Transferring De-Listed DSiWare to 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drfsupercenter, Jan 30, 2014.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    This never even occurred to me before, as I had managed to download Four Swords Anniversary Edition back when it was still on the eShop.

However, I recently lost my 3DS XL (the one I go online with, I still have my 4.5 one I keep offline)

I've spent a few days looking and asked everyone I know and gotten nowhere, so I'm thinking this weekend I mayaswell bite the bullet and buy a new one. I called Nintendo today and they told me if I give them the serial of my old system (which is in my Club Nintendo account) and the new system, they can revoke the eShop licenses from my old lost system and give them to the new one so I can go on eShop and download all my games for free. They said this also includes all the Ambassador content.

However, the guy mentioned that anything that's been removed from the eShop won't be able to be redownloaded. Which would include the free Pokédex 3D I had, some older demos, and the de-listed DSiWare like Four Swords.

I did download Four Swords on both my DSi and DSi XL when it was first released as a free download though. So I'd like to know if anyone has tried doing a transfer from DSi to 3DS after Four Swords was de-listed - does it transfer over or just get removed? I'll go ahead and transfer it from one of my DSis if it works, but I'd hate to lose all my DSiWare over nothing (since I do have most of that DSiWare, the stuff that's any good, already on my 3DS eShop)

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Anything de-listed can be redownloaded from the My Downloads section of your settings. It should be safe to transfer.

pelago likes this.
  3. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Well, the guy from Nintendo specifically said anything that was removed from the eShop I would not get back. Are you saying I *should* be able to find them in My Downloads? I am not sure how it works when Nintendo transfers eShop tickets, as I've never lost a 3DS before - anyone have any experience with that?

4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    It should work, but seeing as they're having a Four Swords promotion right now, you shouldn't have to worry.

5. mbruno

mbruno Gamer For Life

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    Vienna, West Virginia
    Actually, Four Swords is back on the eshop for free today through Sunday.

6. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, that is very true and very convenient timing :)

I might not be able to get a new system before Sunday though, it's a lot of money to have to spend when I wasn't expecting to need it.

7. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Wow, thanks for the heads up!

8. pelago

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
    I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. I did a System Transfer from my 3DS (which had Zelda 4 Swords on it) to my 3DS XL. On the 3DS XL, even though 4 Swords was no longer available to download for new users, it did show up in my eShop downloads section and I was able to download it. Your situation should be the same.

In other words, 4 Swords may be de-listed in the sense that no one can download it who hasn't downloaded it before, but the files still exist on Nintendo's servers, and if you have the ticket, you will be able to download it.

9. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yeah, de-listed is not removed. If something was permanently removed you wouldn't be able to download it of course, but if it's just removed from public view you can just redownload it. Same thing goes for Ambassador games.

10. drfsupercenter
    OP

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Well, I lucked out and someone found my 3DS :D

So I guess never mind this entire thread, LOL

Still nice to know for anyone else who might face a similar predicament

gamesquest1 likes this.