Hacking Transcend or A-DATA? (Both class 6)

pa1ntbru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to this thread and its contributors, I just ordered an A-Data 4gb microsdhc class 6 off Newegg. I'll update when I get it and try it with the CycloDS!

ninjya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Transcend Class 6 4Gb card with my cyclo and I couldn't be happier. The thing works like a charm, haven't seen one slow down yet in any game, no less the castlevania games.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninji said:
I have a Transcend Class 6 4Gb card with my cyclo and I couldn't be happier. The thing works like a charm, haven't seen one slow down yet in any game, no less the castlevania games.

Really? Have you played PoR with your Transcend? And no freezes when going into the start menu?

Now i'm not sure what to get. I've been holding out a little because I'm still not sure. I might as well go with the Transcend. As long as it doesn't get the enhanced menu bug.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ninji said:
There aren't really any issues with slowdowns in the Castlevania games anymore. There is one particular issue with C:PoR, where the game will freeze when you are entering a warp point or talking to "Wind". The issue appears much more regularly on microSD cards that have slow random access times. So there is a particular issue affected by the speed of the microSD, but you wouldn't see slowdowns on any brand microSD anymore.

Ninji, would you mind letting us know how long it takes you to launch the enhanced menu in-game while using Firmware 1.3? If you could test it in one game that has a real time save file and one that doesn't it would help clarify the issue quite a bit. Thanks.

I suspect that the A-Data and Transcend cards will both see the same issue with the Enhanced menu if the conditions are replicated.

laci.laplante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the 4GB A-DATA from Newegg, and in the few days I've had it in my DS Lite, it has been working flawlessly. The CycloDS Evolution menu loads quickly, and have not had any problems playing games. My only regret was not waiting a little, because the price dropped just after I bought the card. I also use that same A-DATA 4 gig card with a 2 gig card in my cell phone, and they go back and forth between the phone and "the toy" just fine. The card's packaging says lifetime warranty, but does not specify who's lifetime :^)

laci.laplante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newegg just graced my inbox with fantastic news. The 4 gig A-DATA card has been nominated for a customer choice award. I'm glued to my screen to find out what it will be wearing to the ceremony.
Laci

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laci.laplante said:
Newegg just graced my inbox with fantastic news. The 4 gig A-DATA card has been nominated for a customer choice award. I'm glued to my screen to find out what it will be wearing to the ceremony.
Laci
laugh.gif
Nice one Laci. I got the same e-mail from them one time after buying some RAM, and I'm thinking to myself "Why the hell would I care about that now? I already bought it."

I guess some people really enjoy meaningless re-assurance that they've made a good decision.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers