBOOT.

Worth a look

Cheers
Matty

Reactions: Dougiejones

medievale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So ... do you recommend to make SWITCHBOOT flash (SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON.uf2) and then UF2 BOOTLOADER (TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V096.UF2) again?

many thanks!

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So ... do you recommend to make SWITCHBOOT flash (SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON.uf2) and then UF2 BOOTLOADER (TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V096.UF2) again?

many thanks!

Depends what straps you have fitted. If you have none fitted, you don`t need SWITCHBOOT at all.

But yes. The order goes... SWITCHBOOT first, then Simple-UF2.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks mattytrog, so i have fitted joycon and usb-c strap ... What should I do then?
If it is working fine, you don`t need to do anything. It isn`t compulsory to update.

Just boot to Horizon (switch home screen), disconnect from USB, double-press RESET until LED on chip is breathing, plug in. Thats it.

SWITCHBOOT first, then Simple-UF2.

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattytrog i'm gonna try this upgraded SWITCHBOOT bootloader in a few moment thank you.
I will have just one question if it's not abused :
If one day i want to try another CFW than SX OS (by keeping it) would it be possible to make a UF2 that allows
CFW selection with a button combo ? Apart from grounded Trinket's pins manually ?

Last edited by Dougiejones,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog i'm gonna try this upgraded SWITCHBOOT bootloader in a few moment thank you.
I will have just one question if it's not abused :
If one day i want to try other CFW than SX OS (by keeping it) would it be possible to make a UF2 that allows
CFW selection with a button combo ? Apart from grounded Trinket's pins manually ?
It is possible.
What I`d do is change mode on your chip.

Change to mode 2.
Then each time payload push fails (for example you are booted into Switch OS Horizon), the payload will increase. So, in practice, all you havew to do is...
Once booted, press reset on your modchip and there will be two flashes for payload2.bin, 3 flashes for payload3.bin

All you need to do is change to mode 2, rename current payload "payload1.bin", your new one as "payload2.bin" and a third if you like "payload3.bin" If one of them isn`t found, Hekate menu will show.

The chip will cycle round the 3 payloads. Or just add more to SD root and select from Hekate... Rename "payload.bin" to something else though as it will catch this by default every time.

@Dougiejones

I was thinking of using vol+ for payload increase (of course this would also turn volume up)... BUT...

I was thinking of having it so the payload increase would only work when USB was plugged in. Any USB adapter or whatever,. Rest of time, it wouldn`t.

Last edited by mattytrog,
Reactions: Dougiejones

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible.
What I`d do is change mode on your chip.

Change to mode 2.

To change modes, hex-edit the offset that I haven`t posted yet. Someone remind me please!!!

I'm confused between MODEPIN and PAYLOADPIN but it doesn't matter. Can i change the MODEPIN by Hex editing ? Which file ? Switchboot or Simple UF2 ?
(I bet on Switchboot)===> No luck I'm sure now it's Simple UF2
I'm the one who remind ;)

I was thinking of using vol+ for payload increase (of course this would also turn volume up)... BUT...
I was thinking of having it so the payload increase would only work when USB was plugged in. Any USB adapter or whatever,. Rest of time, it wouldn`t.

It would be great but why not using the vol- instead to avoid interference with SX OS option Menu ?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm confused between MODEPIN and PAYLOADPIN but it doesn't matter. Can i change the MODEPIN by Hex editing ? Which file ? Switchboot or Simple UF2 ?

It would be great but why not using the vol- instead to avoid interference with SX OS option Menu ?

vol- needs fitting another strap.
Will get you the offset shortly. And regarding interfering with SXOS... If you unplug from USB it wouldn`t. When I say USB, I mean anything USB. Anything that is alerting the USB strap. Can be phone, charger, computer anything.

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vol- needs fitting another strap.
You're completely right. Of course.

Will get you the offset shortly. And regarding interfering with SXOS... If you unplug from USB it wouldn`t. When I say USB, I mean anything USB. Anything that is alerting the USB strap. Can be phone, charger, computer anything.
THX a lot very nice. And regarding your payload's increase idea it's fantastic !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking raining again