ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This was quick cause they just had to locate the file where are the pokemon names, skills, trainer names, items names and description ... 99% of that data is the same as in Black 1 so they just had to copy paste the english names and reinsert

As they themselves said, now is the challenge (all dialogues and so on) cause it will require "true" skills to do it

Hope they can succeed anyway

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
This was quick cause they just had to locate the file where are the pokemon names, skills, trainer names, items names and description ... 99% of that data is the same as in Black 1 so they just had to copy paste the english names and reinsert

As they themselves said, now is the challenge (all dialogues and so on) cause it will require "true" skills to do it

Hope they can succeed anyway

Well it just needed a find and replace algorithm which is very easy to find on the I-net =d.

They already started editing the intro =(. Why Y No Release Faster * Italian hand signs*

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
r4card.jpg.opt150x158o0,0s150x158.jpg

R4 SDHC Revolution, using Wood R4 SDHC 1.42

Using the English 1.1 patch

White screen after launching the game.

Works fine in Desmume though

Any idea ?

EDIT
seems to work (launches at least) with cheats and soft rest off

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I'm going to try the AP patch only on the clean rom now to see if it fires off. If it does, i'll have to wait for the trans 1.2 tonight or hex edit myself the trans patched rom

Edit: white screen too

Isn't

this the AP patch V2 ? cause if it is I'm screwed up then

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try turning off soft reset or reformat your microSD. (back up your files before you do that)

seems to work (launches at least) with cheats and soft rest off

(stupid me) thanks buddy !

gonna go on an errand now, I will see tonight how it goes :)

D

Deleted User

okay so after applying the translation patch, game works up until continuing/starting a new game, so title screen/intro to the pokemon world by Juniper are all that's working. Then there's a black screen.

Using AKAIO 1.8.9z, latest loaders, Acekard 2i.

Weirdly, patching it drops the game from 512MB to 303MB, is that normal?

Nero2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so after applying the translation patch, game works up until continuing/starting a new game, so title screen/intro to the pokemon world by Juniper are all that's working. Then there's a black screen.

It just trims unused data. The game is only 303mb of data

D

Deleted User

Fair enough.
Would like to know why there's a black screen though

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Fair enough.
Would like to know why there's a black screen though
As they already said, the v1.1 has the AAPpatch, that makes the game unplayable on AKAIO, v1.2 will have 2ch patch thought, that makes the game fully playable (as for now I'm after the 2nd town with 3 pkmn and it didn't froze with the 2ch patch in akaio)

D

Deleted User

As they already said, the v1.1 has the AAPpatch, that makes the game unplayable on AKAIO, v1.2 will have 2ch patch thought, that makes the game fully playable (as for now I'm after the 2nd town with 3 pkmn and it didn't froze with the 2ch patch in akaio)
Oh okay. Is the 1.2 patch tonight? Since the project website says it's every 6PM PST that it gets updated or something
Thanks for the info anyway!

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone :D Well Here's a quick suggestion that I thought of last night. If you're familiar using NitroExplorer2b, just keep a 2nd clean rom for your translation patches then extract the narc from it then use NitroExplorer2b on your 2ch v2 Patched Pokemon Black/White 2 (assuming you have the translation file for respected game.) and reinsert the a/0/0/2 and/or a/0/0/3

hope this helps until they decide to use V2 in their translations.

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone :D Well Here's a quick suggestion that I thought of last night. If you're familiar using NitroExplorer2b, just keep a 2nd clean rom for your translation patches then extract the narc from it then use NitroExplorer2b on your 2ch v2 Patched Pokemon Black/White 2 (assuming you have the translation file for respected game.) and reinsert the a/0/0/2 and/or a/0/0/3

hope this helps until they decide to use V2 in their translations.

How to extract the .narc files?

PLAT0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How long will the translation take?
I'm not posting as a "y u no translate faster?" question, more out of curiosity.

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
How long will the translation take?
I'm not posting as a "y u no translate faster?" question, more out of curiosity.

They said 6 PM PST there will be a new patch. But I hope they will release another version in between to add the v2 APP and update the translated text at the same time. Like a version 1.5.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn missed this one...