Hacking translation project idea

takeya yuki

I am now someone waifu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are YOU going to translate them or are you just looking for people to go beg translators to do the work for you? It's much easier to just learn Japanese, reaching a point where you can perfectly fine understand almost all conversations in a game or even real life won't take you more than a year if you only bother 1-2 hours a week, let alone if you actively try to learn!:P

Kinda irrelevant, but since you popped up here, I gotta ask, are working on any projects lately? Perhaps any in the list?
No, learning Japanese is little bit hard, and please don't learn it from anime because it's impolite speaking, if you used the dialogue from anime to talked with real Japanese person without check it first. Their will consider you as rude. Unless you are close enough or the best friends to them. At least you must have someone to guide you if you want to learn Japanese.

Last edited by takeya yuki,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No, learning Japanese is little bit hard, and please don't learn it from anime because it's impolite speaking, if you used the dialogue from anime to talked with real Japanese person without check it first. Their will consider you as rude. Unless you are close enough or the best friends to them. At least you must have someone to guide you if you want to learn Japanese.
Learning Japanese is not hard at all once you get the writing systems down, at least in my experience, unless you decide to get a teacher and they up being a terrible one. I never said to learn from anime, just said to watch movies/anime/etc. to expand your vocabulary, as in knowing what expressions mean by hearing them, not the way you talk. Also, let's be honest, not everyone really talks politely irl and not all anime characters speak casually/rudely, so don't lump everyone together. The two book series I suggested in my post go in pretty deep detail about how formal and informal Japanese is, so really, you don't necessarily need a teacher, although a good one can help a lot. I got lucky and had a Japanese lady that knew exactly what parts people get the most trouble on, so she took extra care to teach us those well (those parts were the writing systems with the proper stroke order, formal/very formal forms and accents).

deitz0ne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Liberia
Finally decide, hopefully will finish good
Im starting blaza union translation, im a translator, is there any hacker/programmer, editor. Any help will do. I will create my blaze union thread

takeya yuki

I am now someone waifu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Learning Japanese is not hard at all once you get the writing systems down, at least in my experience, unless you decide to get a teacher and they up being a terrible one. I never said to learn from anime, just said to watch movies/anime/etc. to expand your vocabulary, as in knowing what expressions mean by hearing them, not the way you talk. Also, let's be honest, not everyone really talks politely irl and not all anime characters speak casually/rudely, so don't lump everyone together. The two book series I suggested in my post go in pretty deep detail about how formal and informal Japanese is, so really, you don't necessarily need a teacher, although a good one can help a lot. I got lucky and had a Japanese lady that knew exactly what parts people get the most trouble on, so she took extra care to teach us those well (those parts were the writing systems with the proper stroke order, formal/very formal forms and accents).
Yea, I totally half agree with you. Even I talk impolite speak to my Japanese girl friends irl but we still need to respect to elder. What I mean is to check the dialogue first if suitable or not to used as your speech and I don't lumped everyone, just try giving tips here because Japanese is sensitive people, also based from my experience. I fine if someone don't need a teacher to learn Japanese, but for conversation practice, you still need someone to guide you. Based what's you says, I believe you really good at reading kanji and let's have Japanese conversation in the future.:)

Last edited by takeya yuki,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yea, I totally half agree with you. Even I talk impolite speak to my Japanese girl friends irl but we still need to respect to elder. What I mean is to check the dialogue first if suitable or not to used as your speech and I don't lumped everyone, just try giving tips here because Japanese is sensitive people, also based from my experience. I fine if someone don't need a teacher to learn Japanese, but for conversation practice, you still need someone to guide you. Based what's you says, I believe you really good at reading kanji and let's have Japanese conversation in the future.:)
For conversation practice after I stopped taking classes, I did something really simple. Since I was playing games online at the time often, I would go on Japanese servers and chat there or I would find random Japanese people online. It's really easy to if you know where to go. Also, if you play Pokemon on the 3DS any for example, you can find Japanese people all over the place and voice chat with them, which is one of the things I used to do and very rarely still do.

I haven't used any Japanese myself in 5 years though, so I've regressed to hardly above M5 level (was originally M3 but have gotten really rusty), so unfortunately we can't have too much of a conversation anymore, lol:rofl2: Currently, I can perfectly fine understand things like songs, games, movies, anime, etc. without translations/subs, but can hardly speak Japanese anymore. Uni got so hectic at one point I'm still recovering. When I go back to revise everything, I'll gladly accept that convo to practice:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The candy man can
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    Veho @ Veho: "You think we can just put the speakers at the top ?" "NO!"