Transfer Pokemons from Heart Gold on an original R4 to an original Black 2 Cart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 0mar32, Oct 6, 2013.

1. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!
    Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of moving from a DS Lite to my new 3DS XL Pokemon X & Y Limited edition, so my question is, Can I transfer all the pokemons I have on my HG save to an original Black 2 cart that I will buy to be able to use to later transfer all to the Pokemon X & Y, once I get it.

If there's a way, please do tell me.

Another question, I've read that it might consider the transferred pokemons, if they're even transferrable, illegal or obtained via a cheat or a hack and will not accept them in the Pokemon bank, is this true??

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Unfortunately, you'll have to flash your save to a retail cart to get it to work properly, or alternatively, you can use PokeCheck, doing one Pokemon at a time via the GTS. It's a slow method, but you can use your R4 that way. As for Pokemon Bank compatibility, we won't know, but it's quite certain that it'll try keeping hacks out. We'll only know when it comes out and people start using it.

3. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    You can open your gamesave in PokeGen (google it, it's a free program for Windows), export your pokemon as pkm files, then open up your black 2 gamesave and import all the pkm files.

As long as the pokemon you have were obtained legitimately, the pokemon bank should allow it. It will probably only block hacked pokemon (where people have edited their stats and such).

EDIT: Obviously with this method you'll need a means of getting the modified black 2 gamesave back on to a retail cart.

4. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!

I'm sorry, I miswrote Hacked in the OP, all the pokemons I have have been obtained and leveled up legitimately so how can I use the GTS you mentioned Team Fail.

If I move them and use them on the rom file of black 2 on my R4 on my NDS lite, will I be able to access the pokemon bank(This is before getting a retail cart, just to see if it's possible!)

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Just head to https://www.pokecheck.org/, register, and follow the instructions. I'll tell you how to upload Pokemon to their server, then you can convert them and download them as a Gen V Pokemon to a Gen V game.

TyBlood13 likes this.
  6. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!
    So I managed to understand how pokecheck.org works, my question now has changed!

I have the Black 2 ROM on my R4 and if I deposit all my Black pokemons to pokecheck, will I be able to get them on X & Y retail on my 3DS??

7. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    Putting them on Pokecheck actually clones them, and if you register your save file with there site ( I think it's in the account settings) you can put all of your pokemon on the retail cart without them looking fake by having a premier ribbon attached to them

So as long as you pokemon end up on a legit cart, you can transfer them with Pokemon Bank

8. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!
    So let me break down what you just said the way I understand it.

1- Pokecheck clones my pokemons(Does that make them illegal?)
    2- Registering my savefile which will include all my pokemons(What good is it to me if I can't flash a savefile to a retail cart?)
    3- Having a premier ribbon attached doesn't make them look fake(How are they fake in the first place?)

Thanks in advance :D

9. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    1. Doesn't make them illegal

2. Not quite, you have to manually upload the pokemon

3. No, The ribbon makes them fake (Pokecheck does this to make sure you don't compete/trade with hacked pokemon that aren't yours)

Sorry about not being as clear as I could have

10. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!

1- Gotcha! ;)
    2- I didn't really understand what you said again! (sorry if I'm a bit n00bish)
    3- But all the pokemon are mine, none are hacked or edited in anyway.

11. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    2. Not a problem! Happy to help
    This is from pokecheck.org's front page, so I hope that helps
    3. That point is only for people who download pokemon from the service, so it is irrelevant to you.

12. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!

So summing this up, theoretically if I can get my pokecheck pokemons on the retail X & Y via GTS then Pokemon bank will accept them, right?

13. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    PokeBank uses the DSi part of a Rom, R4 cards cant handle that (so no flashcards can use PokeBank)
    only way to get games from previous games onto X & Y is through Pokemon Bank and Black and White 1/2 legit carts

so all pokemon you want on X & Y must be transferred to a legitimate cart of Black or White 1 or 2
    and be legit, they havnt said how deep the checks will be but they state
    so are fake pokemon really worth the risk to loose the ability to use Pokemon Bank or Poke Transporter?

14. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!
    I'm not following what is the classification fake here, hasn't TyBlood13 clarified to me that my own pokemon obtained in-game, never edited in anyway, are not fake and legal, right?

I will be buying the Black 2 retail cart anyway but I need to understand the above, please.

15. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

I don't see where it says you'd possibly forfeit the ability to use Bank/Transporter, just that you may not have the ability to use them with illegitimately produced pokemon.

16. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!

Which doesn't include me, since my pokemons are legit! But this means that either way I will have to buy Black 2 in order to transfer my pokemons all the way from Heart Gold to X & Y

17. 0mar32
    OP

0mar32 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Look behind you!
    I really need to make sure about my main question now, will I be able through pokecheck.org to transfer my legit, never edited Pokemons from Heart Gold to a retail Black 2 then to X & Y to use with the Pokemon bank?

I'm holding off on the purchase order of Black 2 so please let me know the answer.

18. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    If you can buy HeartGold you can transffer your save to the original HeartGold with savegame manager from Pokedoc

With this tool you (you have to run it on your R4 and have the save from HeartGold on it to) you can transfer sav files to an original gamecart (and backup if you have the slot2 carts or over WiFi/FTP)