Hacking Tried downgrading from 10.0.1 to 4.1.0 and bricked

MulticonsoleGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a little interested in the homebrew emulation scene on the Switch, so I'd figure to try it out. Modding the switch was easy (even if it took over a day) it's just downgrading that ended up bricking my switch. I followed all the guides and everything, but I guess that I tried downgrading too far and it bricked it. No matter if I try booing into Atmosphere or just the OFW (original Firmware.) As in the thread title, I was on 10.0.1 and tried going all the way down to 4.1.0 because I noticed that most of the available homebrew is on fw9.0.1 or 9.1.0. I would of went directly to 9.1.0 (feels like that fw was around forever) but I read somewhere that ChoiDujour didn't play well with any fw between 6.0.1 and 9.1.0. I backed up all the necessary files onto my computer, but as I was transferring the partitions file to my laptop and deleted off the sd card, my laptop crashed and now I don't have the partitions file to actually stitch the rawnand.bat.# (0-14) files together. If someone can supply that partition file that I need and walk me though restoring my switch, it will be greatly appreciated.

Wika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Happens when you try to boot Atmosphere?

If you have a copy (Or can get a copy of) your prod.info I believe you can rebuild your entire nand.
If you used Atmo, you should have a backup on your sd card

"/atmosphere/automatic_backups/PRODINFO.bin"

Last edited by Wika,

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Download the 10.0.1 firmware and do an RCM boot into ChoiDujourNX. Upgrade your firmware back to 10.0.1 and your Switch should be able to boot.

When you upgrade hardware fuses get blown automatically so you can't run a lower OFW than what you had before you hacked. CFW can patch the fuse checks and boot. But I recommend getting back to 10.0.1 and having a working state before messing with anything else. Then get new partition backups and put them in a safe place that isn't going to crash. Keep two copies on different devices even.

MulticonsoleGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Happens when you try to boot Atmosphere?

If you have a copy (Or can get a copy of) your prod.info I believe you can rebuild your entire nand.
If you used Atmo, you should have a backup on your sd card

"/atmosphere/automatic_backups/PRODINFO.bin"

Well, Something used to pop up, whether or not in cfw or not, but it just blackscreens, but it used to show 2002-4315.

I just pulled out my sd card from my switch and i can confirm that the PRODINFO.bin is in the /atmosphere/autimatic_backups

Last edited by MulticonsoleGamer,

MulticonsoleGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the 10.0.1 firmware and do an RCM boot into ChoiDujourNX. Upgrade your firmware back to 10.0.1 and your Switch should be able to boot.

When you upgrade hardware fuses get blown automatically so you can't run a lower OFW than what you had before you hacked. CFW can patch the fuse checks and boot. But I recommend getting back to 10.0.1 and having a working state before messing with anything else. Then get new partition backups and put them in a safe place that isn't going to crash. Keep two copies on different devices even.

I thought in order to boot into ChoiDujourNX you need to be able to boot into Atmosphere and every time that I try, it just flat out blackscreens

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought...what if someone was in this position and was trying to sell this device as not working...could u get it back in order without anything?

AD2076

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Use Hekate to clone your "bricked" sysNAND into emuMMC.
Try and boot the emuMMC, if it does then your switch is not bricked, is just burnt fuses.
You can use Hekate to boot to sysNAND too, it avoids fuses check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.