XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
Ikki said:
2012 is too far away.
Looks just brilliant.
Is it just me, or does that guy just look like a fat Chris? xD
This looks excellent, just excellent. I'm stoked to see an all new RE built from the ground up for this platform (honestly, I hope it stays a 3ds exclusive). Once again, it looks magnificent!

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it bother anyone else that we've not seen any other enemy apart from that slurping zombie thingy? id be more excitied for this if i saw a few more zombies just to y'know confirm there is more to this than just avoiding mr slurpy

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Terenigma said:
Does it bother anyone else that we've not seen any other enemy apart from that slurping zombie thingy? id be more excitied for this if i saw a few more zombies just to y'know confirm there is more to this than just avoiding mr slurpy
There were more enemies shown in the E3 demo. I think they were two more.

Also, this ones aren't zombies. They are creatures "made of water". Hopefully there will be zombies, since they were shown in the first trailer.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
First:
I assume this is canon to the series. Is it safe to assume that this is supposed to take place after RE5?

If this is successful, it wouldn't be unlikely to see it appear on the likes of the 360 and PS3. Capcom knows where their money and fans are, and most of their fans weren't people who made it a point to run off and buy a 3DS. It just seems a little odd to release something important to the series on a handheld, that overall, has done pretty poorly in sales.

On to the actual trailer: It looks fantastic. Won't lie, Capcom looks like they're really trying to make this a good game.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It takes place between RE4 and RE5

Also, I don't know why I don't see it going anywhere else than the 3DS

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
First:
I assume this is canon to the series. Is it safe to assume that this is supposed to take place after RE5?

If this is successful, it wouldn't be unlikely to see it appear on the likes of the 360 and PS3. Capcom knows where their money and fans are, and most of their fans weren't people who made it a point to run off and buy a 3DS. It just seems a little odd to release something important to the series on a handheld, that overall, has done pretty poorly in sales.

On to the actual trailer: It looks fantastic. Won't lie, Capcom looks like they're really trying to make this a good game.
No it hasn't. You sell 4m+ (no sure how much around the world) of something easily and then come back.

Also what wrong with it being on a handheld? They said the same thing about SSB.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Nathan Drake said:
First:

No it hasn't. You sell 4m+ (no sure how much around the world) of something easily and then come back.

Also what wrong with it being on a handheld? They said the same thing about SSB.

Your ignorance is ever satisfying. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not gonna bother arguing with a Nintendo fanboy, which you are, fucking hardcore as can be. When looking at how well their past handhelds have sold, in the same amount of time the 3DS has been out, the 3DS is doing abysmal. Most likely because it isn't really worth owning yet. There are very few things that you can get right now that make the 3DS worth $250 + the cost of games and accessories. The 3DS just hit 1 million sales in Japan after 13 weeks. That is pretty terrible.

Never said there was anything wrong with it being on a handheld. Way to just start making shit up.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Never said there was anything wrong with it being on a handheld. Way to just start making shit up.
QUOTEIt just seems a little odd to release something important to the series on a handheld
Maybe I took it the wrong way,but when I read odd,made it seem like i was something wrong with it.

So not selling that much with $250 tag isn't good at all? I would be sweet if I sold something at a price like that,
of so many, but whatever feel that way.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Nathan Drake said:
QUOTEIt just seems a little odd to release something important to the series on a handheld
Maybe I took it the wrong way,but when I read odd,made it seem like i was something wrong with it.

So not selling that much with $250 tag isn't good at all? I would be sweet if I sold something at a price like that,
of so many, but whatever feel that way.

Your lack of understanding of how the market works is comical. There is a reason people aren't impressed with the sales numbers.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Your lack of understanding of how the market works is comical. There is a reason people aren't impressed with the sales numbers.
Well I guess. Don't really see myself making a business (if at all) as big as Microsoft,Nintendo,Sony, or even Apple.

hendrix5757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
it would look better on the vita. still looks good tho
I think it's needless to say that games will look better on Vita. The vita is graphically superior in every regard. We're talking a GC/Wii vs. PS3, in terms of graphics. It's almost like saying, "Uncharted would be 3d on the 3ds."

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
First of all, stop attacking people and calling them fanboys. He's not being one, you're the only one who is acting ridiculous here. It's immature and just makes you look like a douche. He has valid points, more than you have. That sort of attitude is uncalled for. 3DS hasn't sold poorly, it has sold under expectations. There's a huge difference between being a failure and under-performing in sales.

Nintendo had astronomically high predictions based on DS and Wii numbers. They made a mistake there, but the system is still making them decent profits. Unlike Sony, Nintendo doesn't take a huge loss with each system sold. They're still making tons of money off of it. It's still a solid success, despite not meeting their extremely high expectations. Zelda will be the first real kick in sales, followed by all the other games releasing this summer, fall, and the holidays (lots of them). After this past E3, more people are inevitably going to invest. The games announced are going to gradually cause the sales to shoot up. Especially Smash Bros.

Capcom clearly knows what they're doing, or they wouldn't put this on the 3DS. I don't see how their fans won't buy this. There's plenty of games to satisfy their sort of fans. Unless they choose to pass up the 3DS just because it's a Nintendo system, which IS being a fanboy...
rolleyes.gif

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Nathan Drake said:
First of all, stop attacking people and calling them fanboys. He's not being one, you're the only one who is acting ridiculous here. It's immature and just makes you look like a douche. He has valid points, more than you have. 3DS hasn't sold poorly, it has sold under expectations. There's a huge difference between being a failure and under-performing in sales.

