Hacking triiforce mrc

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
AdamBrunt said:
2 noobie questions:

1) How easy is it to change the background image, text colours, etc for this ?

2) Does online play work if the Wiiware game is played through triiforce ?

You have to recomplile the changed background image into the source, its not changeable outside that

Wifi does not work through triiforce, im not sure exactly why, anybody know?

Thanks for the replies.

Another noob question, after putting a few wads through ShowMiiWads and changing their region SOME of them are freezing on a black/green screen.

What is normally the cause of this ? I would put it down to the games being incompatible with Triiforce but one of the non-working ones is You, Me and the Cubes which according the OP works.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten Triiforce to work on a 2tb WD drive. Let me explain a little. I have a 1tb WD drive with a 12gb fat32 partition and i set up triiforce with all the games and everything works fine. I even went ahead and made forwarding dols so i can boot the games through Config USB. I have it set up really nice. Works perfect. I took all the data from the 1tb drive and transferred to 2tb drive. Same 12gb fat32 partition with same cluster size as the 1tb. Now when i start triiforce, it just tells me, i think it was, can't find filelist. Now what i have come up with is that WD is using an "advanced format" that is the only thing i can think it is. Has anyone Figured this out yet? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.

jeanrmarques

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bd3319 said:
Has anyone gotten Triiforce to work on a 2tb WD drive. Let me explain a little. I have a 1tb WD drive with a 12gb fat32 partition and i set up triiforce with all the games and everything works fine. I even went ahead and made forwarding dols so i can boot the games through Config USB. I have it set up really nice. Works perfect. I took all the data from the 1tb drive and transferred to 2tb drive. Same 12gb fat32 partition with same cluster size as the 1tb. Now when i start triiforce, it just tells me, i think it was, can't find filelist. Now what i have come up with is that WD is using an "advanced format" that is the only thing i can think it is. Has anyone Figured this out yet? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is the 12gb partition set as primary AND active?

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jeanrmarques said:
bd3319 said:

Is the 12gb partition set as primary AND active?
Yes

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kallstar said:
Hi guys,

The old forwarders are now history. I created a new complete NTSC-U Forwarder set that should now work in USB Loader GX as well. These forwarders are 2stage forwarders. The iso will load a dol file in usb/Forwarder/Wiiware/xxxx.dol which will then load the wiiware title. These are the more advanced forwarders that should hopefully be future proof incase major changes are made to triiforce. Because instead of having to recreate all the iso's AGAIN, a simple batch file could be used to create new dols for the forwarder/wiiware folder. Both the dol and forwarder iso needs to be present on the hdd for these new forwarder iso's to function. Bellow is a pack with the folder structure you should see on the root of your hdd.

Individual forwarder iso's will take a while for me to get up because it will require a lot of moving around. The old forwarders can still be found in my mediafire shares and i will leave the mirrors up but its advisable that everyone switch over to the new ones. Also the old ones seem to be broken with cios38rev17 but these new ones work great
smile.gif

I'm also pretty sure that the combination of cios38rev17 slightly increases wiiware compatibility. I was able to start Adventure Island The Beginning without it freezing but i'm not sure if it was due to the updated cios.

These new forwarders also seemed to compress better.
smile.gif

The TitleIDs now also have WW- added in it so even if you choose not to paste the wiiware names to the end of your titles.txt file it should still show up at the bottom of your games list with ww- infront. In addition to this the folders are also named in a manner which give configurable USB Loader the full name since there is a character limit for iso names.

My Main Mediafire Share folder
Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISO's 2parts - 182mb total
(Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISOs 01.18.2010.part1.rar
(Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISOs 01.18.2010.part2.rar

Is Kallstar still around at all? I would like to know how he made these forwader iso's, The ones i get with programs here are 33~ MB each which is ALOT larger than these are, Anyone have any idea?
unsure.gif

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have an update to my problem. The dump code i posted before i'm sure is just from the forwarder for triiforce. No big deal. What i have discovered is.... I loaded my nand on an SD card and loaded a few games on it. They worked fine. I then plugged my usb drive in that also has a nand backup on it and booted to my Sd card's nand backup again. This time it wouldn't work. Getting same error, can't find title list. Now i'm thinking Triiforce will just not work with this drive plugged in. So i uplugged the drive and booted to SD again to make sure it still works. It did. I then deleted the apps/Triiforce folder off my usb drive and booted into Triiforce from SD card's nand. This time it worked. I then tried booting triiforce from SD card and then loading USB nand and then again i get the can't find file list error. I have tried everything i can think of to load the nand from usb but it just won't. My drive is fine. I load Config usb loader fine. It has to be something in the Triiforce program that will not work with this drive. BTW I also get the same results from 2 different 2tb WD drives. I have successfully ran triforce with a 250gb drive and a 1tb drive. So it not working is not because i don't know what i'm doing. Thanks for any help.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Kallstar still around at all? I would like to know how he made these forwader iso's, The ones i get with programs here are 33~ MB each which is ALOT larger than these are, Anyone have any idea?
unsure.gif

