Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lafie said:
kedest said:
so i'm on sysmenu 4.1. I've already played a lot of wiiware/vc games and they have save files.
how can I transfer those to the emulated nand?

When you dump your NAND, the save games are dumped along with it. So if you dump your NAND now and put it on a usb device or sd card, when you then run your wiiware/vc games from that emulated nand, you'll have your saves.

ah of course, that does make sense. Thanks.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
waninkoko is supporting us so ...
this IS nand emu, i dont know what you peepz can expect more (exept nand emu in a disc loader, wich i already have ...)

gimme
tongue.gif

In the future we should get reading and writing to save files on SD/USB for Wii games too, this will mean our NANDS can stay virtually empty. Our emulated NANDs can contain patched and modded files (IOS etc) so many different ways to overcome some compatability issues etc too.

For a long time one of my kids Wii's has been a real pita because they happen to like games with mostly 127+ blocks save files (umpteen sims games, ssbb and a few others). So I'm constanly needing to "juggle" and keep track of save files.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dumping my NAND now. Will test this and update my post with results.

NAND emulator FTW!

shame on you nintendo with your measly 500mb of storage.
lecture.gif

EDIT: When I try to mount the NAND I get the ERROR! (ret = -1)

Stuck here.....

should I format my SD card and leave only the dump files in the root and APPS and WAD folder with appropriate files inside?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, so I tested a game (Yoshi's Story) from emulated nand and it's working perfectly.

One thing I don't understand though. When triforce starts, I select USB as nand device. So I would only expect Yoshi's Story to be there, as that is the only game I've installed to the emulated nand using wad manager 1.5. But in the list it then also displays all the vc/wiiware titles that are on sd card in the front sd slot. Normally I use 4.1's SD menu to run them. So I was surprised to see them in triforce's menu. I tried to run them, but it complains about a missing dol file. So how exactly does that work?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some more of an update from my compatibility with Triiforce. I made a forwarder channel to allow testing to be faster. (You guys earned a channel on my Wii. Be proud of yourselves. lol)

Anyway, Contra Rebirth also works without any special settings on my NTSC-U Wii despite the game being Japanese, which is good. I can also run Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Mega Man 9 with DLC, and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years with DLC. All of these are from the same region, and all run without flaw. I may test more soon as well.

Excellent work! I hope future versions continue this excellence.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:

Stuck here.....

should I format my SD card and leave only the dump files in the root and APPS and WAD folder with appropriate files inside?
Good luck getting an answer for that. I'm getting the same thing but nobody wants to explain folder structure.

EDIT: I believe that is a missing files error, so I believe we got something in the wrong place

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Digital1980 said:

Stuck here.....

Good luck getting an answer for that. I'm getting the same thing but nobody wants to explain folder structure.

I'll try to explain this the best that I can.

First, get fstoolbox or some nand dumper. Bootmii won't work.

Then, dump the nand. In fstoolbox it should be a matter of hitting 1 once or twice, then waiting for it to copy everything to the sd card.

Now, go to the folder containing the nand dump. If you used fstoolbox, it should just be called that. Then, just cut everything in that folder, and put it onto the root of whatever device you want to use the nand emu with.

You should be able to use both Wad Manager and Triiforce after doing that.

So, the folder structure is the same as that in the nand. You just have it all in the root instead of some other folder.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done just that and I am getting a -1 error

this is what my current file structure looks like

usb:/wad/wog.wad

usb:/shared1
usb:/shared2
usb:/sys
usb:/ticket
usb:/title
usb:/tmp
usb:/import
usb:/meta

skid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tested with a PAL Wii (equivalent to a LU64+) with a NAND Dump using zestig to the root of a USB HDD, FAT32 partition. Game tested was Bubble Bobble Plus PAL wad. Installed using WAD Manager 1.5 and cIOS rev14. TriiForce beta 4 worked fine to start the game.

In TriiForce, I got the "????" title which is expected (it is preloader).

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Digital1980 said:

Stuck here.....

EDIT: I believe that is a missing files error, so I believe we got something in the wrong place

s3phir0th115 said:
ChokeD said:
QUOTE(Digital1980 @ Aug 15 2009, 05:55 PM)

Stuck here.....

I'll try to explain this the best that I can.

First, get fstoolbox or some nand dumper. Bootmii won't work.

Then, dump the nand. In fstoolbox it should be a matter of hitting 1 once or twice, then waiting for it to copy everything to the sd card.

Now, go to the folder containing the nand dump. If you used fstoolbox, it should just be called that. Then, just cut everything in that folder, and put it onto the root of whatever device you want to use the nand emu with.

You should be able to use both Wad Manager and Triiforce after doing that.

So, the folder structure is the same as that in the nand. You just have it all in the root instead of some other folder.

Good to know I'm not the only one having this problem.

Tried reformatting and putting only the necessary files on my SD card (not SDHC) and still a no go.

Thanks for your input and things you have tried so far.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triiforce 0.4

loading...error: could not get dir entry count! (result: -1)
reading folder /title/00010001 failed
error getting the title list
press any button to contine (

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it's a cIOS problem. Not all usb devices work perfectly with the Wii. My Wii's external USB HD for the usb game loader won't work on anything except the latest cIOS by hermes with his uloader.

See if any other USB device you have works.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
Perhaps it's a cIOS problem. Not all usb devices work perfectly with the Wii. My Wii's external USB HD for the usb game loader won't work on anything except the latest cIOS by hermes with his uloader.

See if any other USB device you have works.
I tried sd(regular) got same thing with my sd, I don't have another hd or usb thumb to try. 1.5 wad manager is giving me fits also returning with a -1 error when loading source. it allows me to select nand from the 2.0 USB mass storage device and/or mass storage device options and then gives me an error when selecting either of the sources.