Nintendo had astronomically high predictions based on DS and Wii numbers. They made a mistake there, but the system is still making them decent profits. Unlike Sony, Nintendo doesn't take a huge loss with each system sold. They're still making tons of money off of it. It's still a solid success, despite not meeting their extremely high expectations. Zelda will be the first real kick in sales, followed by all the other games releasing this summer, fall, and the holidays (lots of them). After this past E3, more people are inevitably going to invest. The games announced are going to gradually cause the sales to shoot up. Especially Smash Bros.

Capcom clearly knows what they're doing, or they wouldn't put this on the 3DS. I don't see how their fans won't buy this. There's plenty of games to satisfy their sort of fans. Unless they choose to pass up the 3DS just because it's a Nintendo system, which IS being a fanboy...
rolleyes.gif

Just gonna say, if you've read any of his posts in any Nintendo threads, he places Nintendo on a pedestal. He is a fanboy, to the highest extent. Either you're aggressive with fanboys, or they don't pay attention. He also has no valid points. "How well could YOU do?" is the absolute opposite of a point. It's grasping in the face of an unquestionable reality. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but you get the idea.

The 3DS has flopped compared to how Nintendo has done in the past, period. The numbers aren't good. Zelda may get the 3DS going, but if Nintendo can't keep a steady stream of solid releases, it's just going to die down again. Yet another OoT iteration is just gonna help, it isn't going to solve the problem by any means. It will require games of a high quality, even though it seems like certain companies aren't even putting forth their best effort (Looking at you Konami). This is potentially one of those games. I just figure, if it is highly successful, it wouldn't be totally unlikely for it to appear in a higher quality rendition on home consoles. It will probably be more likely that we will see some form of it on the Vita at some point though (kind of like how Chinatown Wars was a DS exclusive, but then found its way elsewhere).

All E3 did was say "these games are coming." There are fairly broad windows for most all of them, mostly reliant on names to create excitement and generate sales. E3 was kinda shitty this year overall, even with everything that was shown. There is just a missing air of excitement from most everything, and the 3DS isn't excluded. It seems like the only people excited really are the 3DS owners themselves.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for his other posts as i haven't paid attention, but his point was that the numbers from 3DS sales aren't bad at all. They aren't terrible, they're just under expectations. Huge difference. It certainly hasn't flopped, that's a ridiculous statement and word to use, even if you compare the system to past ones. It's Nintendo's high expectations that are to blame, and lack of launch titles. Looks like they've come to terms with the fact that they can't just expect a system to sell up to their standards unless there's some substance behind it (which is now starting to slowly arrive).

The games announced at E3 and the big names being released within the year are what were lacking during launch. Basically all the 3DS had at launch was SSF4, not what i'd say is a system carrier, especially due to the lack of first party offering (Nintendogs can only go so far).

Launches are generally lacking decent games. I can easily see steam for the 3DS pick up within the year. Most of the goods are coming during the summer and holidays.

Also, no matter what was shown or whether the game has even started development, Smash Bros is going to make a great many people choose to buy the system. Just the name alone is enough for many people. It's just THAT powerful.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
It can't be blamed really on the launch titles. Most systems have a fairly terrible launch line-up, and they have still done better. The numbers are lower than even what pessimists would predict. It took 13 weeks to hit 1 million sales in Japan. Nintendo's popularity in Japan trumps its popularity in every other part of the world combined. That number is plain sad. Especially when you consider how great the launch day for the 3DS was worldwide, and then look at how long it has taken since then to hit the number of sales it has. If it doesn't pick up with OoT, flop may be a more accurate term then you think for the direction of the 3DS.

I played SSIV at Gamestop a few days back, 3D pumped up, and I wasn't impressed. If people meant SSIV, a game in the fighting genre, not especially popular on any handheld, to carry the system, then there is a huge mistake right there. I'll admit that the lack of effort to have a long term game, or at least a game with plenty of replay value, out by launch was a terrible idea.

I dislike the idea of seeing Super Smash Bros and going "IMMA GO BUY A 3DS NAO GAIS!" Doesn't really work for me personally.

Edit: Also guys, sorry for derailing the thread as so. I invite anybody to ignore everything that has transpired and to actually talk about the trailer and game. :3

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I dislike the idea of seeing Super Smash Bros and going "IMMA GO BUY A 3DS NAO GAIS!" Doesn't really work for me personally.
I'll drop the subject on the sales figures and launch titles, but i can assure you that there are plenty of people who were saying that when it was announced. The series is so incredibly popular, it can easily spark a sales fire in large quantities of people.

Gamefaqs i know doesn't represent the general gaming opinion, but if you've seen all the topics on both the DS and 3DS boards there asking where's their portable SSB, you'd be inclined to be more believing of its power among gamers. It's was probably the single most wanted game on a handheld i've ever seen, at least when it comes to NEW non-remakes. This doesn't just go for that site, many forums have the same thing going on. You might not care for it or want it enough to buy the system (and honestly, it's not a system seller to me either, even though i have a 3DS already), but it is for a great many people.

I agree though, this thread is quite derailed. This WAS about Resident Evil Revelations wasn't it? I totally forgot.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: