Reactions: slaphappygamer

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We don't have halloween in Poland tho, just some boring religious thingy where we go to cementary to pay respects to dead, and while it's a good thing to remember dead, you can do it anytime, so it doesn't feel special in any particual way, in fact me and my family just visited it last week instead.

One thing that i actually like about it is to go to the cementary once it gets dark, you can see all the candles in dark and it looks really pretty, too bad that we have corona shit.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did a trick or treat with my daughter in a couple of houses. I had arranged beforehand with my neighbours and got them a few jelly candies to give us when we came over.

At the arranged time, away we went and my neighbours were quite happy to be a part of it. They lost their minds and bought even more candy!

My daughter loved it, and I was happy.

We don't have the Halloween like in the USA, but I figured we'd do something special because this year kids need some happy events.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I did a trick or treat with my daughter in a couple of houses. I had arranged beforehand with my neighbours and got them a few jelly candies to give us when we came over.

At the arranged time, away we went and my neighbours were quite happy to be a part of it. They lost their minds and bought even more candy!

My daughter loved it, and I was happy.

We don't have the Halloween like in the USA, but I figured we'd do something special because this year kids need some happy events.

That's a great way of making it happen for the children! I'm sure your kid had a good time! What about "Bolinho"? Did they cancel it this year? :unsure:

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's a great way of making it happen for the children! I'm sure your kid had a good time! What about "Bolinho"? Did they cancel it this year? :unsure:
She did, thanks.
I do not know any event named "Bolinho". Is that a regional thing? There's a similar thing we do in the 1st of November where people/kids go house to house asking for a specialty cake.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
She did, thanks.
I do not know any event named "Bolinho". Is that a regional thing? There's a similar thing we do in the 1st of November where people/kids go house to house asking for a specialty cake.

That's the one I mean with "Bolinho"... I'm Luso-Canadian and I remember going through the neighborhood asking for the cake while saying "Oh Tia dá bolinho?" and ending up receiving cake, sweets and money! It was cool! :D

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's the one I mean with "Bolinho"... I'm Luso-Canadian and I remember going through the neighborhood asking for the cake while saying "Oh Tia dá bolinho?" and ending up receiving cake, sweets and money! It was cool! :D
That is indeed regional. There's a few phrases employed to the same effect. That was not annuled, but I don't think most people went around knocking on doors.
Very few people actually left their homes this weekend.

Reactions: tfocosta

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
That is indeed regional. There's a few phrases employed to the same effect. That was not annuled, but I don't think most people went around knocking on doors.
Very few people actually left their homes this weekend.

Yeah! I'm from the center. It's probably a local saying! But I was always wondering if they did it everywhere or or only in my hometown.

I see! There were a lot of rescrictions this weekend, right? And it was probably for the best! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.