Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Keep in mind that the spreadsheet only translated the exact path the translator took through the game. So picking different dialogue options may account for some of the Japanese being thrown at you. You could reference the spreadsheet itself whenever a dialogue choice comes up so that you follow the same path through the game.

yup, I'm on chapter 1 now and most non story related are in Japanese.

For me it only worked on PPSSPP, my psp 3000 crashes (6.60 PRO-C fix-3)

Thanks for this, for me this would be the better version. I don't mind a few lines of Japanese here and there, at least the rest is human translated.
As for the extra audio i read it causes crashes when you pick up items on the floor (it was a reddit post).

the crashes while picking up items are solved by the Voice Patch original author. latest version should be save

btw I should warn anyone using this patch, my game just crash in chapter 1 while following story path. PSV/Adrenaline show "please wait" without any other text. but when I reload the same scene, it works

luckily I save a lot :lol:

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

You can apply the patch over the original PSP Japanese ISO, I just tried and played all the prologue and it works fine.

One thing tough, this patch only translates the story dialog, it seems the npc dialog and minor dialog is not translated, in julialy's patch everything is translated although is machine translation.
@ils he's right i got some early examples:

pic_0000.jpg
NPJH50473_00018.jpg

pic_0001.jpg
NPJH50473_00019.jpg

pic_0004.jpg
NPJH50473_00020.jpg

Attachments

• NPJH50473_00018.jpg
    NPJH50473_00018.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 383
  • NPJH50473_00019.jpg
    NPJH50473_00019.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 334
  • NPJH50473_00020.jpg
    NPJH50473_00020.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 321

marbepal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
upload_2017-7-28_16-30-50.png

upload_2017-7-28_16-35-55.png

In one scenario MOST lines are translated while some are not. Good job!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2017-7-28_16-50-44.png

some lines are obviously translated incorrectly. i cracked up reading this

antarusch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
anyone wanna try my patched ISO for PSP version?
it got :
- translated scenario from kitsune's Excel
- Items, Arts, Crafts from FrantzX1's github/reddit links
- Voice Patch from ZhenjianYang's github
- semi translated "mini text" like name of NPC/Road/Place etc with Google Translate (no NPC dialog translated)

this patch isn't perfect and i haven't tried it far (only until the 1st healing point)
and my application isn't good enough to mark the right flag (\x01 \x02 \x03 in each last dialog box)
props to Sinh_Kresnik from reddit to create easy-to-follow guide
and flame1234 for matching kitsune's Excel with filename

Download Here

also i only tried this with Voice Patch, so i don't know what it'll do without za_voice plugin in PSP
i plan to start playing this weekend, hopefully no major bug/crash :lol:

PS: i can confirm this ISO works with PSV Adrenaline and PPSSPP with 64MB RAM enabled

Well, I just tested it on ppsspp for android and it crashes, my first test was on ppsspp but on pc and there works fine.

D

Deleted User

Yeah for now i'm sticking with @julialy 's scena + the crossbell menu patch combo.
It's a shame cos @ils managed to insert (almost) all of kitsune547 text into the scena.

MexicanTail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, it's a no go for me too, these games look much better in a small screen, I don't like playing these games on a pc.

Just a matter of taste....for me it's the opposite :) Ao Pc version's assets and hd models are much better than psp's. It's difficult to go back (I've already finished Zero on PSP).

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, I just tested it on ppsspp for android and it crashes, my first test was on ppsspp but on pc and there works fine.

did you change PSP model setting in PPSSPP? and you need to start a new game with this patch (I assume you're using the 1st patch/with voice). the voice patch ISO is not 100% compatible with normal save files.

or you could try the 2nd patch without the patch

Yeah for now i'm sticking with @julialy 's scena + the crossbell menu patch combo.
It's a shame cos @ils managed to insert (almost) all of kitsune547 text into the scena.

too bad i don't know how to integrate Google Translate into my app :lol:

Reactions: Shanoku

antarusch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Ok I got it running on android, in the system settings in ppsspp I had selected psp-1000, I changed it to psp-2000/3000 and the game patched with Ils patch ran without issue.

D

Deleted User

Ok I got it running on android, in the system settings in ppsspp I had selected psp-1000, I changed it to psp-2000/3000 and the game patched with Ils patch ran without issue.
Got it working myself as well. Funny thing is I patched it with the NO voice patch and it has all the voices working go figure.

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@julialy Hey I have a couple questions regarding the machine TL. I know you're still working out the actual insertion, but if this could work then I think it'd be pretty awesome.

1. You mentioned before about possibly getting a better translation by doing it in larger chunks. What are the prospects of actually using ATLAS to retranslate like you talked about long before?

2. I had an idea I thought I'd pitch and you can tell me if it's feasible to you or not. Since the Trails universe is full of its own jargon that would never do well through a translator (things like septium, orbments, places like Liberl, and even character names), one consideration I had for making the overall machine TL a little more human is to have a first pass where you simply compare the Japanese in the scena to a list of words and their English equivalents. So it would just go through the script and replace kanji/kana with their respective translations. Then when you put it through the translator, the stuff that's already been translated into English will just come out the same on the other end.

