ROM Hack Question trade Pokémon with a hacked switch

javierjudgment

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! I have a doubt. I have a switch that is not modified and another switch that is. If I connect them in local mode to transfer modified Pokémon to my original cartridge or to play Mario Kart 8 locally, can my original console be banned? I mean, i have lets go Pikachu, and in my emmunand i put Mew, the last Pokemon i needed to complet pokedex. If I trade that mew to my original game using local trade, Nintendo can ban me?

dudoso87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To trade Pokemon locally how do I do it without getting online? Is it posible?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I trade Pokémon locally without getting online? Thanks!

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think they're referring to how 3ds will ban you for playing online with non legit pokemon.

So long story short, so long as the pokemon is legit, you should be fine.

Ben345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was wondering the same thing. If I trade a shiny edited Pokemon from my hacked Switch to my legit copy of Pokemon Sword on my Switch lite, is there any risk of my Switch lite getting banned?

Mi460

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Locally, no. Online is a bit different, for there have been reports that some online users that have never modified their consoles were banned for simply just connecting to a hacked console. If you are only planning to do everything locally, then you are fine.

Exilou

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idk if you've done it already but you can trade local if the pokemon you want isn't illegal. If you're using pkhex then there may be a red triangle with an exclamation mark inside then it's illegal if there's not you can trade it and you won't get banned.

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thank you to those who have contributed their answers in here. I was wondering the same thing since I will be buying a new switch today, because I got banned with my original one.

If there will be no problems, then that's good to know. I'd be able to trade off mons that are hacked from the banned switch via local communication to my new unbanned switch.

(Did I get everything right?)

Mi460

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to those who have contributed their answers in here. I was wondering the same thing since I will be buying a new switch today, because I got banned with my original one.

If there will be no problems, then that's good to know. I'd be able to trade off mons that are hacked from the banned switch via local communication to my new unbanned switch.

(Did I get everything right?)

I believe that as long as the Pokemon you trade over appear to be legal, then you are fine. Even if they aren't, I'm pretty sure you are fine.

Reactions: AlexanderBlackk

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I believe that as long as the Pokemon you trade over appear to be legal, then you are fine. Even if they aren't, I'm pretty sure you are fine.

Thank you! I am always making sure that the ones I trade over are legal. PKHex has been a great tool to check legality, and to make mons as well that are acceptable via trade and battles. Thank you for your assurance in this matter!

Mi460

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I am always making sure that the ones I trade over are legal. PKHex has been a great tool to check legality, and to make mons as well that are acceptable via trade and battles. Thank you for your assurance in this matter!

One extra note: The current version of PKHex states that all raid battle Pokemon are illegal. Don't take it's word for it until it is updated.

Reactions: AlexanderBlackk

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
One extra note: The current version of PKHex states that all raid battle Pokemon are illegal. Don't take it's word for it until it is updated.
So that's why.. thanks for letting me know that as well. I'm rushing my game to transfer all mons from my hacked game to my new one. Sucks that I'd have to do it all over again.

Thank you very much!

Reactions: Mi460

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...