ROM Hack Transfer Wii U BOTW Save to new Switch

phanguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new Switch to give to my fiance. I was hopeful that it would be hackable, but it's not. I want to transfer her Wii U BOTW save to this new Switch. I have my own Switch which is hackable. From all the research I've done so far I think these are going to be the steps that might work:

1. Nand backup my own Switch
2. Downgrade my switch from 6.2 to whatever FW will support Checkpoint
3. Convert the Wii U save to Switch format, upload to the Switch(while in Airplane mode), confirm it works
4. Reboot Switch to run normally and do Nintendo official user/data transfer to the unhackable Switch
5. Restore my switch from nand backup

Does this sound like it'll work and keep banning to a minimum? I know a ban is always possible, but I'm willing to take a risk for this as she has a LOT of hours in the game, but still has a way to go and wants to do it on Switch. I have no desire to mod any saves or do any other kind of hacks/homebrew/etc. I just want to transfer this save and be able to have both Switches use Nintendo services without ban. If anyone can let me know if this will work, or have other ideas that may work then please let me know. I'd really appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1