Think I'm going to try dumping my nand again

EDIT: I got 222 installed and I never have had a problem with my HD and GX loader

I REALLY appreciate your replies and feedback, Thank you very much. I'm off to dump again and start from scratch and see what I can come up with.

EDIT: cios problem, I don't think so cause the 0.3 beta worked great when I used it for my already installed channels.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More testing results. This thing can truly load anything I throw at it.

Here are what I've got loading that I tried:

Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64,Star Fox 64,Paper Mario,Sin & Punishment,Kirby 64,Mario Golf, and Water Warfare.

All of these are from my region (NTSC-U), and all load without flaw.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first dump was with fsdumper,(dumped successful then failed at everything below)

I finally got the sd to work by redumping with fstoolbox v.03......it will dump into a folder named /FSTOOLBOX and I took the folders out of that and put them in the root of the sd and USB.

Then go to triiforce and select sd/nand and I could only run the wads I had already installed on the wii to begin with.

Then go to triiforce and select USB/nand and it returned -1 error with the same nand I used from working sd.

same folder structure same everything,

I can not install any wads into the sd/nand with wad manager because it says it can not mount it.

I can not do anything still with the usb, gives the -1 error and wad manager won't mount it either.

I can play the sd/nand with wads that were already installed on the nand when I dumped it, but that's it.

HD compatibility problem with rev14 ???? that's what I'm thinking. but then why can't I install wad into nand on sd if I can play wads off the pre-dumped sd/nand ???

OH also everything I play off the sd preloaded into nand and then dumped and put on the sd is exiting into a froze wii with black screen.

I am trying to help beta test and report whether it's appreciated or not.

3.2u menu
rev14
wadmanager1.5
triiforce 0.4

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the -1 error depends on what device you try to use for NAND Emu and as Source or if the files from nand are found on the device.
In Wad Manager 1.5 for example if you choose USB you can´t install from USB but SD Card works and it´s the same the other way around.
That´s because the NAND device you choose is hooked as the real NAND and while it is used as NAND you can´t access the device unless you disable the NAND Emulation (not totally sure about it but it´s just what i saw in nand.c/h).

Anyway i had two problems with triiforce if i try to start a game from my region i only saw the message that something with the disc went wrong and if i tried a second time to use triiforce with SD as NAND i got a codedump with USB it works fine except of the starting problem.

Wii is on FW 4.1E with cIOS14 (of course
wink.gif
) and i don´t use cioscorp or softmii.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Well the -1 error depends on what device you try to use for NAND Emu and as Source or if the files from nand are found on the device.
In Wad Manager 1.5 for example if you choose USB you can´t install from USB but SD Card works and it´s the same the other way around.
That´s because the NAND device you choose is hooked as the real NAND and while it is used as NAND you can´t access the device unless you disable the NAND Emulation (not totally sure about it but it´s just what i saw in nand.c/h).

Anyway i had two problems with triiforce if i try to start a game from my region i only saw the message that something with the disc went wrong and if i tried a second time to use triiforce with SD as NAND i got a codedump with USB it works fine except of the starting problem.

Wii is on FW 4.1E with cIOS14 (of course
wink.gif
) and i don´t use cioscorp or softmii.
Thank you for the quality answer/conclusion from research on the issue at hand. I thought I read somewhere you couldn't load and/or install from the same source/storage of nand but I wasn't to sure of specifics. It's really refreshing to see someone has the time to bring facts to the table. I can't read but about half of the source and really understand it, but I can't say I looked at this source at all.
smile.gif

my facts:

Wad manager1.5

select ios version to use: ios249
select NAND emulator device: (my nand is here)
select source device: < no matter what I choose "Mounting device, please wait... ERROR!(ret = -1)
and of course

Press any button to continue
smile.gif

I've tried the exact same thing in reverse, USBSD and I've gotten the same messages transferring all the files from sd to hd and vise versa.

Now Ive dumped the nand 2 times, the first drew a bunch of errors with simple fsdumper on titles that were pre-installed wads and the dump didn't work.(error isfs_OpenFile/Title/00000001/ error -101

The 2nd dump I changed nothing about the wii or sd except for fstoolbox v.03 and It would play the predump installed wads included with the dump only and would not do anything described in the 1st dump, -1 error with 1.5 wadmanager not mounting error.

The 3rd dump I said, "lets do something different" I took any title deleter and deleted all titles in the gaming channels installed directory, semi thinking I'll cut down on the errors and clean up the nand. I even deleted HBC(HAXX) and all.
smile.gif
well I ran another dump with fstoolbox v.03 and now it dumps with no errors at all but now it code dumps when it gets to the end and it says "Dumping Complete, returning to menu of fstoolbox v.03" and it code dumps and freezes.

I have had cioscorp on my wii couple weeks ago but it was on 4.1 and downgraded to 3.2U with wanin's downgrader after the testing was done and installed rev14, hermes 222,223 since. I even replaced 15. There isn't anything I can't play at the moment either USB or disc so I don't know what's going on but I can't rule out my software being the cause, I had cioscorp installed and yes I know what some of you think about cioscorp and that's why I have 2 wii's, I'll like to take risks and test different stuff at least for shits and giggles.
smile.gif

So I think I'm going to have a go at it on my other wii that has never been touched. I'll have to install rev14 and 222 on it but then we'll see. The other wii is a virgin 3.2 wii with HBC and Bootmii on it. That's it nothing else. I'm gonna see about dumping it and see what happens.

OK..... It's an hour or so later........ same crap, different wii. Has to be the hd or rev14 compatibility, if not I don't know.

I'm going to bed. I'll do some more tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1