[/quote]

The forwarders you made, run them through Wii game manager. I changed from ISO to wbfs files and it worked great. The wbfs files turn out to 4 mb each.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bd3319 said:
The forwarders you made, run them through Wii game manager. I changed from ISO to wbfs files and it worked great. The wbfs files turn out to 4 mb each.

I had actually just did that before you posted to test it out, i got 4MB files as well, That is ALOT better, thanks so much for the info
grog.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
I don't get the point of triforce. Wii already have a place to play the games from.

If you mean the Wii system memory then you're right, as long as you're happy with only having 2 or 3 VC/Wiiware titles installed at any one time. With triiforce, the number of VC/Wiiware titles you can have installed is only limited by the size of the SD or USB HDD.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some more testing out of couriosity

I opend up kallstars .iso files with wii game manager by pccfatman and made them .wbfs files and they come out as 4MB files, but the original .iso files of his are only 2MB each

Is there an option in this program to keep them ISO's like his or another program, or perhaps is this done by scrubbing them in wiiscrubber?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
another app u could use is wiibackup manager...

of course u could always just copy the ISO's to the wbfs folder, the wii can play .wbfs files and .ISO files (these files can also be scrubbed/sparsed respectively to take up less space, wii backup manager does this automatically, not sure about wii game manager though)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
another app u could use is wiibackup manager...

of course u could always just copy the ISO's to the wbfs folder, the wii can play .wbfs files and .ISO files (these files can also be scrubbed/sparsed respectively to take up less space, wii backup manager does this automatically, not sure about wii game manager though)
Thanks ill look this up now and try it out.

Also i tried out Wii scrubber (Ive not used this prog before so maybe i muffed it up) but i clicked scrub on the 32MB iso made with 3iso studios and i got exact same size iso result, i hit trim instead and i got 1MB.iso file, not sure if it works though im not at home to test, the.iso is for Mega Man 10

EDIT: I tried wii backup manager and when i open the 32MB iso it says size is 2MB (matching what Kallstars are) I extract to .iso (my mistake lol) 4.37GB ,extract to .wbfs its 4MB like all others, but when i extract to .ciso its 2MB

Dont wanna spam this thread anymore but i am going to test out all these .iso's ive made and see whats the smallest one that actually still works and ill post results here

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've tested all 3 programs out now, the 1MB trimmed/scrubbed ISO i get from wiiscrubber will not show up in USB Loader GX, most likely cause it took stuff out that it should not have, the best i got was the .wbfs file 4MB working 100%

The thing that baffles me is when i open the 32~ MB iso in any of the wii game manager programs it says ISO size 2MB but i cant get it to create an iso that is actually 2MB, only ciso (which isnt supported by all loaders) so i dont want that, Anybody know more about how these iso's might get scrubbed?

felipeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres is how i do:
1- Get the original iso from kallstar (any)
2- Get the main.dol from .iso (using Wiiscruber)
3- Using an hexdecimal program i change (find and replace) the ID of the game to the new ID (ShowMiiWads to know it)
4- Put main.dol back to the iso
5- get the forwarder GAMEID.DOL rename and replace its ID with hexdecimal program again

And it works, iso stay the same size... I'm pretty sure kalstar made this tutorial...

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
felipeko said:
Heres is how i do:
1- Get the original iso from kallstar (any)
2- Get the main.dol from .iso (using Wiiscruber)
3- Using an hexdecimal program i change (find and replace) the ID of the game to the new ID (ShowMiiWads to know it)
4- Put main.dol back to the iso
5- get the forwarder GAMEID.DOL rename and replace its ID with hexdecimal program again

And it works, iso stay the same size... I'm pretty sure kalstar made this tutorial...

Thanks for the info but unfortunately its not what im looking for, kallstars iso's had the SD bug in them (If you have an SD the forwarder folder HAS to be on SD or it crashes) and im trying to get them running 100% from USB HDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol