ROM Hack Question Transfer unmodded saves from Banned Switch to Clean Switch, then wipe traces on "Clean" Switch?

SpookyFish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title states, I've got a banned Switch with unmodded saves and I'd like to transfer those saves to a new, clean Switch that is confirmed to run CFW.

I'm wondering if it's possible to run CFW on the new Switch, restore my save files via Checkpoint, and then restore the NAND on that new Switch? The idea being to try and wipe any and all traces that CFW (logs?) was ever run on the new Switch so that it could then be used online with no worry of being banned again.

My process would go:
1. Backup saves on the banned Switch via Checkpoint
2. Make a backup of the NAND + console keys of new, clean Switch
3. Redownload the legit, digital games I want to restore the save files to onto the new Switch (e.g. Pokemon)
4. Put new Switch into airplane mode, remove all WiFi connections to it, and turn it off
5. Run CFW/hekate on new Switch
6. Restore saves via Checkpoint on new Switch
7. Turn off Switch, go back into hekate, then restore NAND on new Switch

Would this method even work or make sense? Would restoring the NAND cause conflicts with the games/saves already on it? Sorry, I tried my best to thoroughly search for this specific kind of scenario, but just couldn't find a concrete answer...

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like restoring the NAND is going to roll the console back to before you had the saves you moved over. They won't be linked to your games.

But if you use Checkpoint on SYSCFW to restore the saves, and then only boot into SYSNAND after that, you shouldn't face a ban on the new console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34