Translation patch save compatibility question

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by nl255, Oct 15, 2010.

Oct 15, 2010
  1. nl255
    OP

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Any idea if a saved game from a partially translated game can be used once the translation patch is finished or do you have to start over? I am thinking of playing Saga 2 but the script only 75% translated (90% overall) and I don't want to have to start over once the full patch is released.

2. MHaven

Newcomer MHaven Advanced Member

United States
    The save data doesn't change only the actual text changes. That is why the translations that are made never say anything about starting the game over again. Tho questions like this, specific questions about a game (i.e. SaGa2) should be asked to the team in charge of the translation(i.e. Crimson-Nocturnal). So yes you can use it for the later one. If you were with us thru the beginning the first patch v0.1 had minor text just a menu patch and that save could be used with the one we released later v1.0(or .1). As long as the structure of the game is not changed you don't need to start a new game.

3. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    I've done a sound patch on a game before, but it didn't change the saving thingy, and so my save file still worked.