Australia
Trackmania United GBAtemp Clan

tm1.jpg
tm2.jpg

tm3.jpg
tm4.jpg

tm5.jpg
tm6.jpg

Trackmania United is released tomorrow on Steam for the pre-order price of US$23.95. It has been released in Europe already but now the rest of the world get the chance to pick up this gem. I'm wondering if there are any other GBAtemp players picking this up or already have it who want to create a clan. With a GBAtemp group we could see each other's rankings, trade car skins and tracks among other stuff.

For those of you with no idea what Trackmania is, it's an insane racing game with all sorts of unbelievable tracks (thanks to the included track editor). Upside down loops, crazy jumps and tricks. It's a blast to play online. The online component to United it quite big thanks to all the customisation and user generated content.

Trackmania Nations is a free version of Trackmania that you can play online should you want to test it out. United is the sequel with heaps of new stuff to fiddle with.

Still don't know what trackmania is? Check out THIS video of 1000 players on the same track, it's memorising, well worth watching even if you're not interested in this game. Also here's a quick 4MB video of Trackmania United to give you an idea: TMIsland

So.....who's up for some Trackmania?

-------------------------------------

Clan Details

Login: gbatemp
Password: clan
(Add a group in your profile)

Clan Members:

Opium
AshuraZero

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Is it an MMO racing game or something? I'm interested
tongue.gif
(might wait for hl2:ep2/TF2/portal though)

It's not really MMO, but it has some very extensive online modes and customisation. Heaps of fun to play online on crazy and insanely difficult tracks. You can swap tracks, cars and car skins with others. You usually get servers with about 20-40 people all racing at the same time. It's based off time trial and there is no collision. You go straight through their cars, press Enter at any time to appear at the start of the stage and try your luck again. Not only is it difficult most of the time to get to the finish, you need to compete for time with all the other racers.

Great game, I played Trackmania Nations quite a bit.

Bring on Trackmania United tomorrow
grog.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
never heard of it, but i have steam, although i doubt my comp would run this... it still have a hella time keeping up w/ CS

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much better price than I paid for TM United, been playing it ever since. Ill join a group if we have one setup.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks really cool! I had never heard about this game series until now!

I see there's a cracked version of Trackmania United available on torrents - does it work okay online? And would it interfere with any of my paid for steam games?

smile.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After playing Nations for a bit today, I just pre-purchased United over steam. 20% for pre-purchase? That was a major selling point for me!
biggrin.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Aww... No collisions. They're the best part of any racing game in my opinion...

- Sam

You need to play it, try out Trackmania Nations. It works really well. Afterall with 40 other cars you'd want to hope collision is off because they'd screw up your times with all the smashes. This game is about getting the fastest time and it's oddly addictive.

Anyone who's interested, try out Nations (only about 300MB) and play on an online server. Then get United if you like it
smile.gif
I'll start a GBAtemp group once my copy unlocks in steam.

The game can also be scaled quite well to run on older machines, also since there is no collision online play is a breeze even on a slower connection.

*edit*

After playing Nations for a bit today, I just pre-purchased United over steam. 20% for pre-purchase? That was a major selling point for me!
biggrin.gif

Great! I'll see you online.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those of us that have purchased the game already or are going to, the game is available and playable on Steam right now.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've started a clan. You can join it with the following details:

login: gbatemp
password: clan

Go to your profile then click add in the groups section (I think...)

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn, I hate steam...
if I pick up a copy instore, can I still be part of the clan if you guys are playing on steam?
I think I've got a copy in stock...

edit: picked it up, and installing... btw, nations was hawt.... I can't wait for united.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.