If this sounds feasible, I'll happily prepare a list of Japanese words and their official English equivalents. I can't promise it'll be exhaustive as I might forget something, but I'll do my best. Just let me know what format to give it to you in that would be easiest for you to integrate into your project.

Reactions: ils and Shanoku

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
@julialy Hey I have a couple questions regarding the machine TL. I know you're still working out the actual insertion, but if this could work then I think it'd be pretty awesome.

1. You mentioned before about possibly getting a better translation by doing it in larger chunks. What are the prospects of actually using ATLAS to retranslate like you talked about long before?

2. I had an idea I thought I'd pitch and you can tell me if it's feasible to you or not. Since the Trails universe is full of its own jargon that would never do well through a translator (things like septium, orbments, places like Liberl, and even character names), one consideration I had for making the overall machine TL a little more human is to have a first pass where you simply compare the Japanese in the scena to a list of words and their English equivalents. So it would just go through the script and replace kanji/kana with their respective translations. Then when you put it through the translator, the stuff that's already been translated into English will just come out the same on the other end.

If this sounds feasible, I'll happily prepare a list of Japanese words and their official English equivalents. I can't promise it'll be exhaustive as I might forget something, but I'll do my best. Just let me know what format to give it to you in that would be easiest for you to integrate into your project.
1) Translation dictionary support, and runs locally (so it's much faster, and I don't need to use the network)
2) Yes, that sounds feasible. You can give it to me in any format as long as I can easily parse it, or convert it to a easily parseable format.

Reactions: ils and Shanoku

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Got it working myself as well. Funny thing is I patched it with the NO voice patch and it has all the voices working go figure.

did the first line from military officer voiced? because PSP version does have it's own voice acting though only for important person/event. the easiest way is the 1st line "here we are" said by unnamed military officer. in PSP default version, he doesn't have a voice

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
okay guys, thanks to julialy, i've managed to do Google Translate for the remaining untranslated text.
a few lines seems like gibberish so i leave them in Japanese also i think some 1 character dialog also left untranslated (like "a", "fu", "n")

some of them i edited manually (Sepis -> Sepith, Libert -> Liberl, and a bunch more)
but lines which didn't correctly placed during 1st patch would still be there
i haven't play this game, so maybe i'll fix it someday if it's too distracting, otherwise i'll leave them be

this also a literal translation, meaning if there are 3 lines, each lines will be translated separately.
the proper way would be combine the 3 lines together and then translate it, but i'm too lazy to do it again
i did it for kitsune's file, but for Google Translate i don't think i want to do it again

here is the patch
PSP with Voice Patch
PSP without Voice Patch

Cheers

Last edited by ils,

Fugsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gHGkErL3s_5dfue1uZ9ZvU0SyqisP8JiYOnNmtvvpw8

I made a Google doc with lists of Trails words in Japanese and English. I don't speak Japanese, but I know the basics of how its writing system works so I referenced wikis and kitsune's translation to double check on translations. If a word was translated by Google perfectly, I left it alone. Due to that, some names and things are left out intentionally.

I took care not to include words that could have double meanings or where the kana could be a part of a different word -- since Japanese has no spaces to differentiate if it's a part of a word or a word in itself. Guardian Force and Renne fall into those two categories. Most of those shouldn't be a big deal though. And as far as I could, I went with official translations from the games themselves. So it's Łazy and Noël, for example. And the elemental sepiths you see in the Misc page are there for chests. You can see where those can go wrong in a screenshot just several comments above. Mostly Mirage and Space need manual translations but I figure covering your bases doesn't hurt.

Since all of these are just nouns, it shouldn't mess with any translating since the translator will just treat them as foreign word nouns and parse the grammar accordingly.

If anyone can think of anything to add to the list, feel free to comment here or message me. Since kitsune's translation leaves a lot of holes, I wanted to cover everything which is why I included things like ouroboros and their terms, but right now I've kinda hit a wall in my brain and I've gotta go to work. Also if you know the Japanese and something looks off or clearly would cause issues, please speak up on that too.

Reactions: ils and uyjulian

antarusch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
okay guys, thanks to julialy, i've managed to do Google Translate for the remaining untranslated text.
a few lines seems like gibberish so i leave them in Japanese also i think some 1 character dialog also left untranslated (like "a", "fu", "n")

some of them i edited manually (Sepis -> Sepith, Libert -> Liberl, and a bunch more)
i haven't play this game, so maybe i'll fix it someday if it's too distracting, otherwise i'll leave them be

this also a literal translation, meaning if there are 3 lines, each lines will be translated separately.
the proper way would be combine the 3 lines together and then translate it, but i'm too lazy to do it again
i did it for kitsune's file, but for Google Translate i don't think i want to do it again

here is the patch
PSP with Voice Patch
PSP without Voice Patch

Cheers

I just tried the patch playing the prologue and it works fine, I would like to thank Julialy, Ils, Fugsnarf and everyone involved with this effort, I think this patch could suffice until the final translation comes.

johnny1233465487

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

here is the patch
PSP with Voice Patch
PSP without Voice Patch

Cheers
Anyway to use this patch for the PC version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8