Translation Request

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Hizke, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hizke
    OP

Hizke Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2009
    United States
    If there is a game that needs retranslating, it is Lux-Pain. My God, it'd be nice to see that game with a proper localization! : \
    It's a visual novel, info here .

I am shocked that games can still be localized like this. In the 90's, Breath of Fire 1 and 2 got a pass. It's 2009, Ignition!

Anyhow, it is just a suggestion. If anyone is interested, it is a fun enough game, even with typos and dialogue that does not match the spoken dialogue and all. Just a great game that was plagued with problems by a bunch of probably underpaid dullards. Sad.

2. shineek

shineek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2007
    Poland
    well i know japanese at least that good that i know that therese no need for retranslation , the game is translated a lot better then 60-70% of the japanese games released in US .
    Typos what of em , so its the fault of QC ,also if you mean that the japanese dialogue after undubbing dont match with the english text in some places , well its natural US is not japan the cultural diffrence is too big , if you translate it as it was in the JP version , only ppl who play japanese games for life and know a lot of japan would understand this game .
    also seriously i doubt anyone will want to do it

3. Hizke
    OP

Hizke Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2009
    United States
    Just a request. It's just kinda' sad.

4. shineek

shineek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2007
    Poland
    well its not the worst translation , i would say its even one of the best , but yeah i kinda dont like when they change some stuff to look more american , but thats how it is , thats why ive learned japanese altough i dont understand some words and cant read more than 50% of kana (theres too much of em)
    but in most games its okay , and lux pain was one of the easy too understand games , on the other hand suikoden tierkreis has some kana that i dont know

5. xshinox

xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    the game doesnt need a re-translation. its good enough to understand unless you got some kind of problems not understanding its translations.

6. serving

serving GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2007
    United States
    accoridng to some people it was a poor translation and doesnt really go with the flow of the game

7. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2007
    Croatia
    Depths of Nuclear powerplant
    Translation request outside Request thread.....Look at the stickies.....Post there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice