[Translation Project] IA/VT -COLORFUL-

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Nagato, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Nagato
    OP

Nagato GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Update (9/18/2016:
    English translation patch v1.1 has been released!
    Just fixed a few small typos, nothing major if you already have it installed.

Update (9/14/2016):

English translation patch v1.0 has been released!

All UI should be 100% translated.
    The songs are transliterated (romaji) instead of English translations.

Changelog
    Code:
    v1.1
    Fixed a few typos in descriptions.

v1.0
    Initial release.

Instructions
    WARNING: Make sure VitaShell is updated to 0.95 or above before installing this patch!
    Install VPK. Enjoy.

Known issues
    - Trophies are not translated on the system level (popup tips, Trophies bubble, etc). You can view all of the achievements in-game so this isn't a huge issue. I tried my best to get it working but it doesn't seem possible without great effort. I have the trophies translated and in the SFM file already if someone knows how to get this working, or a way to easily use it comes about.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ua4dodzxxj9wiuu/iavt_colorful_english_patch_vita_build20160918.vpk

Screenshots
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Credits
    Translation: Nagato
    Programming: Nagato
    Image Editing: Nagato, Vodka

Please report any errors you find so I can fix them in a future patch!

Last edited by Nagato, Sep 18, 2016
  2. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Nice work dude! Let the Flood gates of Vita Translations commence!

My personal wishlist:

Yakuza 0 App
    Phantasy Star Nova
    Golden Time Vivid Memories
    Uta No prince sama music 3
    Plastic Memories

3. tuxdude143

tuxdude143 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2014
    New Zealand
    The flood of fan translations that will probably take forever to come out while half of them get abandoned in a half finished state (tis the sad reality of fan translations most of the time)

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  4. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo

Very true unfortunately but hey! Looks like PS nova already has an active group working on it. But i dont think they are actually decrypting the files but who nows

5. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    The only game I can say I would've 100% would've liked to translate is Yomawari, but seeing as that's getting an official English release next month I believe, that's off the table now. :(
    I doubt any other good untranslated horror-related games will be coming out either.

g.a.u and Abu_Senpai like this.
  6. tuxdude143

tuxdude143 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2014
    New Zealand
    Honestly I just wish more fan translations actually completed what they set out to do. Like it or not they really can't compete against the larger localization groups

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  7. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    True! there

8. stompysan

stompysan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    This is one of the few games I was wanting translated! Thanks for taking this on!

Shiggitay likes this.
  9. westwood

westwood GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Looks like im one of the fews who are very Happy to see a translation here :D
    I bought the Limited Edition of the Game on release and already has the Platinum Trophy for this Game. And all ii can say is that this is one of the Best Rhythm Games ever. Nr.1 is DJ Max Technika Tune :D But i recommened it everyone who likes Rhythm Games.
    Hope this Project will be Finished! Awesome and really happy to see someone working on this :)
    Thumps up

10. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    The whooping 4 images have all been edited now.
    I also made a build script that FTPs all of the modified data directly to my system. That's also when I learned that my PS Vita calls me senpai. :'(
    [​IMG]

Sasukesama and tiduscrying like this.
  11. tiduscrying

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    Awesome to see this! I've got Taiko V dumped and opened up, ready to work on, but I have no idea how to mess with it's textures. It .vtxp textures, instead of gxt textures unfortunately.

If you need any help with graphics files or anything, let me know! :D

12. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Awesome, pretty much all I got to say...

Nice to see some actual editing going on, so far undubs and such have just been copying files from one release to another.

tiduscrying likes this.
  13. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Small update (yay)!
    All of the artist names and song credits are translated now. Next up is the song titles.

Kinda late by a few hours or I could've used some image editing help. :P

That's how I feel. That's kinda how the 3DS translation scene was. I think there has only been a small handful of 3DS translations completed that aren't undubs and things of that nature.

tiduscrying, g.a.u and DarkSynopsis like this.
  14. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Shame really, I appreciate the undubs but its not really a technical challenge to solve so on that aspect its less interesting to follow.

15. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    All 1000-ish lines of UI text except the ending credits have been translated now. Next up is the ending credits and then lots of song lyrics.

There's something weird I've noticed that I don't know if it's the game data or the game. I translate things, but they don't always show up when running the game. I'm curious if there's some kind of caching going on? Currently I'm modifying files in unpacked mode so I'll try modifying the archive later once I'm ready to look into it more. The other thing would be to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps I guess.

Does anyone know if games have a cache on the PS Vita?

Edit: All UI text translated!

Last edited by Nagato, Sep 12, 2016
    DarkSynopsis likes this.
  16. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    Went beast mode today. Took a good of 12-ish hours or so to transliterate all 67 base songs today. Some of those songs were kinda difficult. :\

What I learned: This game has a shit ton of songs with depressing lyrics. Like, seriously. You don't really notice until you sit there and actually pay attention to the lyrics either.

At any rate, everything (UI, songs, images) is translated now!

Todo:
    - Double checking the lyrics and fixing some Nagato-isms in the romaji
    - Maybe revisit the menu graphics to make them prettier
    - Still need to figure out what's going on with the thing I mentioned my last post as well

DarkSynopsis likes this.
  17. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Awesome, quick progress! I've no clue if the Vita has some sort of cache, you would think a hard reset would clear it though if it did.

18. Nagato
    OP

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    I tried restarting my entire console today and it didn't change anything. So my next attempts in the following order will be: 1) repack entire data archive instead of uploading individual files to the game's directories like a patch, and 2) reinstall game entirely.

I feel like there has to be something going on here because I've search everywhere possible, and I cannot find any matching untranslated strings anywhere in the game's data. And I feel pretty confident it's not pulling the text from images (watch me be incorrect here).

19. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    So you have the entire data archive that contains all the original files? and its loading the modded files from game directories? could be that, I know with Taiko on 3DS I've done my fair amount of testing with NTR CFW with LayeredFS since easier than rebuilding a CIA but there are the odd few files that for whatever reason LayeredFS didn't work with and repacking the whole game did and showed what I had modified.

Hopefully is a similar scenario here and once you repack the data it will be good.

20. ggl0l

ggl0l Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    @Nagato Thank you very much for your great work! I hope you release xdelta patch somewhere, when you think that it's ready. I'm really looking forward to it!
    Also, just my personal opinion: romaji is way better for lyrics, because I think that many people who will play this game already familiar with Japanese, and fully translated lyrics will be confusing.