Transferring Switch saves

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Kevin Beam, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Kevin Beam
    OP

Kevin Beam Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    Canada
    I have a banned Switch and a legit one. I want to transfer the saves to the legit console. I am worried that my legit console will get banned for using homebrew. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

2. Kevin Beam
    OP

Kevin Beam Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    Canada
    Anyone??? Is the save data on the memory card? I only want to transfer the saved data on my legit games. Because I am super banned I cannot connect the 2 consoles via WIFI. Please help...

3. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    No, your saves stuck in Switch internal memory, so you need homebrew to extract the saves and transfer to 2nd Switch, but you will be still a high risk to get a ban on 2nd Switch for using homebrew, so no one is safe to prevent the ban, unfortunately.

Shame on Nintendo.

4. Kevin Beam
    OP

Kevin Beam Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    Canada
    Oh man that Sucks. I bought a new console to only play purchased games so I can update, etc.

Is there anyway to update games on a banned console?

5. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Did CDN to your Switch get revoked? If did, so you can say RIP to your hacked Switch.

Nintendo did CDN ban on some Switches.

6. Kevin Beam
    OP

Kevin Beam Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    Canada
    I have to think there will be a way to at least update fw and game updates soon.

7. SubaruSakurazuka

SubaruSakurazuka Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2018
    Brazil
    Is there any way to do the opposite? Transfer saves from a legit switch to one that uses homebrew?
    Thanks!

8. Gootah

Gootah GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2013
    United States
    It would be the same process, comes with a ban risk.

9. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
  10. Freloque
    This message by Freloque has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 3, 2018, Reason: Dupe.
    Dec 3, 2018