Hardware Trick PC into thinking I have 360 controller

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While cruising around the temp I noticed someone mention that there was a program that basically run on your PC and makes it think that any Joypad you have connected is a 360 Joypad, which obviously opens up generic joypad support to a lot more games.

I cant find the post I read anywhere so I was hoping that someone could enlighten me to the name of the program and where I could get it from. If I remember correctly it began with a M.

Thanks in advance guys

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Proper analogue stuff is nice I know, but might it instead be worth coming the other way and using joy2key or an equivalent to turn your pad into what the computer thinks is a keyboard?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What you were thinking about might have been MotionInJoy, that makes the PC think a PS3 controller is an Xbox 360 one. It only works with PS3 controllers AFAIK though.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just be aware that numerous console-ports on the PC will force[/i] their Xbox control schemes on you if the game detects an Xbox 360 controller. If all you're wanting is joypad support, go the route of Joy2Key, which offers more customization/optimization in layouts. Otherwise, when you do run into a rogue game that forces the controls (the latest being Borderlands 2), you may sometimes have no other choice but to use their setup.

This isn't too bad for most players, but for my disabled brother, who uses Joy2Key to play his games and control his computer, the forced-controls often lock him out of ever enjoying the game, as not all the buttons are accessible to him, and some of the forced games don't allow customization of the layouts.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Borderlands 2 allows layout change, it just takes a bit to set up, have to edit Init and junk.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The thing is, when most PC games detect an xbox360 controller, automatically set the right buttons and axes for you, and instead of getting keyboard bindings icons during tutorials or gameplay, you get the corresponding 360 controller layout and buttons, which is much better then tab, ctrl, enter and so on.

Therefore I would recommend the xbox360 ce, once you set up your controller in the ini file (AND YOU CAN SET IT UP ANY WAY YOU WANT, ASSIGN YOUR buttons to whatever 360 controller button you prefer ) then you'll be all set for every game.
And not unlike joy2key, you can customize your button presses ( in case the game doesn't allow the remapping ) and still the game will think you are using a 360 controller.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will get a 360 controller when I have some spare cash as they are nice controllers but for stuff like walking dead, and the FF7 re-release I think i'll just use joy2key, I like the versatility of it more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks