Hacking TriiForce beta testing

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you HAVE to load simple fs dumper or fstoolbox WITH A cIOS ! many people dont do it and get errors on dumping files :/

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
why does triforce also list the titles that are on the front sd card instead of just the ones that are on the selected emulated nand?
If I try to run such a title that is on sd, it says something about a missing dol

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used NAND Dumper to create a "Backup Fileset", placed it on USB in the root.
Installed WiiWare: FUN Minigolf.... and it works like a charm.

Nice Work !

My Wii is on 4.1E, with CIOS14
BootMii in /boot2 and
Preloader installed

Edit: Btw: Wadmanager 1.5 crashed after the WAD-install on USB-NAND, but I think its normal behaviour - right?
Edit2: Also exiting the game lets my Wii crash (black screen, Power LED green)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
supagusti said:
Edit: Btw: Wadmanager 1.5 crashed after the WAD-install on USB-NAND, but I think its normal behaviour - right?
Edit2: Also exiting the game lets my Wii crash (black screen, Power LED green)
Was answered before...in both cases you are in the NAND-Emu, and if you want to return to the Menu, it tries to do that with the Emulated one (not the one on the real NAND). This simply doesn't work yet, will maybe work with cIOS rev15. Just turn off your Wii.

@nicksasa: Disc Loader in Emu-Mode? OMG...well, keep it up...(Man...what is now left on the hacking-Side...nearly nothing..)

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Blue-K said:
Was answered before...in both cases you are in the NAND-Emu, and if you want to return to the Menu, it tries to do that with the Emulated one (not the one on the real NAND).

As I thought, thanx for the info.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
yes i had that even before we i had emu support in triiforce (we already had it working on 04/08/2009 so)
Pics or it didn't happen.
Sorry, this joke had to be made. Butz I don't get at the moment what nand emu in a disc-loader should be, Neogamma mixed with Triiforce (a disc loader that can emulate the nand) or what do you mean?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that World of Goo and Megaman 9 (NTSC-U) both work flawlessly when using an emulated NAND on the SD card (using the default video settings). However, I have had no luck with Lostwinds - the game freezes up just before the title screen is displayed (i.e. the screen where you need to press A+B and then select your saved game). For those of you having trouble, I can report that things started working for me once I replaced preloader with startpatch - then I backed up the NAND using simple FS dumper and all has been well ever since.

Quick question - can game saves on the emulated NAND be easily transferred to the wii and vice-versa?

Thanks for all the fantastic work wiipower, nicksasa, and lemon man!!
grog.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
mousex said:
nicksasa said:
yes i had that even before we i had emu support in triiforce (we already had it working on 04/08/2009 so)
Pics or it didn't happen.
Sorry, this joke had to be made. Butz I don't get at the moment what nand emu in a disc-loader should be, Neogamma mixed with Triiforce (a disc loader that can emulate the nand) or what do you mean?

NAND emu + disc means that the saves for the games are stored on USB/SD. They can be read and wrote to as normal without filling up your VERY limited real nand space. Also you could patch the IOS on the emulated nand to get around some "trouble games". It has lots of other plus points but I won't explain them all as it's a long way off before we see a release of sometihng like this.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
also DLC works from usb/sd with emulated nand in a disc loader , but its not really working great (freezes etc) so ...

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
holy fuck how did i miss this it's like it just came out of nowhere! yeah now we don't have to wait for rev15!
tongue.gif

I think you might need to wait on rev15 until you get USB/DVD/SD game loaders including the nand emu code imho.

skid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will it be possible for triiforce to start up the system menu with the emulated nand?

In the future, could we get preloader to start up triiforce which in turn starts up the system menu so that we would never need to touch the real nand again?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
skid said:
Will it be possible for triiforce to start up the system menu with the emulated nand?

In the future, could we get preloader to start up triiforce which in turn starts up the system menu so that we would never need to touch the real nand again?

Triiforce launches channels, your wanting something different. Other apps in the future will do sometihng to like what your asking for but I doubt Triiforce will as it's aim is just to launch channels.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
freddyc said:
nicksasa said:
because it couldnt read the name

Why is that? How do i change the name after installation?
And its only 1 ????? not 3, i installed 3 wads.

Im having the same problem... but i think when push right/left to change game it appear a diferent "????" but looks like just one because have the same unknow name... isnt it?

This afternoon more testing

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sr_corsario said:
freddyc said:
nicksasa said:
because it couldnt read the name

Why is that? How do i change the name after installation?
And its only 1 ????? not 3, i installed 3 wads.

Im having the same problem... but i think when push right/left to change game it appear a diferent "????" but looks like just one because have the same unknow name... isnt it?

This afternoon more testing

I'm pretty sure you are having this problem because you have preloader installed. I was seeing "???" with preloader installed, but when I uninstalled preloader and replaced it with StartPatch, the names of my wiiware games were displayed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica